Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Child romances

Comments

• Options
    Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    edited August 2017
    LadyLux wrote: »
    Nah, I like kids being kids. Kids can tickle each other and hug each other and tell each other secrets-- really not sure it needs more than that crush-relationship wise? Reserve the other stuff for post-puberty teen-dom imo, they can advance to more flirty stuff in that stage imo.

We aren't talking about flirty as in the way they flirt now as teens-elderly first of all. Secondly, the tickling, hugging, telling secrets things you want to see in game is exactly what this thread is talking about. Having a crush/romance bar is nothing dirty or "too grown up" and shouldn't be happening if the reason behind why its being filled is with kid-like interactions. Say for example you have a sim. Your sim likes another kid, thinks he's something special. Your sim could do/say a number of things that are age appropriate that can move the bar along. Such as:

1. Tickle (and you have to think about this in kid terms)
    2. Hug
    3. Tell a secret
    4. Tease about them crushing on them (in a non-mean way)
    5. Shyness when sim states "I like you!"
    6. Pinch--cause some kids don't know how to express it
    7. Pull hair--same as #6
    8. Hold hands
    9. Offer lunch--while they are at school, they could have a pop up that states "Little Susie notices that Daniel's lunch is looking lonely without a dessert" (or something) and then you have a chance to either "leave it alone" or "share yours"
    10. Have an "exclusive play" action where, even though others are around, that they only play with each other. So the other sim kids won't bother them.

See? We aren't talking about being down and dirty here........no........thats way too creepy for me. Now when it comes to kisses on the cheek? Well, to some that might be going too far and to others it may be okay with them. I honestly have the opinion that if they want "kiss on the cheek" option in the option wheel, that they find a kiddie action that they could do while kissing their cheeks that won't seem so bad. And just cause its there, doesn't mean you have to use it.
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    I think sims 4 is perfect as it is and we should appreciate what we are given.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Stormsview wrote: »

Everyone here, including yourself, all want the devs to add things. If you really thought that it was perfect and not in need of anything more, then there wouldn't be any threads out there that state what you want them to do with the series. You'd sit back, relax, and enjoy the game as it unfolded without complaint. Just sayin'
  • Options
    Bear31 wrote: »

Everyone here, including yourself, all want the devs to add things. If you really thought that it was perfect and not in need of anything more, then there wouldn't be any threads out there that state what you want them to do with the series. You'd sit back, relax, and enjoy the game as it unfolded without complaint. Just sayin'

oh yes, i do, I am just like you, you even said its perfect just the way it is, and I so agree with you. <3
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
  • Options
    Bear31 wrote: »

oh yes, i do, I am just like you, you even said its perfect just the way it is, and I so agree with you. <3

Not saying that its perfect......I am saying that you saying its perfect and then turning around and telling them that they need this or that is a bit contradicting.
  • Options
    I have a better understanding now bear31, you helped me see the light. Now I can see just how perfect everything is in sims 4. :)
  • Options
    I have a better understanding now bear31, you helped me see the light. Now I can see just how perfect everything is in sims 4. :)

*facepalms and shakes head* Oi!
  • Options
    ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    I think it's too much of a slippery slope, I could understand teens but I'm not for children or even pre teen romances, sorry.
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    if they ever implemented something like this i would lock all of my sim children away in a tower, never to interact with other sim children again.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    i don't know... yeah, it sounds like a stranger danger, slibbery slope situation... if you allow this then next you'll have cats and dogs romancing each other and men dressed up in horse suits chasing raccoons. the sun will fall out of the sky and the moon will turn to blood. it'll be four horsey men chasing rainbows across the sky apocalyptic.
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    agustd wrote: »
    Come on. Kids are kids. Leave that be. Stop forcing romance on children, if you want it in your game play with teenagers. I realize kids get crushes in real life but if you'd feel comfortable playing it out in a game there must be something wrong with you honestly.

Oh crushes are indeed a thing. I can remember to this date how I could relate to this song when I was still a child myself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXj5i5YjPgk

Nothing wrong with that. What I find even more disturbing than having it actually happen in TS is your effort to make it a taboo by judging those of us who have nothing "bad" in mind when asking for Features which are harmless and would even meet the conditions of the game (Rating etc.) in order to make the game reflect life more accurately.

It's completely all right if you don't like the idea but please don't discuss things on a personal Level!

