Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mod Help!!!

So I'm trying to download mods into my game and I accidentally deleted the package file that was in the mods folder already. I know now that the mods won't work without it or they haven't at least. So does anyone know what I can do? I though about uninstalling and reinstalling the game but I'm not sure. Any ideas?

Comments

• TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Is this for Sims 3? Because this is the Sims 3 General Discussion forum.

For TS3 there is no package file required for mods to work (I have no clue how it works for TS4). There is a resource.cfg file which is required, but if you deleted it you could either find it in your recycle bin or download it again from modthesims:

http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Setup_and_Files

That framework zip has 2 small mods to test your installation, but those package files are not required for other mods to work.

Lastly, reinstalling TS3 won't do anything regarding mods, except perhaps require you to install the framework again and you don't need to reinstall TS3 to redo the framework.
  • Emio2709Emio2709 Posts: 2 New Member
    Yes it is, sorry I should've mentioned that.
    Thanks for the help I'll have a look and hopefully that'll work. Thank you
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited September 2016
    Do you mean that you deleted the Packages folder? If so all you need to do is to create a new one under the Mods folder. For mods to work you need a Mods folder and in that folder you need the resource.cfg file (as @TreyNutz mentioned) and a Packages folder (where all your .package files go).