Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Child romances

Comments

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Some of these comments are weird lol so when you were 7 you'd never had an infantile crush on anyone?! I find that hard to believe xD the OP is not suggesting adding a messing around option or to have adult-like romantic interactions, but rather the sweet little kisses on the cheek little kids give. My nephew's 2 years old and when he sees other little 2 year old girls he loves giving them a kiss and a hug, it's super adorable and there's really nothing creepy about it. Now, I wouldn't add this for toddlers though but for the kids?? I really don't get why that would be such an odd thing for them to do ^^
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Some of these comments are weird lol so when you were 7 you'd never had an infantile crush on anyone?! I find that hard to believe xD the OP is not suggesting adding a messing around option or to have adult-like romantic interactions, but rather the sweet little kisses on the cheek little kids give. My nephew's 2 years old and when he sees other little 2 year old girls he loves giving them a kiss and a hug, it's super adorable and there's really nothing creepy about it. Now, I wouldn't add this for toddlers though but for the kids?? I really don't get why that would be such an odd thing for them to do ^^

People only ever read the title.

Take any news article posted on Facebook and read the comments sometime. Same thing.
    wJbomAo.png
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,570 Member
    I actually like this idea. Sometimes kids like to be mini adults, some obviously want to be cootie clear, but others could play kiss chase. You're probably thinking about child woohoo or child make out. Especially nowadays kids pretend that they're boyfriend and girlfriend, innocently of course. Think play pretend. When I was in first grade I and my friends would play kiss chase, play weddings, etc. It didn't mean we made out.

For kids:
    Tsundere mock (mock a sim, even though you like them)
    Pretend wedding
    Kiss chase (obviously just a peck, kids do this sometimes)
    Prince and Princess
    Play mom and dad
    Hold hands
    Banish cooties
    Share lunch

Pre teens (if added):
    Reveal crush
    Awkward hug
    Awkward kiss
    Arm around shoulder
    Hold hands
    Gaze at
    Gush about crush (to a close friend)
    Fake fall over (to get crushes attention)
    Ask to dance

Love your ideas!
    hotkaki wrote: »
    But kids are at that stage where they're like- "ew girls\boys" i dont see them having romances that young. Actually an "ew" interraction could maybe work.

An "ew" reaction when they see their parents kiss! I remember being grossed out when my parents kissed as a kid XD

That´s already in the game. It´s an autonomous reaction. See here:
    45.jpg

Sims do react diffently to seeing romance interactions.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »

People only ever read the title.

Take any news article posted on Facebook and read the comments sometime. Same thing.

That might be it lol but if anyone's that put off by the idea, reading the whole thing may help to alleviate their feelings of revulsion xD
  • AmyDamesAmyDames Posts: 353 Member
    hotkaki wrote: »
    But kids are at that stage where they're like- "ew girls\boys" i dont see them having romances that young. Actually an "ew" interraction could maybe work.

An "ew" reaction when they see their parents kiss! I remember being grossed out when my parents kissed as a kid XD

They do that already :)
  • PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    edited January 2017
    I don't really play the child life stage, but some suggestions for those who do:

- literal play dates, like, the kids that have crush on one another can play dollies with each other but they play as if the dollies are in love, hearts and that coming off the dolls and the kids smiling and giggling and blushing now and then. they could pretend the dolls get married or whatever, and give the *occasional* peck on the cheek and hold hands sometimes. nothing too graphic.

- be able to get a notification from school sometimes like so and so has given you either a gift or passed you a note. it would be available in the inventory, if it's a note it would be a bit of writing with some hearts around and maybe a few stick figures in love decorating it. and for gift, either a drawing of just some stick figures in love with hearts and that by itself or stuff like some flowers picked from the playground, a daisy chain necklace or a random plush toy or just a random toy. Idk.

- shy kiss. but always on the cheek, as opposed to mouth, since they're lil kids.

- play grown ups. they can put on mum and dads clothes (not literally, just heels and terrible lipstick with pearl necklaces, top hats and suits that are way too baggy and don't fit).. and then they can pretend to be married. ok so reading the thread I see this option already suggested but still relevant. c;

- spread rumour that so and so has a crush on/ is going out with so and so, since this alwaaays seemed to happen at primary school (and continues to happen now, for some reason...) I suppose it could be under mean interaction? And it could either give an embarrassed moodlet to the people who the rumours are spread about bc they actually like them, or a tense moodlet like ahh no, I don't like like them!

- high tea parties that can double as kinda like kiddy dates if you wish. could mesh in with the literal play dates.

- probably more of a teen thing but carve names into tree (in a love heart), I've seen people I know do the same when we were about 7 so... Just make sure they carve it with safety scissors or sticks though. :D

- having a diary, bc this is suggested a lot so why not? and siblings could be able to find it and be like ooh you have a crush on ___ , causing them to get an anger or embarrassed moodlet. i.e angry (I don't like them!) or embarrassed (okay, maybe I like like them a little..).