"[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options

HalloMolli wrote: »
    Come on. Kids are kids. Leave that be. Stop forcing romance on children, if you want it in your game play with teenagers. I realize kids get crushes in real life but if you'd feel comfortable playing it out in a game there must be something wrong with you honestly.

Oh crushes are indeed a thing. I can remember to this date how I could relate to this song when I was still a child myself:

Nothing wrong with that. What I find even more disturbing than having it actually happen in TS is your effort to make it a taboo by judging those of us who have nothing "bad" in mind when asking for Features which are harmless and would even meet the conditions of the game (Rating etc.) in order to make the game reflect life more accurately.

It's completely all right if you don't like the idea but please don't discuss things on a personal Level!

In the video, those are young teens or preteens. and they are kids with kids. and no they never kiss. but that is a child with a child or preteen his same age.

Let me tell you when it gets weird, It's when you're an adult, and you want to play a child with a crush on another child and then kiss them even just the cheek. ok now you have and real life adult behind the computer doing this. Not many people would think this is proper behavior for an adult? and that's when it gets weird.

We could instead ask for more romantic interaction between adult sims. keeping it within the Teen rating. but why not just have a cute crush on an adult sim. whats wrong with that.

Why the interest in an adult playing a child on child crush holding hands and kissing. nope, something weird about that, and it's Not cute when an adult wants to play a child doing that. I say leave the sims kids alone to be kids.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    HalloMolli wrote: »

In the video, those are young teens or preteens. and they are kids with kids. and no they never kiss. but that is a child with a child or preteen his same age.

Let me tell you when it gets weird, It's when you're an adult, and you want to play a child with a crush on another child and then kiss them even just the cheek. ok now you have and real life adult behind the computer doing this. Not many people would think this is proper behavior for an adult? and that's when it gets weird.

We could instead ask for more romantic interaction between adult sims. keeping it within the Teen rating. but why not just have a cute crush on an adult sim. whats wrong with that.

Why the interest in an adult playing a child on child crush holding hands and kissing. nope, something weird about that, and it's Not cute when an adult wants to play a child doing that. I say leave the sims kids alone to be kids.

When the Single (CD) got released Aaron Carter was 8 years old, same applies to the Girl by the way ( --> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Carter_(album) ).

Anyway: I won't let somebody who has obviously never heard of Basic human cababilites such as Sublimation and reflection lecture myself about what is (morally) wrong. I've asked you politely to stop with this very presumptuous behavior.

We, as human-beings can play Games, watch movies, tv-series and read books (Game of Thrones, Grand Theft Auto, even Cartoons etc.) where really bad Things happen without doing harm to others. Stop acting as if it was a bad Thing just because an insignificant minority can't handle Content like that. Not implying that having the Option to have crushes between children is a bad Thing, though.

Post edited by HalloMolli on
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @HalloMolli I remember that song quite well from about 20 years ago.

Not that I had the album on cassette tape or anything... :no_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

Not that I had the album on cassette tape or anything... :no_mouth:

We all did, King... . All of us.

51201ec176416783700f8369dcbe5245.png

• Options
    edited August 2017

HalloMolli said
    When the Single (CD) got released Aaron Carter was 8 years old, same applies to the Girl by the way ( --> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Carter_(album) ). And they don't kiss because their "romance" is just about to happen. It gets serious when it's already too late. That's the tragic of the song. It has a message: Don't hesitate!

Anyway: I won't let somebody who has obviously never heard of Basic human cababilites such as Sublimation and reflection lecture myself about what is (morally) wrong. I've asked you politely to stop with this very presumptuous behavior.

We, as human-beings can play Games, watch movies, tv-series and read books (Game of Thrones, Grand Theft Auto, even Cartoons etc.) where really bad Things happen without doing harm to others. Stop acting as if it was a bad Thing just because an insignificant minority can't handle Content like that.

