Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 not working with El Captain update.

I was playing it 2 days before I updated my computer, now it says it can't read the disc. I'm using a expansion pack I downloaded. It loads up the launcher then you can click and it loads up to the get to

Comments

• BlazinLeonBlazinLeon Posts: 4 New Member
    It'll start up and get the game loaded until you get to the screen where you choose which town you want to go to then it says it can't find the disc please insert it. It just started when I updated the computer. Sorry accidentally pressed post.
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    First of all give us more information about your Mac. Secondly, do you actually play from the disk or are you using the digital downloads from Origin?
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited September 2016
    Disc authentication is broken on El Capitan, that has been widely documented on this forum board and the advice has always been to uninstall and switch everything over to Origin. But something else may in play here.

"I'm using a expansion pack I downloaded." Downloaded from where?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    Im using discs that I bought all previously used so the codes don't work on origin. What kind of information do you need of it? Thank you guys for your help by the way! Greatly appreciated.
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    You can contact EA customer support by phone (I recommend phone as it is easier than waiting for a chat person). Usually, they will ask you to prove you have purchased a disk copy so you will need to probably take pictures of the disks and their case and email it to the Customer Rep. They will then give you "new" codes which should allow you to then register your games on Origin.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
    Oh okay. Thank you so much, I really appreciate it!!