Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If The Toddler is The LAST GIFT of The Sims 4...

AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
Consider that as an essay title, any scenario can be happened. Personally THIS is THE WORST scenario I can imagine. Currently EA/Maxis won't say WHEN but what if they FINALLY grants the wish but comes as the Last Gift before the end of Sims4?

PS: To thinks this is the Last Holding Card for EA/Maxis.
PS2: Sharing Conspiracy Mode Activate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
Post edited by Ancaryvan on

Comments

• Options
    I enjoy the game plenty without toddlers, so it wouldn't bother me at all.
  • Options
    I enjoy the game plenty without toddlers, so it wouldn't bother me at all.
    Nice of you have a Care Free Trait.
  • Options
    papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    We really need toddlers and real babies in this game.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    We really need toddlers and real babies in this game.
    Even it means to be THE LAST PACK before the End? Also, WHAT!!? You want an authentic baby pop-out in front of you when you activate the game. O_o|||
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited September 2016
    Then.. my main family is going to be very neglected because they're not being played any further until we get more family play and toddlers and I *may* or *may not* play Sims 4 as much.. until then, because I need these two features.
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I think by that point, I would have had lost all hope, so I wouldn't really care anymore.

By the time The Sims 3 was coming near its end, I had already stopped playing months before. I had lost interest, which is why I still don't own many of the last packs that were released for it.
    Who really knows, though? I have a lot more fun with TS4, so maybe I won't grow bored of it like I did with TS3. But I would lose a lot of respect for the game if they waited until the very end to add in content like that.
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member

I would definitely be disappointed if toddlers were the last gift, it would almost be insulting - I would take it as the Devs saying 'We're done making the game how we want it, now take your stupid toddlers' (Which of course, I don't believe they would ever do), but that's definitely what I would think if they did.

Toddlers are an important game aspect that I want to play as the game progresses, not as an afterthought. Besides, when the Sims 4 ends and the Sims 5 (possibly) is in the making/arrives, people and probably myself will want to move onto that. I adore the Sims 4 and want it to continue for a very long time but the series is dear to my heart and when a new game comes out I will move onto that one, so I will never truly have the chance to enjoy toddlers.

This would be a very cruel thing to do, and maybe worse than not releasing them at all.
    I think for toddlers I can wait a few EPs more, the devs have said they already have plans for the future in regard to EPs, and so demanding them now won't change anything, but I need them well before the end of the game, at least.

• Options
    littlearchitectlittlearchitect Posts: 277 Member
    edited September 2016
    I don't think it's the last gift though, considering all the complaints and request they are getting from fans. But the thing is people who love TS4 still buy it and those who complain including me still buy it. So, what I'm afraid is that they will ignore us because we are still buying the game despite missing toddlers. And another thing I'm afraid is getting half-baked toddlers like apartments. That won't really upset me since I'm not a huge fan of toddlers but the forums will go crazy like the time they heard about CL apartments.

Most likely toddlers will be either patched in before Generations EP or included in the EP.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon__gif___fan_art__by_hazzaplumbob-dayfe38.gif
  • Options
    azxcvbnm321azxcvbnm321 Posts: 532 Member
    For one thing, toddlers will not be a gift if they come at all. This reddit guru post says as much https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/52z56l/sohows_everyone_doing_d/d7ot5vl

Basically he says that Maxis doesn't want to rush things and wants to cover all the bases. So if they decide to do toddlers, and he said IF, it would be with enough content to satisfy a lot of different styles of family play. He also mentioned "pack"
    If we tried to rush some sort of family pack out the door it might only satisfy 5% of the people that wanted more family gameplay. So we like to take our time with it.

which strongly indicates that toddlers would be a paid for expansion if they ever decided to make them. There is nearly zero chance that toddlers would be "given" to anyone.

The Sims 4 has to end someday. Is it good enough that we wish it continues forever? No. No game is that good because technology and new ideas and features are always being developed. The real question is if Sims 4 is bad enough that it should end today because it is so limited and can't be expanded upon much further. It's like if you're baking cookies and mess up the cookie dough. It's better to start over and make a good dough instead of trying to cover it up with chocolate chips and other ingredients. Nothing can make that dough into a good cookie no matter how many chips and sprinkles you put on. The only thing left to do is cut your losses and start over with a new batch of dough.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    It depends on how well the toddlers are done.

If players have wait around five years for toddlers and they are rushed baritos then I would probaly just laugh it off and eat my hat! :grin:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Then.. my main family is going to be very neglected because they're not being played any further until we get more family play and toddlers and I *may* or *may not* play Sims 4 as much.. until then, because I need these two features.

Somehow I got the Evil Trait for The Corp:
    Your toddler is in Marketing Department, your ransom futile. You will purchase ONLY whatever the Marketing Depatment provide. No argument!! OR ELSE *glaring at the toddler.
    I would definitely be disappointed if toddlers were the last gift, it would almost be insulting - I would take it as the Devs saying 'We're done making the game how we want it, now take your plum toddlers' (Which of course, I don't believe they would ever do), but that's definitely what I would think if they did.

Toddlers are an important game aspect that I want to play as the game progresses, not as an afterthought. Besides, when the Sims 4 ends and the Sims 5 (possibly) is in the making/arrives, people and probably myself will want to move onto that. I adore the Sims 4 and want it to continue for a very long time but the series is dear to my heart and when a new game comes out I will move onto that one, so I will never truly have the chance to enjoy toddlers.

This would be a very cruel thing to do, and maybe worse than not releasing them at all.
    I think for toddlers I can wait a few EPs more, the devs have said they already have plans for the future in regard to EPs, and so demanding them now won't change anything, but I need them well before the end of the game, at least.