@HalloMolli
    Sublimate: means to express a desire or feeling by changing it into a form that is socially acceptable — So put it in a sims game, and that makes it socially acceptable? because that is what you're saying by using that word.
    I thought it was a cute video, but its kids with kids.
    And that;s what a child crush should always be and stay, a child with a child,
    We should never cross the line and think it's right for an adult to play as a child romantic with a child, and omg
    8 years old yes like our grad school kids in the game.
    We were 8 and I am sure most of us had a crush. but as adult lets leave the kids to be kids and not want to play acting a child to be with a child in a way that's not socially acceptable. or morally.for most.
    Now do not get me wrong. I do not think it's your intent to do anything wrong on your game. because you most likely have good morals
    but why put it there for some who want to play this type role and may end up harming a child because that child looks like his sims crush, who is a child. If you do not understand the implication of what I am saying I am sorry, and I will not comment further because it may only upset you more.
    happy simming to you <3:)
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    edited August 2017

For a start, child romance would only be with other children. It wouldn't be sexual, it would be expressed in the way most children do, play-acting, hand holding, cheek-kisses (and passive aggressive drama.) There would be nothing nefarious about it, just real things real kids do.
    We were 8 and I am sure most of us had a crush. but as adult lets leave the kids to be kids and not want to play acting a child to be with a child in a way that's not socially acceptable. or morally.for most.
    if you'd feel comfortable playing it out in a game there must be something wrong with you honestly.

It seems you're insinuating that because we want our child sims to have crushes, that actually we're just interested in children and want to live through our sim to romance them. There are so many ways to play this game, I'd say only a small majority simply play a sim to live through them, and not, in fact, as a character. It is realistic, it adds storytelling potential, and sometimes players just have two child sims who they imagine have a crush on each other, not that they're secretly just interested in the child. I'm a straight woman, and for the most part I play male sims who fall for women, by this logic, I must be a closet lesbian.

There are countless movies and books written by adults which depict childhood romances, they did not want to project themselves into the body of a child to imagine being with other children, it was storytelling.
    some who want to play this type role and may end up harming a child because that child looks like his sims crush, who is a child.

If someone were to do this then they have something seriously wrong with them and always have. The game does not make someone harm a child, just like it doesn't make me poison people with undercooked nigiri.
  • Options
    edited August 2017

HalloMolli said
    When the Single (CD) got released Aaron Carter was 8 years old, same applies to the Girl by the way ( --> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Carter_(album) ). And they don't kiss because their "romance" is just about to happen. It gets serious when it's already too late. That's the tragic of the song. It has a message: Don't hesitate!

We, as human-beings can play Games, watch movies, tv-series and read books (Game of Thrones, Grand Theft Auto, even Cartoons etc.) where really bad Things happen without doing harm to others. Stop acting as if it was a bad Thing just because an insignificant minority can't handle Content like that.

@HalloMolli
    Sublimate: means to express a desire or feeling by changing it into a form that is socially acceptable — So put it in a sims game, and that makes it socially acceptable? because that is what you're saying by using that word.
    I thought it was a cute video, but its kids with kids.
    We should never cross the line and think it's right for an adult to play as a child romantic with a child, and omg
    8 years old yes like our grad school kids in the game.
    Now do not get me wrong. I do not think it's your intent to do anything wrong on your game. because you most likely have good morals
    but why put it there for some who want to play this type role and may end up harming a child because that child looks like his sims crush, who is a child. If you do not understand the implication of what I am saying I am sorry, and I will not comment further because it may only upset you more.
    happy simming to you <3:)

By this logic we should only allow human-beings to consume media with child-friendly Content since literally everything has an effect on your Psyche that you get in touch with in your environment, as far as we know. Like I said before: only because an insignificant minority can't handle the Content it does NOT mean that it has to be banned/censored/avoided. This is what I call paternalism of adults. It's logic for kindergarten children. Only because I murder People in Videogames I don't want to do the same in real-life (remember: Sublimation). It's all about playing a "role" after all. It happens in fiction, not in reality.

By the way: It has been proven that bad things still happen even (or especially) if you forbid to make them subject of (consumable) art. So your way of handling Things don't help victims, it makes Things worse ( --> creating taboos).

We are talking about a harmless kiss on a cheek here. I am sure it wouldn't even affect the Rating of the game. This whole discussion is ridiculous anyway. It reminds me how I once talked to somebody who likes the idea of islamic morals enforcers (Iran). He used the same logic you do to defend his standpoint (I mean, sure, if every woman wears a potato sack then assaults would stop immediately, so far the theory goes, there is no Sublimation needed. Think about it, though. Is this a good way to handle Things? Just cover them? Hide them? Just for the cause of "Moral" ?).

