Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Party but No Party

My YA elementary school teacher got an invitation to a party by his boss, the principal. When the time came, my sim got a text telling him the party would be starting soon, but he needed to wait for his wife to wash the dishes. Unfortunately, the sink broke, and he had to fix it and wait for his wife to finish mopping up the puddle.

Now they were ready to go. But there was no party icon over the principal's house, and in fact, the principal was not home, though his wife and one of his children were. My sims could have visited, but they could not attend the party. Yet a few hours later, while they were sleeping, the husband got a text from the principal telling him he was sorry he missed the party.

This isn't the first time this has happened, though it doesn't happen often. Most of the time I don't send my sims to parties they've been invited to, but I had decided this was a good time for his wife to meet some of his coworkers, as the boss' wife also works at the school. And it's a disappointing that when I actually planned to send my sims, the party glitched. I'm wondering if the fact that I had to quit my game about one sim hour before it was time to leave for the party, then resume it from there, might have been responsible for this happening.

Any ideas? Has anyone found a way to fix situations like this or make townies' parties work better overall?

Comments

• TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I see this happen all the time, especially at university. If I wait, sometimes the host will eventually return home and the party will start. I wonder if you use MC to give the party host the "Go Home" command just before the party started whether that would have worked. I don't know, haven't tried it and just thought of doing that now.
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    Happens all the time. You can't wait.

I don't usually send my sims to parties either but if I do, I try to send a sim to the house during the hour before it starts. If you want other sims in the household to go you can send them later. If you wait too long, the party icon will disappear over their house and the sims are sometimes pushed to leave their lot and go elsewhere.

I hate those dumb texts and phone calls though. I wish there was a way to get rid of those because they are very annoying and for some reason are given ridiculous priority in the queue.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I've noticed that when a sim is sent a text, instead of the phone call telling them it's time to go, and for what ever reason they don't go, the party marker on the map gets canceled, and even if you send your sim does go later, there won't be a party, and they will still get that message. What I do in this case is go ahead and accept for my sim to go to the party, but stop my sim from heading off. Then the first chance I get, I will then send them.
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Thanks guys. I'll try your suggestions next time my sims can't go together immediately.
  • baranoutabaranouta Posts: 64 Member
    Another thing I'd like to add is that a lot of times parties during the full moon will end up with an error thanks to the zombies. My Sim once went to go to a party but I ran into the same issue you did despite arriving early. Later I saw that the party's host was a zombie that night.
  • AllMadHereAllMadHere Posts: 55 Member
    How do you know where to go when you get invited to a party? Do you just have to know where the person lives and find it on the map manually? I haven't been able to go to someone else's part yet (new to game).
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    @AllMadHere - You'll get a call with the invitation (like an opportunity). Even if you decline, you will get a second message one in-game hour before the party is to begin, and that one will have a option button "Attend Party" that will send your Sim there on autopilot. If you decline to use that button (because you aren't ready to go yet, or whatever other reason) then yes - you have to scan the town map to find the house with the purple balloons icon over it, and travel to it as you ordinarily would.