Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

'Return To Police Station' Not Working

I'm probably being really dumb and missing something that I should already know, but here it goes...

So I have two detectives who are working a case (The same one, amusingly) and both have to return to the police station to 'help with assignment'. When I press to get them to go back to the station like it asks they go in, the timer bar fills, but the assignment doesn't end even though all critera is met and the bar is full. I've been trying it every which way, making sure they aren't tired or hungry or whatever in case they have been leaving earlier (Which is what actually happened to begin with) but it's still not finishing and until it does neither of them can accept new cases.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited September 2016
    This may be a silly question (sorry) as I've never played that career, but is the Police Station by any chance part of a combo lot or is it a standalone? The combo lots are known to be problematic in all kinds of ways.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    MeltyCat wrote: »
    I'm probably being really dumb and missing something that I should already know, but here it goes...

So I have two detectives who are working a case (The same one, amusingly) and both have to return to the police station to 'help with assignment'. When I press to get them to go back to the station like it asks they go in, the timer bar fills, but the assignment doesn't end even though all critera is met and the bar is full. I've been trying it every which way, making sure they aren't tired or hungry or whatever in case they have been leaving earlier (Which is what actually happened to begin with) but it's still not finishing and until it does neither of them can accept new cases.

Any ideas?

Sounds like a TS4 problem to me, best answered in a TS4 help section.
  • Options
    @Jessa_Dakkar - Ah, wrong game if that's so. No wonder I didn't recognize the scenario being played out. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    MeltyCatMeltyCat Posts: 8 New Member
    @Jessa_Dakkar @igazor I don't own 4, I'm playing 3. It's a job via the PI career. I believe it is the case of the missing golden llama.

I was talking to a friend who also plays 3 and they said it crashed for them too.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Sorry @MeltyCat! I have only worked the PI career maybe twice in all these years. I didn't know you could play it with two sims simultaneously, like with a partner. I did a little reading and I see reports of the PI career being glitchy. I guess I hadn't gotten that case before but I have read from others who have and seem to have the same problem you are and the only fix I have found is to quit that case and just move on from there.
  • Options
    @Jessa_Dakkar No worries. Thanks anyway. :)

I'm thinking I may need to quit it and move on too, but it's a shame. I so badly wanted to finish it haha.
  • Options
    If the Police Station in question is part of a combo rabbit hole (sometimes combined with City Hall or other municipal services), those can create all kinds of issues with opportunities and the more interactive careers. If not averse to using mods, the current version of NRaas Overwatch fixes that. You could also redesign the town so that the Police Station is a standalone rabbit hole. Either way, you would have to replay part of your current opp chain as neither fix is going to do anything for an opp already in progress.

But regardless, yes the PI career is still buggy.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Ah right. Thanks for that. The police station is stand alone and not merged with city hall or anything, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to make sure by editing the town a little bit more. (I've been meaning to do that anyway.) Thanks. <3