Edit: Well, my bad. I think you are just a very Young Person and I made the mistake to adress you as an adult. Let's Forget about it.
    Post edited by HalloMolli on

• Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    edited August 2017
    No one here suggest that y'all have bad intentions towards children irl. It's the fact that you're an adult and you're already forcing romantic behavior on elementary school children. I can't wrap my head around the fact some of you can't see that this thing, regardless of your approach to little kids in real life, is inherently problematic and gross. As I've said I'm perfectly aware children do get crushes. But you're an adult and you have absolutely no reason to simulate that in a game. This franchise has been around for the past 17 years, you think why devs never included that? And yay @Bear31 for normalizing "pulling hair" and kids being mean to each other because "they don't know how to express their feelings"! You really would like to be able to do that in a game? I don't know if you have children but if you do, I just hope you know better than to encourage that behavior because you find it "cute" in some disturbing way I don't understand. Children should never be encouraged to be violent towards anyone and you shouldn't excuse that with them just being "kids" or having a crush. When my brother was 10 and had a crush on his classmate,pulled her hair and beat her every day to get her attention, my dad took care of that immediately and taught him you just CAN'T do that. Never. And he understood, because children are not stupid. Y'all act like this is so "innocent an cute" but this is literally how little boys are being taught from a young age that they don't have to respect women.

I don't care if kids get crushes. If you're an adult and you demand that an elementary school child in your game is allowed to have romantic interactions with anyone, no matter how innocent, I have no words. Even the sims people understand that a crush that a kid doesn't even understand and recognize yet is not a significant enough part of their life for them to include in a game played mainly by adults because the sole idea of that is disturbing.
  • Options
    No one here suggest that y'all have bad intentions towards children irl. It's the fact that you're an adult and you're already forcing romantic behavior on elementary school children. I can't wrap my head around the fact some of you can't see that this thing, regardless of your approach to little kids in real life, is inherently problematic and gross. As I've said I'm perfectly aware children do get crushes. But you're an adult and you have absolutely no reason to simulate that in a game. This franchise has been around for the past 17 years, you think why devs never included that? And yay @Bear31 for normalizing "pulling hair" and kids being mean to each other because "they don't know how to express their feelings"! You really would like to be able to do that in a game? I don't know if you have children but if you do, I just hope you know better than to encourage that behavior because you find it "cute" in some disturbing way I don't understand. Children should never be encouraged to be violent towards anyone and you shouldn't excuse that with them just being "kids" or having a crush. When my brother was 10 and had a crush on his classmate,pulled her hair and beat her every day to get her attention, my dad took care of that immediately and taught him you just CAN'T do that. Never. And he understood, because children are not plum. Y'all act like this is so "innocent an cute" but this is literally how little boys are being taught from a young age that they don't have to respect women.

I don't care if kids get crushes. If you're an adult and you demand that an elementary school child in your game is allowed to have romantic interactions with anyone, no matter how innocent, I have no words. Even the sims people understand that a crush that a kid doesn't even understand and recognize yet is not a significant enough part of their life for them to include in a game played mainly by adults because the sole idea of that is disturbing.

And I can tell you there is nothing "gross" about it to role-play a child who has a crush on another child. There is nothing wrong with it to kill virtual people either. Why? Because we, as human-beings can sublimate AND reflect on our thoughts.

• Options
    No one here suggest that y'all have bad intentions towards children irl. It's the fact that you're an adult and you're already forcing romantic behavior on elementary school children. I can't wrap my head around the fact some of you can't see that this thing, regardless of your approach to little kids in real life, is inherently problematic and gross. As I've said I'm perfectly aware children do get crushes. But you're an adult and you have absolutely no reason to simulate that in a game. This franchise has been around for the past 17 years, you think why devs never included that? And yay @Bear31 for normalizing "pulling hair" and kids being mean to each other because "they don't know how to express their feelings"! You really would like to be able to do that in a game? I don't know if you have children but if you do, I just hope you know better than to encourage that behavior because you find it "cute" in some disturbing way I don't understand.Children should never be encouraged to be violent towards anyone and you shouldn't excuse that with them just being "kids" or having a crush. When my brother was 10 and had a crush on his classmate,pulled her hair and beat her every day to get her attention, my dad took care of that immediately and taught him you just CAN'T do that. Never. And he understood, because children are not plum. Y'all act like this is so "innocent an cute" but this is literally how little boys are being taught from a young age that they don't have to respect women.

First off, there is no need to be so nasty. I don't encourage bad behavior. I'm saying it would be cute IN GAME. It's JUST A GAME and kids DO get crushes and there ARE ways in which they could implement crushes to everyone's preferences.

