Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is the best computer for Sims 4 and other gaming?

Comments

• Options
    lailaislailais Posts: 13 New Member
    @chesterbigbird
    Honestly, you're the best. I give you and your little pump two thumbs up! Thank you so much for your help.
    (I planned on getting the headset and mousepad too haha)
    Would you reccomend a cooling pad as well? I've heard some people say that it's good for gaming.
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    lailais wrote: »
    @chesterbigbird
    Honestly, you're the best. I give you and your little pump two thumbs up! Thank you so much for your help.
    (I planned on getting the headset and mousepad too haha)
    Would you reccomend a cooling pad as well? I've heard some people say that it's good for gaming.
    You're welcome!
    Cooling pads are good because they can save your laptop's fan from wearing out.
    Good ones are from Cooler Master and Thermaltake.

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    @chesterbigbird
    I appreciate all of your help!!! ♥️
  • Options
    Simmer0267Simmer0267 Posts: 5 New Member
    I'm looking for a computer pc desktop and I would like to only spend around $700-$800. Also, graphics and the speed really matters to me. Any suggestions?
  • Options
    @chesterbigbird
    I appreciate all of your help!!! ♥️

No problem ;)
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Simmer0267 wrote: »
    I'm looking for a computer pc desktop and I would like to only spend around $700-$800. Also, graphics and the speed really matters to me. Any suggestions?

with a lower budget like that I'm finding computers temporarily out of stock, totally out of stock or a waiting period. You might find more if you upped your budget . Bestbuy seems to have more in stock than others.

This is temporarily out of stock. You can contact amazon and maybe they can give you an estimate of delivery https://www.amazon.com/CYBERPOWERPC-GXiVR8020A3-Desktop-i5-7400-802-11AC/dp/B071NG75BW/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1501505724&sr=8-5&keywords=cyberpower+desktop+amd&th=1

This has a two month waiting period https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MT0781S/ref=sxbs_sxwds-stvp_2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=2972357942&pd_rd_wg=cmFQR&pf_rd_r=8S9WMAAR8PCJ9W7T81V9&pf_rd_s=desktop-sx-bottom-slot&pf_rd_t=301&pd_rd_i=B01MT0781S&pd_rd_w=Ru3QR&pf_rd_i=cyberpower+desktop+amd&pd_rd_r=HGZ8XC7BFXRYKRD22JB1&ie=UTF8&qid=1501505781&sr=2

This has no reviews Newegg charges no tax outside CA, TN and NJ https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227743&cm_re=desktop_ibuypower_1050_ti-_-83-227-743-_-Product

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gamer-ultra-desktop-amd-fx-series-16gb-memory-amd-radeon-rx-580-2tb-hard-drive-orange/5456101.p?skuId=5456101

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gamer-xtreme-desktop-intel-core-i5-7400-8gb-memory-amd-radeon-rx-580-1tb-hard-drive-black/5855468.p?skuId=5855468

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gamer-ultra-desktop-amd-fx-series-8gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-120gb-solid-state-drive-1tb-hard-drive-black/5657804.p?skuId=5657804
  • Options
    Simmer0267Simmer0267 Posts: 5 New Member
    [quote="phoebebebe13;c-15929862"][quote="Simmer0267;c-15926121"]I'm looking for a computer pc desktop and I would like to only spend around $700-$800. Also, graphics and the speed really matters to me. Any suggestions?[/quote]

with a lower budget like that I'm finding computers temporarily out of stock, totally out of stock or a waiting period. You might find more if you upped your budget . Bestbuy seems to have more in stock than others.

This is temporarily out of stock. You can contact amazon and maybe they can give you an estimate of delivery https://www.amazon.com/CYBERPOWERPC-GXiVR8020A3-Desktop-i5-7400-802-11AC/dp/B071NG75BW/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1501505724&sr=8-5&keywords=cyberpower%2Bdesktop%2Bamd&th=1

This has a two month waiting period https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MT0781S/ref=sxbs_sxwds-stvp_2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=2972357942&pd_rd_wg=cmFQR&pf_rd_r=8S9WMAAR8PCJ9W7T81V9&pf_rd_s=desktop-sx-bottom-slot&pf_rd_t=301&pd_rd_i=B01MT0781S&pd_rd_w=Ru3QR&pf_rd_i=cyberpower+desktop+amd&pd_rd_r=HGZ8XC7BFXRYKRD22JB1&ie=UTF8&qid=1501505781&sr=2

This has no reviews Newegg charges no tax outside CA, TN and NJ https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227743&cm_re=desktop_ibuypower_1050_ti-_-83-227-743-_-Product

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gamer-ultra-desktop-amd-fx-series-16gb-memory-amd-radeon-rx-580-2tb-hard-drive-orange/5456101.p?skuId=5456101

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gamer-xtreme-desktop-intel-core-i5-7400-8gb-memory-amd-radeon-rx-580-1tb-hard-drive-black/5855468.p?skuId=5855468

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gamer-ultra-desktop-amd-fx-series-8gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-120gb-solid-state-drive-1tb-hard-drive-black/5657804.p?skuId=5657804[/quote]

