Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Watchers Writing: Reading Circle

Comments

• IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    @DeiraShadeweaver I did the preparing myself. It really wasn't too hard. I don't think I even have the save file from the beginning, I don't think I saved it. I could probably make a new one, if you'd like, I'm just not sure where to upload it so you can get it.
  • AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    @AkramA
    I just went and read the Martell Chapters and found that I miss Lily so much. I miss her voice and her self-confidence in my thoughts. I will try and go out of my way to continue her story... I miss the Watcher, too, though he's not an ingame character.

Talking about her voice, I'm pretty sure I made up her voice in my mind as she explained the Story. I'm glad you're interested in continuing her story.
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    edited March 2017
    Well, I did it! I gave into my desire to write another story. I'd been declining this new story for about a month, because I really do need to be able to devote creative and organizational energy to my work right now, but it got to the point where not writing the story was more distracting than writing it! So I feel so much better! Now I'm not pestered by these ideas and they've got a place!

I'd like this new story to be my new official story for this circle (until I bring Whisper back out of hiatus). It's called My Digital Life, and it'll be totally game-driven.

Here's the first post! The Blue-Green Density

And here's the Table of Contents

dlbnr.png
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • ThymelessThymeless Posts: 1,184 Member
    Well, the asylum challenge has begun! :D@WagonFruit Thank you for letting me have Holmes - I'll do my best not to let him start any fires =p
    This isn't my story for the group, but as I was lucky enough to be given sims, I wanted to let you know that they are now settled into the story :)
    Chapter 22 (First chapter with the asylum) - What Do We Do Now?
    amb-22-ss37.jpg?w=700
    signature-gen-3.jpg
    Sci-fi/Fantasy Lover | Taurus
    House: Hufflepuff/Pukwudgie
    The Centauri Legacy | Can You Hear the Violins? | Drifting with Nifflers
    Reading Circles: Reader's Nook
  • WagonFruitWagonFruit Posts: 2,489 Member
    @Thymeless
    Ooo, yay! I'll check that out for sure! :mrgreen:
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
    @Thymeless What an interesting start!

@CathyTea I really like the perspective you're telling the story from. Can't wait to read more!
    @IllusoryThrall Thank you! :) I'm glad you liked it!
    signature-gen-3.jpg
  • AllieMacAllieMac Posts: 925 Member
    Hi y'all! Like everything else. I'm way behind here as well. :) I've been scrubbing down practically every square inch of my kitchen. As y'all already know my daughter was recently diagnosed with Celiac Disease and we think she somehow ingested gluten some last week. My best guess is that there were some crumbs on the oven rack from a frozen pizza that my son had cooked just prior to her making a gluten free pizza for herself. Now that she's been gluten free for about a month, her body's reaction was more intense than it was pre diagnosis. So I've been cleaning like mad and tossing out anything that might have trace amounts on it, just in case.

So while I have read the past couple of pages of posts, I haven't been able to check out any stories, etc. I'm hoping to be able to start catching up again over the next couple of days.

@wagonfruit love the little quiz that you put up for everyone. I'll fill it out in the next couple of days. I've really enjoyed seeing everyone else's responses.

Ok time to post Dace's introduction. His poor pen pal has been waiting way tooo long and is bound to feel as if he were abandoned unless Dace & I get a letter written soon. :)

Have fun y'all!
    OriginID: txalikat2
    Drifter Challenge Blog: https://alliemacsims.wordpress.com/
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
    @AllieMac I'm so excited for Dace to take over! He's so interesting!

I've got a new chapter of my new story: My Digital Life: Fresh Outta CAS

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • DeiraShadeweaverDeiraShadeweaver Posts: 647 Member
    @AllieMac
    I don't have celiac disease, but I have quit grains completely 3 years ago. I changed my diet and am loosely following Primal Blueprint. Occassionally I have some piece of bread at work but rarely. I suffered from severe joint pains, headaches and acute clinical depression before, but after doing this, I gradually got better and now I'm in good health and functioning.
    Having a family member with diagnosed celiacs can be great a starting point to switch your household's diet to a better one.