Secondly, maybe we shouldn't have a "crush bar", but I'd really like it if sim kids could express a like for another kid. Maybe even just them stating how they really like (name of kid). Therefore no one is forcing anything on anyone. It could be a kid version of the attraction system they had in place before.

Third, no one is ever "demanding" anything. The people here are just simply stating that irl, kids do have feelings for other kids.....it's a harmless, puppy love-ish, kind of crush. And it should be in game if it is indeed a life simulator game.

• Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited August 2017
    No one here suggest that y'all have bad intentions towards children irl. It's the fact that you're an adult and you're already forcing romantic behavior on elementary school children. I can't wrap my head around the fact some of you can't see that this thing, regardless of your approach to little kids in real life, is inherently problematic and gross. As I've said I'm perfectly aware children do get crushes. But you're an adult and you have absolutely no reason to simulate that in a game. This franchise has been around for the past 17 years, you think why devs never included that? And yay @Bear31 for normalizing "pulling hair" and kids being mean to each other because "they don't know how to express their feelings"! You really would like to be able to do that in a game? I don't know if you have children but if you do, I just hope you know better than to encourage that behavior because you find it "cute" in some disturbing way I don't understand. Children should never be encouraged to be violent towards anyone and you shouldn't excuse that with them just being "kids" or having a crush. When my brother was 10 and had a crush on his classmate,pulled her hair and beat her every day to get her attention, my dad took care of that immediately and taught him you just CAN'T do that. Never. And he understood, because children are not plum. Y'all act like this is so "innocent an cute" but this is literally how little boys are being taught from a young age that they don't have to respect women.

Please. What's disturbing is that some people don't understand the difference between real life and a game. You're taking this way too seriously. Currently in game, an adult sim can not only yell at a child but also physically fight them. Toddlers can bite. A little boy sim can beat up a little girl. That's why we have the Parenthood pack so we can discipline them if we so choose, the same way your brother was disciplined.

Also, having a crush does NOT equal having 'romantic interactions' so there is nothing disturbing about that in the least. Just because this feature has 'yet' to be added, doesn't mean that EA won't in the future, so please don't imply that you know what they're thinking.

I'll never agree with anyone who's determined to keep this game so rosy and conflict-free that nothing bad ever happens. That's. boring.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member

All that you stated is called Puppy Love but with pushing and pulling hair oh yeah my mom stopped me big time when I thought a guy was cute and I'd hit him every day but no more. Thinking that it's cute no it's not because the other kid probably do not like you hitting them or the other person. Kids romance with kids it might happen IRL to some kids most likely without parents knowing or wouldnt care but putting that into the game? No that's boader line.
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    @Bear31 Do not confuse a strongly worded response with being "nasty". Me asking you if you have children (because I know most of this forum's users are mature adults) was not an insult/attack. The only nasty people on here are adults who cannot leave young children to be children. You're the one who suggested crush driven "hair pulling" as an endearing, innocent interaction for children that'll allow them to form a romance/crush bar in the first place. I did not insult you before and I am not insulting you now. Your actions speak for themselves.

@IceyJ ?? How is children not being able to simulate romance adding to TS4 being idyllic and conflict free? What are you even talking about, honestly?

I only came back here because I've been tagged, I never meant to partake in a discussion because i don't think there is anything to debate here, I expressed my opinion so I'm gonna go, please do not tag me. Feel free to go back to asking for things that will never have a place in The Sims because everybody (except few individuals apparently) realizes that they're inappropriate and borderline gross.

And I will never feel sorry for not being civil with people who ridicule me for my need to protect young children and yell "it's just a game" at me. If it's just a game to you, why are you here in the first place. You're clearly very into this game if you've posted a few thousand times on a forum dedicated to it.
  • Options
    Briana2425 wrote: »

All that you stated is called Puppy Love but with pushing and pulling hair oh yeah my mom stopped me big time when I thought a guy was cute and I'd hit him every day but no more. Thinking that it's cute no it's not because the other kid probably do not like you hitting them or the other person. Kids romance with kids it might happen IRL to some kids most likely without parents knowing or wouldnt care but putting that into the game? No that's boader line.

But why is it borderline?! You already can have two kids fighting and it's the same interactions as the young adults to elders. There's no difference! Fighting is fighting no matter how you slice it. And would you say the same if the parents could discipline them for it and teach not to fight, would your answer change? My guess is yes because you are still teaching your young sims that it's not ok and having a talk of the acceptable ways of showing that you like someone.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top