Thanks for all the help :) Is there any that could be close to $1000-$1200?
  • Options
    Hi all. I was talking to a friend about my custom laptop I'm getting done in a month and they did nothing but 🐸🐸🐸🐸 on it. They said that my computer isnt going to last and its pointless to invest in because her broke /: is that true?
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Hi all. I was talking to a friend about my custom laptop I'm getting done in a month and they did nothing but plum on it. They said that my computer isnt going to last and its pointless to invest in because her broke /: is that true?
    What laptop did she have?
    Laptop's are not designed to last forever, They will have a shorter lifespan then a desktop, One because of the heat factor and 2 because they cannot be upgraded and repairs will be more expensive then a desktop.
    But as far as someone saying their laptop broke so nobody should buy one is a little silly LOL.
    How did hers brake? how was it used? was it not properly looked after?
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options

This is temporarily out of stock. You can contact amazon and maybe they can give you an estimate of delivery https://www.amazon.com/CYBERPOWERPC-GXiVR8020A3-Desktop-i5-7400-802-11AC/dp/B071NG75BW/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1501505724&sr=8-5&keywords=cyberpower+desktop+amd&th=1

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gamer-ultra-desktop-amd-fx-series-8gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-120gb-solid-state-drive-1tb-hard-drive-black/5657804.p?skuId=5657804

Thanks for all the help :) Is there any that could be close to $1000-$1200?

if your going to up your budget it's best to go custom and pick out your own hardware. I would only recommend buying off the shelf if you have a lower budget
  • Options
    Hi all. I was talking to a friend about my custom laptop I'm getting done in a month and they did nothing but plum on it. They said that my computer isnt going to last and its pointless to invest in because her broke /: is that true?
    Laptop's are not designed to last forever, They will have a shorter lifespan then a desktop, One because of the heat factor and 2 because they cannot be upgraded and repairs will be more expensive then a desktop.
    But as far as someone saying their laptop broke so nobody should buy one is a little silly LOL.

So true and laptops also need to be professionally cleaned. Desktop you can open and clean yourself
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

So true and laptops also need to be professionally cleaned. Desktop you can open and clean yourself

https://youtu.be/zP0E6gMZtW0

I have an HP laptops,17-inch screen. we have had it for over 4 years, its used for gaming, movies. it's for everyone in the family and stay on pretty much 24/7
    even when it's not in use its left on.
    It has never over heated. It cost around 1,450.00 we bought it because of the specs. it had the best of everything
    It's still kicking. not getting any lag in none of the online worlds. No games lag... and we are a gaming family.
    I may have to just give it away. :D it won't break I vacuum it but never open and cleaned.

My next laptop, I will buy another HP :)

HP Omen 17

A premium desktop replacement sans the premium cost so far I am thinking about this one Unless I find better in HP. :)

CPU: 6th gen Intel Core i7 | Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB GDDR5); Intel HD Graphics 530 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 | Screen: 17.3-inch 4K (3,840 x 2,160) IPS with G-Sync | Storage: 1TB - 2TB HDD, 128GB SSD

$889.99
    VIEW AT WOOT!
    $1149.99
    View at eBay
    $1184.99
    View at Amazon Marketplace

we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    Stormsview wrote: »

https://youtu.be/zP0E6gMZtW0

I have an HP laptops,17-inch screen. we have had it for over 4 years, its used for gaming, movies. it's for everyone in the family and stay on pretty much 24/7
    even when it's not in use its left on.
    It has never over heated. It cost around 1,450.00 we bought it because of the specs. it had the best of everything
    It's still kicking. not getting any lag in none of the online worlds. No games lag... and we are a gaming family.
    I may have to just give it away. :D it won't break I vacuum it but never open and cleaned.

My next laptop, I will buy another HP :)

HP Omen 17

A premium desktop replacement sans the premium cost so far I am thinking about this one Unless I find better in HP. :)

CPU: 6th gen Intel Core i7 | Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB GDDR5); Intel HD Graphics 530 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 | Screen: 17.3-inch 4K (3,840 x 2,160) IPS with G-Sync | Storage: 1TB - 2TB HDD, 128GB SSD

$889.99
    VIEW AT WOOT!
    $1149.99
    View at eBay
    $1184.99
    View at Amazon Marketplace

You can not open the laptop while under warranty. It would void the warranty. Some people also get extended warranty. Some people are afraid of cleaning a laptop themselves. It much easier to actually clean a desktop. Desktops are not as fragi8le as a laptop and desktop is more powerful and better for gaming

We don't recommend HP for gaming. There are better companies out there that make laptops specific for gaming and far superior with better specs for the price than HP. If you buy HP that's your choice. When we help here in tech we try to help people get the best specs for their money
  • Options
    FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    I finally placed an order ! Thank you @chesterbigbird and @phoebebebe13 for your help. It took me a while to finally understand what I need and what everything means.
    I chose:
    EVOC High Performance Systems P650HP6-G 15.6" Custom Built Gaming Laptop w/ nVIDIA GTX 1060 w/ G-Sync
    15.6" 120Hz - 5ms Full HD (1920x1080) TN Antiglare Matte Type Display - with nVIDIA® G-SYNC™ Technology
    nVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX 1060 w/ 6.0GB GDDR5 - NVIDIA G-Sync Enabled w/ Unlocked Prema vBIOS - Latest Updated Version once available
    7th Generation Intel® Core™ Core i7-7700HQ Quad Core Processor, 2.8 GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.8GHz), 6MB Smart Cache
    IC Diamond on CPU + GPU
    16GB (2 x 8GB) Dual Channel DDR4/2400MHz
    HIDevolution Approved 512GB M.2 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
    1TB 7200 RPM 9.5mm SATA 6Gb/s Hard Drive

I was torn between this model and MSI GE62VR apache pro 606, but screen on P650HP6-G was major plus.

