Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is the best computer for Sims 4 and other gaming?

Comments

• corvettedude31corvettedude31 Posts: 14 New Member
    so I won't be able to play it at all, not even on the low settings?
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    so I won't be able to play it at all, not even on the low settings?

Unfortunately no. You may be able to run the sims 2 since it requires less of a computer to run than the sims 3 and 4. Sims 3 and 4 need a gaming computer
    could I play sim 3 on this system, anything would be new to me. I'd be happy with that.
    I paid 500 for this one, I really hate to go anymore, because so far I really like this laptop and I just don't use a computer very much. My last one was 10 years old, not much of a computer user lol.
    edited January 2017
    could I play sim 3 on this system, anything would be new to me. I'd be happy with that.

No . The sims 3 and 4 have the same computer requirements only the games are programed differently. If you had a computer that could run the whole sims 3 game it would also be able to run the sims 4.
    I paid 500 for this one, I really hate to go anymore, because so far I really like this laptop and I just don't use a computer very much. My last one was 10 years old, not much of a computer user lol.

gaming laptops to run TS3 or 4 cost around $900 USD and up depending on sales. Desktop $600 and up. Desktops are cheaper and more powerful for gaming than a laptop. This is the lowest I would go to run TS3 and 4 https://www.walmart.com/ip/iBUYPOWER-Gamer-WA583R7-Black-Desktop-PC-with-AMD-Eight-Core-FX-8320-Vishera-Processor-8GB-Memory-1TB-Hard-Drive-and-Windows-10-Home-Monitor-Not-In/35119954#about-item
    oh ok well thanks for guys help glad to hear this before I went ahead and bought the game
    hey on this origin thing I found a free trial, could I download that to see if it works?
  • chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    edited January 2017
    hey on this origin thing I found a free trial, could I download that to see if it works?

The thing is it may work but it's not really recommended to game with integrated graphics.
    It will most likely wear the laptop out sooner and you may have issues with overheating.
    You can try it.
    The 6th gen integrated is better then previous gen so if you really cant afford or do not want to return the laptop then give it a go. But invest in a very good laptop cooling pad.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

I cant even figure out how to get the trial now I clicked on it and it said I had to download an app and now I cant find anything lol
    I cant even figure out how to get the trial now I clicked on it and it said I had to download an app and now I cant find anything lol

You need the origin app.

https://www.origin.com/aus/en-us/store/download
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

I really appreciate the time you guys are taking to help, thank you guys so much
    with the over heating will I get a warning or will it be instant damage? If I got some sort of warning and knew it was damaging my computer I would just stop playing it and consider the 40 bucks I paid for the games a loss and not play it again.
    says its gonna take 4 hours to download the trial is that normal? Of course it started at 6 hours and went to 4 hours in about 2 minutes?
    with the over heating will I get a warning or will it be instant damage? If I got some sort of warning and knew it was damaging my computer I would just stop playing it and consider the 40 bucks I paid for the games a loss and not play it again.

It will not be instant damage. Your pc "should" shutdown to prevent damage. However over time excessive heat will shorten the lifespan.
    As for downloading.. it depends on the speed the download is going at.. it may be origin is going slowly and not maxing out your connection.
    The estimated time will vary as the download continues.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    I bought an Alienware laptop specifically for The Sims 4. Yes Alienware is pricey but I assure you it is WORTH EVERY PENNY! Runs like a dream, load times are NOTHING updates are NOTHING my laptops a beast. I absolutely <3 it. TS4 has crashed mabey once ore twice and thats it. I also have all graphics turned to high quality. I hope this helps!

https://www.amazon.com/Alienware-ALW14-1250sLV-i5-4200M-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B00F4MEGYU?SubscriptionId=AKIAIWMUADU2A43VJNAA&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00F4MEGYU/157-9198262-9567548

Alienware 14 750 GB
    Intel Core i5-4200M CPU @2.50GHz
    Installed Memory (RAM) 8GB
    64 bit Operating System
    You shouldn't buy laptops/computers on Amazon.
    It's really overpriced. I'd recommend buying Alienware only from the official website or EBay (if you know what you're doing).

I got my Alienware 15 R2 off eBay for $1100. It was 1 month used, and otherwise, in perfect condition.
    It's original price was 1600 if I'm not mistaken.
    My specs are in my signature.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

says its gonna take 4 hours to download the trial is that normal? Of course it started at 6 hours and went to 4 hours in about 2 minutes?

I doubt the game will even start because of the video card .You will get a warning can't run this video card , its not supported
    hey guys i downloaded the trial and play it for a couple hours last night things seemed to work fine. At first startup it said graphics card not recognised or something and said adjustments were made to run game your computer. I will be getting that cooling pad i was told to get and i will play this game probably a couple hours on the weekend through the winter months and honestly once the weather is warm i highly doubt my computer will even be turned on but once a month lol. you guys think I'll be ok? I dont plan to get any of the expansion packs just enjoy playing this one once in awhile.
    hey guys i downloaded the trial and play it for a couple hours last night things seemed to work fine. At first startup it said graphics card not recognised or something and said adjustments were made to run game your computer. I will be getting that cooling pad i was told to get and i will play this game probably a couple hours on the weekend through the winter months and honestly once the weather is warm i highly doubt my computer will even be turned on but once a month lol. you guys think I'll be ok? I dont plan to get any of the expansion packs just enjoy playing this one once in awhile.

It should be fine for casual play.
    The newer intel chips are not all that bad.
    The good cooling pads are either cooler master or Thermaltake. And ones with adjustable fans ;)
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

As long as your not playing long hours, use a cooling pad , Play in windowed mode , check off laptop mode in game options will take the stress off your computer. If your laptop is set at higher resolutions like 1080p the game will eventually give you more trouble because your video card can not handle gaming in 1080p resolution. You can lower screen resolution in game options.
  • kristamariesimmokristamariesimmo Posts: 59 New Member
    I want to know about this one? I can't spend too much.

2016 New Edition Dell 23" Touchscreen All-in-One Desktop Computer (Intel i5-4210M up to 3.2GHz, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 23" FHD 1080P Touch Display, HDMI, WiFi, Webcam, Windows 8.1
    @phoebebebe13 you said that if someone could run the whole Sims 3 game then Sims 4 should've worked. I have all of Sims 3 game for both desktops and they worked perfectly? Another question I have seen the gaming pc but no monitor. Do you have to buy the monitor separate because mines is wireless and can I do more than just play games on it? Could go to youtube if I wanted to?
    Most gaming pc's will not come with a monitor only the tower.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

@chesterbigbird could I use any monitor? I have a wireless computer but my drivers that are out of date are still on there?
    You could use any monitor.. provided they have the same connection ports as the pc you will get. (Hdmi,DVI,Vga.)
    Drivers do not go anywhere unless you uninstall them. I dont think you need to do that.

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top