Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 expansions

Has anyone else had an issue with their expansions not connecting? Meaning, if I want to make a pet, I must select pets. If I want to make a fairy, I must select supernatural. Used to, when everything was installed, you just click on the latest icon on the desktop and ALL of the expansions and stuff packs were active. Now if I want to make a witch with a cat, both pets and supernatural must be selected. Is this because I downloaded a couple of the expansions from Origin? When I do select more than one, a message pops up about choosing more than two could interfere with game performance. But what if I want to give my witch a familiar AND a job that is available through Ambitions and then wants to travel which would requires World Adventures, then wants to make a robot or travel to the future? (Into the Future)

Is there a way to make sure they all connect to one another without having to physically select the ones you want to play at that time?

I know this must sound confusing. I'm at work and trying to hurry. Sorry

Comments

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    You have been upgraded to patch 1.69. It ties your game to Origin.

After launching origin you choose Sims 3. Then the launcher loads. There is a new page on the launcher with check boxes for all expansions and stuff packs you own. You have to make sure they are checked for all expansion and stuff packs you used in the save you want to play. This means you now have a lot of clicking to do to launch the game and you have to remember what you used in each save. You need to verify all appropriate boxes are ticked before loading your save as they don't always stay ticked. Good luck.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    To answer your question. Yes you got upgraded to this new patch when you installed a digital download from origin.

I've now gone out and bought all disks to avoid this happening to me. A lot of people have removed origin from their computer. Others have repurchased everything from Steam.