Such an insult will not from Simgurus definitely, otherwise the other members who make the final decision.
    For one thing, toddlers will not be a gift if they come at all. This reddit guru post says as much https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/52z56l/sohows_everyone_doing_d/d7ot5vl

Basically he says that Maxis doesn't want to rush things and wants to cover all the bases. So if they decide to do toddlers, and he said IF, it would be with enough content to satisfy a lot of different styles of family play. He also mentioned "pack"
    If we tried to rush some sort of family pack out the door it might only satisfy 5% of the people that wanted more family gameplay. So we like to take our time with it.

which strongly indicates that toddlers would be a paid for expansion if they ever decided to make them. There is nearly zero chance that toddlers would be "given" to anyone.

The Sims 4 has to end someday. Is it good enough that we wish it continues forever? No. No game is that good because technology and new ideas and features are always being developed. The real question is if Sims 4 is bad enough that it should end today because it is so limited and can't be expanded upon much further. It's like if you're baking cookies and mess up the cookie dough. It's better to start over and make a good dough instead of trying to cover it up with chocolate chips and other ingredients. Nothing can make that dough into a good cookie no matter how many chips and sprinkles you put on. The only thing left to do is cut your losses and start over with a new batch of dough.

So the question is what would happen if EA/Maxis, without Simgurus, decide to "Save For The Last", knowing that T-lovers shouts the most in the forums. They intentionaly tease them. Other groups like Sp-natural and pets Lovers are relatively quiet. In fact the Alien fans haven't launch a campaign to create a habitable Sixam world/ Neither world for ghosts. Also, there are some posts saying the sales of the Sims 4 and it's related packs are not so well, so there maybe a possibility EA/Maxis will use toddlers as the last card.
    It depends on how well the toddlers are done.
    If players have wait around five years for toddlers and they are rushed baritos then I would probaly just laugh it off and eat my hat! :grin:

Nice of you have clumsy trait, people who do not feel awkward for the thing/event they do base on stupidity.
  • Options
    asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited September 2016
    If they wait to add toddlers at the very end 1. I would be very upset and 2. they're going to have a very hard time selling TS5, especially to family players.
  • Options
    MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    edited September 2016
    Well EA has been dancing around the issue all this time, I could TOTALLY see them dangling the carrot until the very end...and it, like everything else so far, will not be what the fans hope it will be.

It's just too different a game and they couldn't care less.
  • Options
    Nadja55Nadja55 Posts: 66 Member
    I´ve been thinking the exact same thing. We soon got the game for two and a half years, and yet no Toddlers. As I consider, the Sims was supposed to be a Life Simulation game, and now it´s just Singles Simulation. So few things for children to do. I think they soon will be announcing the Sims5, if there will be one. I hope not. But I really do not think there will be any Toddlers at all in Sims4.
  • Options
    BarghaestBarghaest Posts: 168 Member
    edited September 2016
    Well, I'd probably have given up on expecting them to add them by then... if I did discover a developer that would do a backhanded gesture like that, it'd be really hard to convince me to invest in any future products of theirs...

But this is pure speculation for an imaginary scenario and I don't actually believe they'd do something like that.
  • Options
    husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    well iam kinda going to stop caring about this series from now on they don't care i should't care
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    MarmarSimsMarmarSims Posts: 183 Member
    If that's their last gift, it'll be useless a year or so they'll have a trailer of The Sims 5 and everyone will be waiting for that not caring about the Sims 4. So no, let's just not hope for toddlers to be the last update patch of The Sims 4 in the near future..
    30uejra.jpg
    Origin: maritakoyaki
  • Options
    JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    I would definitely be disappointed if toddlers were the last gift, it would almost be insulting - I would take it as the Devs saying 'We're done making the game how we want it, now take your plum toddlers' (Which of course, I don't believe they would ever do), but that's definitely what I would think if they did.

Oh it's definitely likely to happen that way SimGuruTrev said that they may be possible towards the 8 or 9th EP, I'm pretty sure by then Sims 4 would be coming to a close. At that point it wouldn't even matter if they were going to announce a Sims 5.
  • Options
    Le0HeartLe0Heart Posts: 154 Member
    I honestly think Toddlers will be released as a patch before a generations themed pack !
  • Options
    CharKittyBooCharKittyBoo Posts: 569 Member

I tried doing the same thing with my main family when they had triplets. I didn't want to age them straight up into kids, but with no news on toddlers I decided to wait for the Kids SP. It was really annoying but I did it, and I only waited a month or so. I wish you luck, because it may be years before we get more family play in TS4.
    Family player we got toddlers...my life is complete 1/12/17 best. day. ever.
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree
  • Options
    YubellYubell Posts: 440 Member
    I'm not waiting 8-9 years for toddlers forget that I'll get pregnant and have my own baby :D
  • Options
    Callum2000Callum2000 Posts: 802 Member
    No, the worst scenario would be not having them at all, but I agree getting them at the very end would suck. I enjoy the game without them and don't necessarily need them, but I do miss having them running around :(
  • Options
    AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    I get the feeling that knowing Maxis/EA and how they do things Toddlers will be the last thing added to the game kinda like how making magic ended one of the previous generations of sims. It would be sad but it looks like thats what they are doing.
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life
  • Options
    TaquandaTaquanda Posts: 212 Member
    You know, next to no toddlers I'm also really ignored by the fact that you can't barely do anything with babies. Also, I hate that you can CHOOSE when they age. So much for proper simulation.
    Sorry for any grammar or other mistakes. English is not my native language. :)
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited September 2016
    I would really be frustrated/furious and definitely boycott their next game (or the rest of the packs). Because, seriously? That's insulting. :neutral:

I'm already getting on the fence with this City Living pack. I'm getting to the point of just returning and staying with Sims 3...
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)