Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Protest Sims 4

ashleymw981ashleymw981 Posts: 100 Member
edited September 2016 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I was hoping for something great , I hope that the developers finally woke up and listen to their fans on this expansion pack coming out in November. I may be overacting but from the looks of it I don't see anything many of the fans want. Yes some wanted City Live but Sims developers truly took out the what made Sims important . I mean I miss having my family having food fights, getting sun burn, putting my teen on punishment, having a firefighter career ( but they gave us political career oh wow ) , washing my baby in the tube I can keep going but this siMS serious is nothing but robotic . What are they truly focusing on and who are they truly listening to . They keep saying they hear us but the only thing they hear are coins dropping in their pockets. Can someone please explain what is or why is it so hard for them to add these features. I think I WOULD not even be this frustrated if we get a real explanation or at least one feature added to the game that we have been asking for over 2 years now . IN the next expansion pack we have a talking toilet . A TALKING TOILET . Raise you hands ;since the Developers are truly listening to us; ask for a talking toilet. I am sure that I am going to get heat from those fans that get excited or justify every game Sims make. However , I do not care at this point . You even have websites that have lost interest in the Sims 4 and signing off . I mean yes they hear us to shut us up. I guess the fans that are feed up the developer think we are stupid . I read where they make a laundry room stuff pack Do ya hear me Laundry Room Stuff pack. An some of the Sim fans are like that will be so cool. Noooooooo it would not it should of been in the game in the first place. Can we or should we come together those who are serious and stop buying the came .I don't know sign a petition . Tired of being bamboozled . Let's start banning the games and we should start with one in November since they are so called care about their fans. P.S why is there a feed back or idea section for this community ? When they never truly use our ideas.

Let me get this straight , I truly did not mean ban but protest yes . An stand by my statement how I feel . If you don't like the title don't read the blog. That is all , I wrote to find out if other sims have comment interest. I think to many times EA/Sims 4 developers tend to lean towards positive comments like they are doing a great job for all their fan base and they are not.
Post edited by ashleymw981 on

Comments

• ashleymw981ashleymw981 Posts: 100 Member
    @MissCheri lol the developer are basing the game off their everyday life or experiences . They are like hey lets throw a talking toilet to make it seem like it we are being innovative .
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    I will purchase whatever Maxis releases, as I am a Maxis fanboy. o:)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    siennaSTAR wrote: »
    I will purchase whatever Maxis releases, as I am a Maxis fanboy. o:)

Me too! Without shame. :wink:

And for the record, I think the talking toilet is hilarious. Reminds me of that old Sims foolishness that has felt a little lacking for many people.

I agree I have Sims that never leave the house and need to socialize so now they can talk to the toilet. I am a Sims 4 fan and although I get annoyed I love this game more than 2 & 3 combined.
  • chrissramionchrissramion Posts: 50 Member
    Lol.. No I will not protest. :smiley:
  • EgomouseEgomouse Posts: 69 Member
    edited September 2016
    MysticOne wrote: »
    Hey guys.... it's his/her opinion and comment. There's no reason at all to come here and start your usual fighting. If you don't like the read, move on to the next one you're interested in. She has the right to voice her opinion and it should be respected just as all your 'happy happy joy joy' comments are. There's hundreds of threads you can participate, let everyone have a voice here.

I happen to agree with her :)

Because there's a huge difference between negative opinions and trying to get other people to banning a game for everyone.
    "Let's start banning the games and we should start with [this] one in November"
    People can protest and people can counter-protest.
    This topic itself would of been fine if it didn't had that phrase "banning the game".
    [Although, when I think of protest, I sometimes think of rioting so that is also a bit concerning word to use.]
  • foussifoussi Posts: 642 Member
    I am not rude or anything but boycotting or doing a protest wont work and wobt affect EA money gain not so much.
    Another fact is that many people who never played a sim game buy sims 4 so its impossible.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    Jesus Christ.

You didn't see me complaining when the TS3 was released without a single amusing object description. Without any quirky NPC characters. When every EP was chock-full of celebrity lookalikes and townies without any thought put into them beyond "hey, look! It's the guy from Teen Wolf!", when the weirdness and charm that was ABUNDANT in the previous two games was completely absent.

