Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is the best computer for Sims 4 and other gaming?

Comments

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited September 2017
    @jean I'm going to send you a pm to include cheater she can help you with custom

Who's cheater?????? :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    (Sorry i had to LOL)

You know when I hit spell check it sometimes sees you as cheater and I'm Phoenician :p:p:p
  • MidnightmewwMidnightmeww Posts: 10 New Member
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > Midnightmeww wrote: »
    >
    > @phoebebebe13 I'm sorry if im hijacking a thread but i can't make my own and am wondering if this PC is good enough for Pets/All dlc?
    >
    >
    > Hard Drive Capacity1120 gigabytes
    > Hard Drive Type SATA
    > Operating System Windows 10
    > Processor Speed (Base) 3.6 gigahertz
    > System Memory (RAM) 16 gigabytes
    > GraphicsNVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Your computer specs looks fine however you did not mention processor i5, amd etc. Is your processor a quad core?

It's a i7 7700 I cant find quad/duo core anywhere. It is a desktop
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    edited September 2017
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    >
    > @phoebebebe13 I'm sorry if im hijacking a thread but i can't make my own and am wondering if this PC is good enough for Pets/All dlc?
    >
    >
    > Hard Drive Type SATA
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Your computer specs looks fine however you did not mention processor i5, amd etc. Is your processor a quad core?

Hello @Midnightmeww
    The i7 7700 is a quad core desktop processor. It is great to have for playing the Sims 4 game
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    >
    >
    >
    > Hard Drive Type SATA
    >
    >
    >
    >

your fine :)
  • shookshook Posts: 3 New Member
    hi guys, i recently asked for suggestions about a cyberpower pc and now it's out of stock but im finally buying one today and just wanted to check and see what y'all thunk before i purchase:

https://www.amazon.com/CYBERPOWERPC-GXiVR8060A2-Desktop-i5-7400-7200RPM/dp/B01MT0781S/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1504899358&sr=1-3&keywords=cyberpowerpc
    shook wrote: »
    hi guys, i recently asked for suggestions about a cyberpower pc and now it's out of stock but im finally buying one today and just wanted to check and see what y'all thunk before i purchase:

https://www.amazon.com/CYBERPOWERPC-GXiVR8060A2-Desktop-i5-7400-7200RPM/dp/B01MT0781S/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1504899358&sr=1-3&keywords=cyberpowerpc

It meets requirements but make sure it has 500 watt power supply
  • MsReid113MsReid113 Posts: 11 New Member
    Hey guys I'm looking to get a new desktop to play Sims 2,3, &4. Mostly Sims 2. I need something that can handle a lot of cc. I read that hp is not good but I found this on at bestbuy. It has room for upgrades, large cooling fan and 500w power supply. Any thoughts?

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-omen-by-hp-desktop-intel-core-i5-8gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-1tb-hard-drive-brushed-aluminum/5759916.p?skuId=5759916
    I also found this one.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gamer-xtreme-vr-desktop-intel-core-i5-8gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-1tb-hard-drive-black-blue/5712949.p?skuId=5712949
    Thanks @phoebebebe13. I will go with that one:)
    your welcome @MsReid113
  • LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    Intel core i7 - 7700);
    Memory capacity = 16GB;
    Maximum saving capacity is 1240 GB (HDD = 1000GB / SSD = 240GB);
    Videocard = 3072 MB (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060)

Did that make any sense (it's from a Dutch site)? What do you guys think based on these few qualifications? Any good? It's a Medion Erazer.
    Quite pricey but I'd use it daily for TS4 and use of the internet (it's supposed to replace my laptop). :)
    LiesSim wrote: »
    Intel core i7 - 7700);
    Memory capacity = 16GB;
    Maximum saving capacity is 1240 GB (HDD = 1000GB / SSD = 240GB);l

Did that make any sense (it's from a Dutch site)? What do you guys think based on these few qualifications? Any good? It's a Medion Erazer.
    Quite pricey but I'd use it daily for TS4 and use of the internet (it's supposed to replace my laptop). :)

Hello @LiesSim
    The computer specifications are great for playing Sims 4 :)
    rosemow wrote: »
    Intel core i7 - 7700);
    Memory capacity = 16GB;

Hello @LiesSim

Awesome, thanks!
    edited September 2017
    rosemow wrote: »
    Intel core i7 - 7700);
    Memory capacity = 16GB;

Hello @LiesSim

Awesome, thanks!

You're welcome :) There may also be simmers here that can help you find a computer with the same specifications but a lower price. @chesterbigbird may be able to help you.
  • chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    Intel core i7 - 7700);
    Memory capacity = 16GB;

Hi :)
    Those specs are fine, But like rosemow mentioned you may be able to get it cheaper.
    What's your budget and location? And how much is the one you mentioned.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

Intel core i7 - 7700);
    Memory capacity = 16GB;

Those specs are fine, But like rosemow mentioned you may be able to get it cheaper.

I live in Belgium and the one I found is €1200 or £1082 or 1435 dollars. I'm going to visit some stores to see if they have one with the same specs but cheaper because I do think it is a lot of money. Not that I would have to eat dry bread for a year if I buy it but I'd rather not spend too much.
    Intel core i7 - 7700);
    Memory capacity = 16GB;

I live in Belgium and the one I found is €1200 or £1082 or 1435 dollars. I'm going to visit some stores to see if they have one with the same specs but cheaper because I do think it is a lot of money. Not that I would have to eat dry bread for a year if I buy it but I'd rather not spend too much.