@everyone else
    I have been itching to continue my Martell story, and today I have finally found out what's been holding me back. I started it as a legacy challenge, but when I got to second generation and started writing Lily's story, I didn't want it to move on, as legacy gameplay usually does. I wanted to explore the families that live in the world - some of them are really awesome - wanted to explore their relationships, their own stories. I wanted to follow the story, not make the story follow the legacy gameplay. But at the same time, I wanted to play through a legacy - that's where I started the Voronovs.
    And because I'm halfway through the Voronov legacy now, I have decided that the Martells don't have to be a legacy challenge. I will disregard all the rules (it's hard for me to do but I'm going to anyway). I will go for Aging Off when I feel like it, I will play different households, I will follow the story and see where it leads me.
    Making this decision has unclogged something in my mind and I've been listening to the Story Voice almost the entire time at work today.
    @DeiraShadeweaver That's a good idea for continuing your Martell story. Sometimes the "rules" need to change for the story to continue! Since I love Lily's story, I'm especially glad you'll be picking it up again!
    edited March 2017
    @DeiraShadeweaver That sounds like a great plan :) If you like the characters and the story, but don't think it fits the challenge anymore, then changing the rules (or throwing them out the window) is the best thing to do!

2.59 - Experiments (Mostly Successful)
    02-28-ss27.jpg?w=700
    In which we have fire, rain, and a variety of drinks.
    signature-gen-3.jpg
    Thymeless wrote: »
    That sounds like a great plan :) If you like the characters and the story, but don't think it fits the challenge anymore, then changing the rules (or throwing them out the window) is the best thing to do!

I'm at pretty much the same spot in another one of my stories. It's been "stuck" for years, but through all the computer fails and transfers over the years, I've been careful to keep it. So last night it occurred to me that if it's been so important to bring the story along with me, I ought to give it a real second chance. It won't work as a game-driven story.. but if I take it back to the drawing board, and make it story-driven, I can continue with it easily. It was originally a challenge story, but that would have to change, as well.. to more of a "challenge-inspired" story. Hopefully. At least, that's the plan. Just what I needed, another story telling me that it still wants to be told!
    Got a new chapter of My Digital Life: Early Days

@CathyTea Nice chapter, I particularly like the POV you're taking, explaining the unexplainable bits of the game workings in her world. Very cool.
    @CathyTea Nice chapter, I particularly like the POV you're taking, explaining the unexplainable bits of the game workings in her world. Very cool.

Thank you! I'm having fun with it. :)

New chapter: My Digital Life: Death's Tears

Hope you're all well and having a good week!

• AllieMacAllieMac Posts: 925 Member
    Hey y'all!

I just wanted to touch base it feels like I haven't been able to spend any time on the forums in ages. I really had a hard time starting off Dace's story. Every time I started to write for him I wanted to start with "Good morning, Jack..." and only heard Cassia. Finally after stepping away completely for a bit, I started to hear Dace. It feels so good to be writing again!

We're on Spring Break this week (probably like most Americans :)) and we're taking advantage of the free time by painting my daughter's room and I hope to at least get part of mine painted this week as well. Oh and we've been talking about planting a new wildflower bed in the backyard as well. So I'm probably going to need a break from my Spring Break. hehe. I am planning to devote tomorrow to my writing and playing Dace, so hopefully I'll be able to catch up on the forums and reading as well.

Time for me to get to work. Have fun!! Hopefully I'll be back later today. :)
    OriginID: txalikat2
    Drifter Challenge Blog: https://alliemacsims.wordpress.com/
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • supernatural103supernatural103 Posts: 433 Member
    Hi all! Unfortunately, I haven't been able to pop by here for a while. I've had some life issues to deal with. On top of school and work, I've had some health concerns with two of my finches. One of them ended up passing last week, which just broke my heart. I had her into the vet twice due to a leg infection, and I believe the stress of the vet visits killed her. :( Now another one (one of her babies) has a leg infection as well. She got a string/hair wrapped around her leg overnight, and it cut into her skin and cut off the circulation to her foot. Had to rush her to an emergency clinic, where they were able to cut the string off, and were then sent over to a different clinic that specializes in birds. We've been there twice now. She's on two oral meds, plus I have to soak her foot and put an ointment on it twice daily. Two of her toes are dead, but we're hoping the other two will be fine. She's been drinking, and has a good appetite, so I'm hopeful.