- other interactions: give gift of ___, read love poem (it would be a terrible poem but it would be cute I guess?), watch sunset/rise together (holding hands - could be for any age group tbh from child up), I'm too lazy to come up with more so??

edit: ok not true, one more idea:
    if we ever got a sandpit or smth kids could carve various love messages into the sand with it or arrange shells or rocks in a way that would form love-y like drawings (hearts and that.) or they could just carve into dirt or whatever.
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    no i clearly do not went to see this in the sims4 and should not be in the sims4 so i disagree with this idea
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @friendlysimmers Why are you always so rude? Everywhere I've seen you you've been rude and unsupportive!
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    edited January 2017
    No, not necessarily all that woohoo stuff, but maybe just a 'kiss cheek' or 'you look pretty' interaction.

Maybe not a good idea....

Maxis add/allow romance for children --> MCCC WooHoo and Wicked Wims will do the rest
  • thesimspiethesimspie Posts: 64 Member
    edited January 2017
    Kiss chase (obviously just a peck, kids do this sometimes)

OMG, so many embarrassing memories have just resurfaced.

In any case, I like this idea, but the idea of a romance bar for the children life stage doesn't appeal to me, though if they add pre-teens it would seem a bit more appropriate for them.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are," -Teddy Roosevelt

I'm reading the Infernal Devices. I haven't ever read the Mortal Instruments. I hope that's alright... ;)
  • CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »
    No, not necessarily all that woohoo stuff, but maybe just a 'kiss cheek' or 'you look pretty' interaction.

Maxis add/allow romance for children --> MCCC WooHoo and Wicked Wims will do the rest

If child / pre-teen romance is coded as romance (the same as adults and teens), yes, that would cause problems. I suppose the solution could be to code child romance apart, as a unique kind of relationship that is different from both teen / adult romance and friendship. It would have its own relationship bar too. This would make it much more difficult to integrate to create mods with illegal content. Even more with animations that are unique to children / pre-teens and that can't be exported to older life stages without being at least very buggy and quite ugly to watch.
  • BlueberrySodaBlueberrySoda Posts: 1 New Member
    Let's save this for pre-teens, okay? XD
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,749 Member
    when do pre-teens pretend to play "Wedding" or "house"? they don't..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

No their to busy fan girly over Justin Bieber, One Direction and any other new hot pop artist
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    MadameLee wrote: »

No their to busy fan girly over Justin Bieber, One Direction and any other new hot pop artist

Yeah, as opposed to the good old days where they were fawning over The Beatles, David Cassidy and Davy Jones.
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Ehhh....I feel like this'd be kinda creepy.
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Candyd wrote: »

If child / pre-teen romance is coded as romance (the same as adults and teens), yes, that would cause problems. I suppose the solution could be to code child romance apart, as a unique kind of relationship that is different from both teen / adult romance and friendship. It would have its own relationship bar too. This would make it much more difficult to integrate to create mods with illegal content. Even more with animations that are unique to children / pre-teens and that can't be exported to older life stages without being at least very buggy and quite ugly to watch.

Maybe a "Crush" meter instead of a Romance one?
    Or maybe they keep it as just a Friendship meter, but include new relationship types, like "Crush", "Mutual Crush" or "Cootie Carrier".
    wJbomAo.png
  • CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    Candyd wrote: »

Maybe a "Crush" meter instead of a Romance one?
    Or maybe they keep it as just a Friendship meter, but include new relationship types, like "Crush", "Mutual Crush" or "Cootie Carrier".