Everyone should hunt for bargains ;)
    Doesn't hurt to pay less lol. I'll see if i can find anything when i get to my pc.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• HollyA96HollyA96 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi everyone, I'm looking at getting a gaming PC for Christmas. I want the game to play fast, with lots of additional CC and mods. Can anyone give me some advice of good specs to try? My budget is between £800-£1000 and I am in the UK. Thank you!!
    HollyA96 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I'm looking at getting a gaming PC for Christmas. I want the game to play fast, with lots of additional CC and mods. Can anyone give me some advice of good specs to try? My budget is between £800-£1000 and I am in the UK. Thank you!!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Freshtech-H110M-S2H-Motherboard-Performance-Certified/dp/B01LWIC1UO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1505391395&sr=8-2&keywords=freshtech+gtx+1060
  • TBird81TBird81 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi Everyone,

I was hoping to buy a new Desktop to replace an aging Dell.

I want it to be able to play Sims 4 but also games such as Championship Manager and Total War (For my hubs).

I also need to be able to have Office software on it to use for work, as well as usual web browsing, Spotify listening etc. I am presuming that any decent Gaming computer will have a good enough spec to be able to do these things. But I may be wrong as I am not very well educated in computers...!

I don't have a budget per se so open to different options and am based in the UK.

I would be so grateful on some possible options, if you have time!

Cheers,

TBird
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited September 2017
    @TBird81 Just chipping in that office software is a lot less demanding than many games, so if you have constructed a gaming rig, it will almost certainly run your office software; the trick is not being ripped off.

Microsoft will do everything it can to persuade you that you need absolutely every element of its latest Windows Office package, along with installations for five computers. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT let yourself be ripped off just because you don't have a strict budget. It's not like with graphics cards, where paying more (usually) gets you better quality; getting those unnecessary programs just clogs your computer.

I don't know what you plan to do in your office, but the average person will get by just fine with their basic Student package - heck, the average person will get by just fine with a basic Student package from 2013.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    TBird81 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

I was hoping to buy a new Desktop to replace an aging Dell.

I want it to be able to play Sims 4 but also games such as Championship Manager and Total War (For my hubs).

I also need to be able to have Office software on it to use for work, as well as usual web browsing, Spotify listening etc. I am presuming that any decent Gaming computer will have a good enough spec to be able to do these things. But I may be wrong as I am not very well educated in computers...!

I don't have a budget per se so open to different options and am based in the UK.

I would be so grateful on some possible options, if you have time!

Cheers,

TBird

These would be good :
    https://www.chillblast.com/grian-s-red-box-2-by-chillblast.html?category_id=412#product-details-tab-customise
    https://www.chillblast.com/chillblast-fusion-gtx-1060-custom-gaming-pc-2.html?category_id=412
    http://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/saved/1248236
    The bottom link is a custom link.. so may not last long (can easily create another)
    Do you have any particular amount you do not want to go over? And do you need monitor/mouse/Keyboard?
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

> @chesterbigbird said:
    >
    > Hi :)
    > These would be good :
    > https://www.chillblast.com/grian-s-red-box-2-by-chillblast.html?category_id=412#product-details-tab-customise
    > https://www.chillblast.com/chillblast-fusion-gtx-1060-custom-gaming-pc-2.html?category_id=412
    > http://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/saved/1248236
    > The bottom link is a custom link.. so may not last long (can easily create another)
    > Do you have any particular amount you do not want to go over? And do you need monitor/mouse/Keyboard?

Hi,

First off, thanks for helping me! I normally spend a lot of time researching new technical things I buy but have had a rough time personally lately and just can't get me head around or into it...!

They all look great.

A few questions though: I noticed that you selected the i5. Is there any benefit - future proofing wise - for getting the i7 instead? Or does it not work like that?

The old computer we have has a decent size working monitor. (Dell 20" E207FPW Monitor). Would it be able to show the graphics well or would you recommend a new one? (I looked back to find it in my mail and was shocked to see that we have had this Dell for 10 years! Fair play we never had a prob with it!)

Similarly mouse and keyboard in working order - would you recommend new ones of those as well? I would presume they are less important and can easily be changed when they conk out.

Also stupid question but all these come with integral wifi capabilities so I wouldn't need an adapter or to have it plugged into the router yeah?

Cost wise in my mind I was thinking around a grand but could go a bit higher if you think it would improve longevity/future proof. My kids are under 5 so I think I have another 8 years before they may want to get into more complex computer stuff at which point something up to date may be needed.

Anyway now I am waffling.

Thanks again,

T
    > @Loanet said:
    > @TBird81 Just chipping in that office software is a lot less demanding than many games, so if you have constructed a gaming rig, it will almost certainly run your office software; the trick is not being ripped off.
    >
    > Microsoft will do everything it can to persuade you that you need absolutely every element of its latest Windows Office package, along with installations for five computers. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT let yourself be ripped off just because you don't have a strict budget. It's not like with graphics cards, where paying more (usually) gets you better quality; getting those unnecessary programs just clogs your computer.
    >
    > I don't know what you plan to do in your office, but the average person will get by just fine with their basic Student package - heck, the average person will get by just fine with a basic Student package from 2013.

---

Thanks for the advice. I will definitely take it!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top