I didn't even complain when people like you got alien abductions nerfed because it interfered with your hyper-realism.

It's a toilet. Don't like it? Don't use it.

I'm sorry that the game isn't as realistic as you want it to be, but I'm sick and tired of struggling to be heard amid the constant clamouring for the devs to focus solely on your playstyle, which is apparently the be-all and end-all.

I'm here for the weirder stories. Don't like it? Click the red x at the top of your screen.

When have The Sims games EVER been realistic? Death by flies? Cowplants that eat people? Servo nannies and Plumbots? Alien abduction and male pregnancy? Time travel (including random kids being spawned)? There have always been weird stuff in The Sims -- with the Sims 4, we can embrace the weirdness.

And talking toilets aren't that far out of the realm of possibility:
    https://youtu.be/0SRYFI3Nf-o

I could see an ultra-rich person putting one in his/her penthouse, or maybe use a couple in a futuristic-looking night club. It's only one item, it's not the entire pack.

I've already got plans for this pack involving a pair of my teen Sims aging up and moving to the city to seek their future. I'm not boycotting just because some people are upset with a talking toilet. :|
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    Me and many other simmers have been wishing for a City ep since the beginning. So, no, sorry, Generations is very low on my list anyway (right at the bottom). From what I've seen in the trailers and stream City Living looks awesome!

Yeah, and I like the toilet as well xD. It's a neat idea.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    They had some kind of toilet in sims3 that had a song play when it flushed. I never used it, so I doubt I'll use this talking toilet. But I am on these forums because I'm a fan of the game, and I'm going to keep buying stuff they release. :)
    Origin ID: Wyrren
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Interesting thread, OP :smile:

I am sorry that you are disapointed in the latest choice for an EP, not everyone enjoys the same things and there are a few things that I would rather see as well, although I did have to chuckle at the 'talking toilet' and I think that it would be better humour than 'pee like a champion' and I still have not seen a picture of it yet.

Some of the stuff that you mentioned comes from expansion packs so you might very well see it in your game over the next few years if you are lucky. If not you can always play it in the older games :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    edited September 2016
    MysticOne wrote: »
    let everyone have a voice here.

Yes, everyone indeed, but if you want to participate in a thread where the OP happens to be a critic of the game/ep/the direction (whatever) to 'voice your opinion' by stating disagreement for example you are out of luck, I guess?!

Every (!) statement (reaction) should be seen as an attempt to voice one's opinion.

"[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    @Rflong7
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I've been protesting the Lack of A Lot of Missing Stuff from TS4- So, if you don't see any cookies on the group table, it's cause I ate them. XD

Can't even have a decent Rant topic without all the "Don't Like it, Don't Buy it!" replies. Well, I don't-- I don't... I will when I wanna... and if they would have left TS2/3 sites up You'd All be rid of me. Oopsie. :lol:

So many tantrums to a topic that ya'll could have ignored in respect to a fellow Simmer's ... desire for a Not so Happy Topic. Guess I get to visit the Happy Topics with my not so happy Self. Lovely. :heart:
    i am starting to get weary of all those happy simmers who seem to have nothing better to do than going to every negative thread to tell the OP to plum off

just a little & i will be seen in every positive thread with my negativity :joy:

so
    HAPPY SIMMERS
    if your beloved TS4 is such a blast
    why don't you go playing it !!!
    that's what beloved games are for isn't it ?

@ashleymw981
    unfortunately, you are approximately two years too late
    & before you there were numerous unsuccessful tryouts to improve this game towards playability for all
    i understand your frustration, still, your protest will change nothing,
    you have to learn to cope with your grief, as many before you & probably many after you too :confounded:
    that's how it is with TS4 ...

I was gonna say what dekay said because you are ever so innocent with your not going to positive threads and doing the same.

BTW We have lives outside of our games and even though Sims 4 is the best thing I like to go on the forums too to discuss how spectacular Sims 4 is with a whole lot of others who agree with me.