Yes, something like this !
  • jellybEAnsim123jellybEAnsim123 Posts: 21 Member
    I've always wanted this to happen :smile: Maybe someone can start a petition? If anyone does, sign me right up!
  • LollyLovesLollyLoves Posts: 1 New Member
    hi i found a site to download it on :D http://spring4sims.com/2009/12/crushes-between-kids-innocent-kissing-mod/
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited July 2017
    Deleted because my comment kept getting cut off at the end so it wouldn't display the whole thing
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    I like this idea for a preteen.. crushes and stuff would be cute. All the gossip stuff about school sounds awesome
  • AKLSimmerAKLSimmer Posts: 78 Member
    > @dreamprisoner said:
    > If ever we got Pre-teens, I would love them to come with a romance bar (if not, then I’d settle for kids). It would be different from the Adult romance, with new labels such as ‘Passing Phase’ – for low romance, ‘Crushing’ for middle and ‘They’re the one… I think’ for full, if it was applied to children, one of these stages could be 'Puppy love'; the romance bar would be halved on reaching teen/adulthood, since for the most part that’s when we learn the different between love and infatuation.
    >
    > It would be a great way to introduce one-sided relationships, romance could be increased independently by ‘Researching Sim’ (Facebook stalking them, basically) and ‘Gossip about Crush’ -> Because I know when I was in school I would talk about my crush with a friend, it would always elevate my perspective of them, even though the reality was something different. As well as the return of ‘Check out Sim’, to admire them from afar.
    >
    > There should be some new romantic interactions (that could also be available for adults with the childish trait) such as: ‘Write/Give love letter’ and an awkward hand-holding scene etc. If applied to children, they could play 'pretend weddings' and/or 'talk about weddings' -> I remember doing both of these, demanding my crush at the time 'Marry me, have four kids and live in a magical, sparkly, pink castle!', poor guy.
    >
    > As for moodlets, after getting a boyfriend: ‘Talk of the school’, a tense moodlet as they feel their classmates are gossiping about their relationship and ‘Power couple’, where everyone at school admires them together. If their crush gets a boy/girlfriend, there would be a ‘Too late’ moodlet and an immediate negative relationship with whoever their crush is dating.
    >
    > There could be a new trait (Or in fact, the unflirty trait applied to pre-teen/children), where a sim is just not interested in romance. I was a rather boy-crazy child but I have plenty of friends who, even now at 18, have little interest in boys/girls and it was certainly that way when I was younger. The trait wouldn't make a romance impossible, just much harder to achieve, they could also get happy moodlets from being single 'Looking out for Number 1', and uncomfortable moodlets from being in a relationship, such as 'What now?' when they are unsure of how to act around their boyfriend. Some new interactions might be nice as well, like 'Convince that .... has cooties', it might also be much easier for them to reject romantic actions such as hand holding.
    >
    > Celeb crushes could be a thing, by admiring posters of idols (much like the shirt with the boy-idol on it from ‘Kids stuff pack’). In the same way that children can build relationships with teddy bears, pre-teens could have celeb crushes. Of course if an actual fame/celebrity GP came out, this could be applied to that as well, for pre-teen stars.
    >
    > Naturally there wouldn't be any heavy stuff for kids/pre-teens and they certainly wouldn't be 'messing around' in any closets, but they definitely should have some sort of romance.

Great idea! This makes the game much more realistic.

I am the kind of person who rarely have any crushes on boys, and get a positive moodlet from being single. I don't know if I will feel uncomfortable in a relationship though, and I am pretty sure it wasn't the same as the unflirty trait. I don't think this kind of feeling would persist through my adulthood.

Maybe we can have some child/teen exclusive gameplay traits that deals with how they feel about love/romance as a child/teen. These traits would be removed when they grow up, but maybe they will have the chance to get some gameplay traits based on their experiences in romantic relationships, just like in Parenthood. It could include more flavors, which will make every child/teen unique. For example:
    - A trait for boy-crazy/girl-crazy sims.
    - A trait for those who doesn't have crushes very often, but once they fall in love, they believe that person is the one.
    - A trait for those who would like to be in a relationship, but are too picky so they rarely fall for anyone. They will get a positive moodlet from being single and even more positive moodlet from being in a relationship, although it would be harder for them to be in one. (I think I fall into this category)
    - A trait for those who just isn't interested in romances at this age, who would almost reject any romance interaction.
    - A trait for those who just want to have fun, but are not willing to have anything serious. It's kind of similar to the noncommital trait, but they are not necessarily noncommital when they grow up.
    - A trait for those who tends to have crushes but are too shy to tell their crush about it.

I really want a dating/romance game pack to have all these plus more ways for the adults to find their life partner, maybe online dating (teens could also fake their profile to ask adults out lol).

One thing that I am disappointed with parenthood is that it makes every teen to have these rebellious facial expressions when they have nothing else to do. Although people might argue that teens are finally different from young adults, I am disappointed with how the team simply creates stereotypes instead of making more unique sims. Not every teen are rebellious, some are very rebellious, some are less so, some are totally obedient, and some are more mature than the others. I really think it would be better if it becomes some temporary traits that we can pick as well as randomize. That way we can personalize our kids and teens more and they can have some personality.

I also love the idea of one-sided relationship, but I think it would be very hard to integrate into the sims.
  • Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    I think cooties would be funny

^This! Kids should look ill to each other when you play as them, like how they see the voidcritter machine stuff and the monster under the bed, lol.

Or whenever around them, kids give them a LOT of space....they'd get a "teased" moodlet and try to brush the cooties off.

I personally like this idea. Although, if it hasn't been said before, I would like the kids to have interactions to do stuff like "pull hair" and other stuff to show the one they are crushing on that they like them.

Also, I'd like a "write love note" option and to get those chance cards that say "(sims name) got a note--they don't feel the way this person does about them. What should be done? A. Let them down gently B. Just tell them point blank how you feel". One would raise empathy but lower emotional control (or conflict resolution? Who knows) and the other would raise responsibility but lower empathy.....or something.
  • Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    no i clearly do not went to see this in the sims4 and should not be in the sims4 so i disagree with this idea

No offense or anything, but you had already declared that you don't care for this idea once. I'd like to hear what you'd like instead if this is not your particular cup of tea as so to speak. If you don't have anything else to add instead of this idea that is along the same lines as the subject matter of this thread other than "I totally disagree", I respectfully say that we all heard you the first time and to please allow these simmers to elaborate on the ideas presented. Thank you! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top