Can't wait to have it, but it's going to take a while.

• Options
    @chesterbigbird
    i'm not sure. She seems to play a lot of intensive games, and when I said I was playing the sims she kind of ragged on me and made me feel like 🐸🐸🐸🐸, but she also said "the laptop you're going to get is going to break down wnd you're going to have to find the money to buy one again so good luck" like lol i felt like 🐸🐸🐸🐸. All I said was I wanted to play the Sims on Ultra.
  • Options
    I finally placed an order ! Thank you @chesterbigbird and @phoebebebe13 for your help. It took me a while to finally understand what I need and what everything means.
    I chose:
    EVOC High Performance Systems P650HP6-G 15.6" Custom Built Gaming Laptop w/ nVIDIA GTX 1060 w/ G-Sync
    15.6" 120Hz - 5ms Full HD (1920x1080) TN Antiglare Matte Type Display - with nVIDIA® G-SYNC™ Technology
    nVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX 1060 w/ 6.0GB GDDR5 - NVIDIA G-Sync Enabled w/ Unlocked Prema vBIOS - Latest Updated Version once available
    7th Generation Intel® Core™ Core i7-7700HQ Quad Core Processor, 2.8 GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.8GHz), 6MB Smart Cache
    IC Diamond on CPU + GPU
    16GB (2 x 8GB) Dual Channel DDR4/2400MHz
    HIDevolution Approved 512GB M.2 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
    1TB 7200 RPM 9.5mm SATA 6Gb/s Hard Drive

I was torn between this model and MSI GE62VR apache pro 606, but screen on P650HP6-G was major plus.

Can't wait to have it, but it's going to take a while.

Your very welcome. Specs look good. Enjoy your new laptop :)
  • Options
    @chesterbigbird
    i'm not sure. She seems to play a lot of intensive games, and when I said I was playing the sims she kind of ragged on me and made me feel like plum, but she also said "the laptop you're going to get is going to break down wnd you're going to have to find the money to buy one again so good luck" like lol i felt like plum. All I said was I wanted to play the Sims on Ultra.

Your friend should not have put it that way but your friend is correct in saying a laptop is a throw away computer. Once they no longer make that hardware for the laptop and it does break down, the laptop becomes a throw away computer. You would then have to buy a new computer. Average lifespan of a laptop is about 5 years. We don't recommend them unless you must have a laptop. Desktop is always better, some can be upgraded or hardware changed out if you buy the right hardware and case. Desktop is also more powerful than a laptop
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    @chesterbigbird
    i'm not sure. She seems to play a lot of intensive games, and when I said I was playing the sims she kind of ragged on me and made me feel like plum, but she also said "the laptop you're going to get is going to break down wnd you're going to have to find the money to buy one again so good luck" like lol i felt like plum. All I said was I wanted to play the Sims on Ultra.

If you want to play The Sims 4 on Ultra, you definitely need a gaming laptop. Do you know the specs of the laptop you want to buy? Maybe we can take a look and see if the specs are compatible for the game. :)
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »
    @chesterbigbird

If you want to play The Sims 4 on Ultra, you definitely need a gaming laptop. Do you know the specs of the laptop you want to buy? Maybe we can take a look and see if the specs are compatible for the game. :)

I believe she is getting a cyberpower with the GTX 1070. so not a bad laptop at all.
    @lailais
    Do not listen to your friend LOL.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    @chesterbigbird

Chester already gave them some custom gaming laptops on the prior page
  • Options
    Yeah I figured. Desktop will be down the road but all I play is the sims for now. You guys are my tech gurus so thats why i came here haha
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    @chesterbigbird

I believe she is getting a cyberpower with the GTX 1070. so not a bad laptop at all.
    @lailais
    Do not listen to your friend LOL.
    @chesterbigbird

Chester already gave them some custom gaming laptops on the prior page

Oh, if that's the laptop, then it's good enough for the game. I don't see why their friend needed to say those things. LOL.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    Yeah I figured. Desktop will be down the road but all I play is the sims for now. You guys are my tech gurus so thats why i came here haha

ask @chesterbigbird you might get a better deal on a desktop
  • Options
    FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    So I've got my new computer today. I'm speechless ... it's very serious machine and I feel too dumb to use it so I'm just looking at it for now :D
    I'm so glad I chose hidevolution to buy it from. They are going to connect to my laptop to tweak everything for me, because I'm obviously not capable of doing it myself.
    It's going to be very hard transition from mac to pc.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top