I have been catching up on everyone's stories! I haven't really been able to comment, but I've loved everyone's writing! You are all so fabulous and inspiring, and I'm so glad I get to be a part of such a wonderful circle!

I just posted an update on my Isaacs Sisters blog - Toddlers! - yes, I made everyone into toddlers. I couldn't resist!
    Also did a quick update on my Isaacs-Goths - Interlude: Orion's House and Roommates - I'm going to be changing things up for this story. I'll hopefully have the next chapter out soon, which will explain the changes.

Happy Simming, everyone!
    yaHATa3.png
    2.61 - The City of Dreams
    02-61-ss09.jpg?w=680
    In which plans are put into action.

I'm not going to be around til Sunday, so I wanted to drop this off now :) I hope everyone has a wonderful week!
    signature-gen-3.jpg
  • DeiraShadeweaverDeiraShadeweaver Posts: 647 Member
    My work is still super crazy so I don't have the nerve to write or play, but I'm reading all of your updates!
  • supernatural103supernatural103 Posts: 433 Member
    I was playing my game last night, and a vampire broke into my sim's apartment. He did that hypnotizing thing to my sim. This was my first time seeing this, and it made me laugh so much.
    03-15-17_12-13-09AM.png
    My sim got up, stood there for a minute while the vamp walked up to her, then turned and crawled back into bed.
    03-15-17_12-14-05AM.png
    "I don't have time for this plum."
    The vamp stood there for a while, just confused.
    XD

On another note, question for all you multi-story jugglers. How do you do it? :dizzy: Do you have a schedule for your stories, or do you just work on the story that you feel like working on?
    I'm thinking of posting some other stories I've been working on, but am not sure about working on multiple at once. I currently have 3 new stories I've been working on, along with 2 ideas that I haven't started yet.
    So, any advice for me?
    yaHATa3.png
    @supernatural103 - I try to switch back and forth between my stories, trying to make sure each one gets at least one post a week. Once they've all had their post of the week, then I work on whichever want I want to if I have more time. Since I'm currently working on my Apartment Switch challenge, I put most of them on hiatus until that's done, I just don't have time to do both stories and play-testing. I did keep a couple stories active, so I can use them as a break between play testing marathons. I figure mid-April, I'll be done with Switch and can get back to my other stories. As for the Travelers, I'm kind of stuck in a holding pattern while I wait on a pen pal to write Caleb.. hopefully soon!
    @supernatural103 I've been extra busy, so I didn't get a chance to share condolences on your finch. I'm so sorry to hear about that. How's the other one doing?

We've got a lot of wild finches that nest around our house, and that same thing has happened to some of them.

I love your vampire pics! So funny!

As for lots of stories, I do write a lot! Really a crazy nutty amount. At least I've managed to finish several stories over the last two and a half years; otherwise, I'd really have second thoughts about all the stories I've got going on.

Lately, I've been trying not to start new projects because I am in such a busy phase which will probably continue for another six months...

But when I end up feeling distracted because of not-starting a story, that's when I'll start it.

I try to rotate the game-play so that I've always got a few chapters screenshot for each story. Then I load up all the screenshots to WordPress, put them in drafts, and so when I get a chance to write, I'll just write whichever I currently feel like writing. Right now, I'm juggling three stories and this approach is working OK. It seems to work a bit better for two projects, though.

I usually like to have different projects: one collab; one longer slightly more literary one; and one totally game-play driven one. That way, I get a variety of play-styles and a variety of writing styles, so it works.

I also keep the pressure off: If I need to put a story aside for a while, I'll do it. I want this to remain fun so that it fuels my creativity. If it ever starts to drain my creativity, then I need to try something different, because I've got lots of other areas of my life (work, gardening, teaching, music, cooking, yoga, and just being) that need that creative energy.

@Thymeless - I love your Sixans! I'm finally all caught up on them, can't wait to read more.

@CathyTea I finished Whisper and am working on Goofy Love now.. a little bit at a time. It's hard to find time to binge read in between testing phases for my challenge, but I'm working on it. :smiley: I really am liking your new story, by the way. It's a brilliant idea and very well written.

I'm also slowly working my way through @supernatural103 's Isaac Sisters and @DeiraShadeweaver 's Voronov Legacy .. I promise I haven't forgotten!