Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your ideal Sims 4 expansion pack?

A thread like this probably already exists but it's been buried under so many drama threads, I doubt it could be recovered. Anyways, I brought this up because I know a lot of people, including myself, feel a little underwhelmed with the current expansion line up available in The Sims 4. Keep in mind this isn't "TS2/TS3 is better!!" thread, so I kindly ask you keep those comments elsewhere.

To start off, my honest ideal expansion is one similar to The Sims 2 Freetime, where hobbies were added, sims were rewarded for dedication towards to their main hobby, as well as a bit more depth to the game. I really liked the idea of my sims having those hobbies there, so I could imagine that with The Sims 4, that could very well be expanded upon with the current engine the game has. Sure, Freetime wasn't this huge expansion to the world, but it allowed for more world building and characterization towards your sims.

Comments

• Options
    Rural Living

In my entire life, I've never lived in a town of more than 3,000 people. I would love a EP where you can live in a farmhouse and do a bunch of self-sufficient activities. You could milk your own cows, catch your own fish to use with the new fish smoker appliance, raise chickens for eggs or meat, etc. They could even go the extra mile and give us crops and farming equipment. I feel like this would be a great counterbalance to the City Living ep.

image003.jpg
    old-norwegian-farm-house-oslo-norway-25675175.jpg
    I picture something like these homes, with little in the way of plumbing and electricity, just living off the land. I have a lot of memories of time spent at my family's cabin, which is basically a shack and an outhouse right next to a big lake. All we would do is hunt and fish and enjoy the outdoors with the nearest neighbor more than a mile away... good times.
  • Options
    KurotardKurotard Posts: 380 Member
    @Loudon_Wainwright Oooh that would be nice! Maybe then the residential lot sizes could increase (big green fields!) , as well as getting a new town to play. I would hope they'd reintroduce horses, but add in all the other farm animals. :)
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    I would probably think the rural living would be a nice expansion pack as it hasnt been done before in the series like a farming career alongside it.

Which probably explains why I love the riverview neighbourhood in the sims 3 as it has a country vibe to it.

I also love the town from one of the soaps from UK called Emmerdale as it gives a country feeling to it. It would be nice to see them bring that back into the sims series

_88760370_025962085.jpg
  • Options
    @Finbar659 A break from the city would be nice indeed. Maybe a town like Appaloosa Plains in The Sims 3?
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    A farm pack. Obviously Pets is first on the list because I always have my dog near me so i'd like my sim to have a best friend aswell. After that i'd love a farm life pack. Gardening and taking care of cows and chickens and horses and all. That would make me play 24/7 tbh.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    Blue Mountain State (TV series) meets University-Life:

- Sport-avtivities (not in a rabbit hole)
    - comptetitions against other universities (random townie generations helps with that)
    - Juice- and bonfire college parties
    - A fleshed out education system (--> non-rabbithole in class activities)
    etc.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    BraãoBraão Posts: 10 New Member
    I would absolutely LOVE a Superstar EP (TS1) "remake"
  • Options
    SummerjaseSummerjase Posts: 1,424 Member
    Something like Late Night from Sims 3 for Sims 4... I love celebrities! Or Generations. (I'm not trying to start drama, please don't roast me). I love Generations and how family-oriented is.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    Summerjase wrote: »
    Something like Late Night from Sims 3 for Sims 4... I love celebrities! Or Generations. (I'm not trying to start drama, please don't roast me). I love Generations and how family-oriented is.

I'm sorry but don't you feel like we have enough late-night themed stuff?
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Kurotard wrote: »
    @Loudon_Wainwright Oooh that would be nice! Maybe then the residential lot sizes could increase (big green fields!) , as well as getting a new town to play. I would hope they'd reintroduce horses, but add in all the other farm animals. :)

I wish they would stop giving us those ity bity lots 20x20, that kind of thing. It's too small for anything. I just put a bus stop there, it's too small to use.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    The Suburbs like the tv show Desperate Housewives because as you know they always had drama and I also liked the suburbs so yeah.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Besides a fully-fleshed Generations EP, either Freetime or Farm EP.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    Ugh yes, something like freetime would be great. It was my favorite expansion

I would really love a pack like freetime, but maybe with more activities and other neat stuff haha
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    Sanriel85Sanriel85 Posts: 362 Member
    Without the ea logo :p
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I want a generations expansion pack. Something that adds a ton of new gameplay/objects for families and every age group. With that said I would also love something that adds in different build styles like a mansion and garden stuff pack. I'm not sure what kind of expansion that would fit in, but that was one of my favorite stuff packs. Maybe it would be better as a game/stuff pack. Hmm, I like the idea of hobbies too. I really enjoyed it in the sims 2. :)
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    MinecraftdSimmerMinecraftdSimmer Posts: 561 Member
    Sims 4 Town Life

Changes current worlds as well as adds a new world

Make all worlds much larger, 90 lots each (Sims 3 had about 92)

More Sims, about 85 different Sims in EACH world

City Hall, Police Station, Hospital, Science Lab, Cinema, Bowling Alley, in EACH world

Option to turn off townie traveling, so Windenburg townies don't wander Willow Creek

New 3D Traveling Map

Cars, newspapers, police, curfew, etc.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Sims 4 Town Life

Changes current worlds as well as adds a new world

Make all worlds much larger, 90 lots each (Sims 3 had about 92)

More Sims, about 85 different Sims in EACH world

City Hall, Police Station, Hospital, Science Lab, Cinema, Bowling Alley, in EACH world

Option to turn off townie traveling, so Windenburg townies don't wander Willow Creek

New 3D Traveling Map

Cars, newspapers, police, curfew, etc.

That would be so much awesome. <3<3<3
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    listleslistles Posts: 1,167 Member
    edited September 2016
    GENERATIONS!!!
    I could come with toddlers, cars, loads of new CAS items, new wedding items and new kids items like imaginary friends, sleepover parties and lots more! I loved the sims 3 generations! Also one like Island paradise as that was another of my favs with the new world being an island with mermaids, sharks, fish, pet Dolphins, cruise holidays, living in boats, submarines, beach CAS, new interactions and new jobs like fishing career, sea conservationist, boat seller, holiday seller etc that would be awesome!
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    Wow. I'm glad this thread got quite a bit of replies. I agree though that we don't need another party oriented expansion, rather an expansion that focuses on the sims themselves and their families with a bit of a setting change.
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    The Sims: Middle Earth. Open world-style.

I want to live in a hole in the ground and meet a big guy who turns into a big hairy bear.