Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SIMSPOINTS

I am very new to this game. I have had the game for awhile but have not been able to play it, due to computer issues, anyways I finally was able to get me a new computer and start playing. There are a few questions I have. One, can you get gift cards for the SIMPOINTS or, do you have to just get a visa gift card or something, if you are wanting to use some gift money for that? and I also seen on the SIMS 3 game site where people share their things with you, and you are able to download it so you can use it yourself. When I went to download a few of them, it said it failed because I didn't have the right content. I didn't know what that was meaning. Please no rude comments. I am still very new to this game. Any answers would be great. Thank you and have a good day!

Comments

• lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    Hello and welcome to the game and the forums... :)

You can earn simpoints by watching the sponsor paid ads that will be located on the left hand side of the page in the store section and on your wishlist. It will be a blue button and they pay out 5 simpoints per ad. Some people have gotten anywhere from 50-1000 or more points by just having several tabs open while playing the videos. You can also by EA cards for $20 dollars and redeem them for simpoints.

As for as the Sims 3 Exchange, the stuff on the exchange is just recolors of stuff that people already own from the base game, any EP's/SP's and store stuff. It is not intended to for people to get store stuff for free if they don't already own that item. So if you should try to download an item that you don't already own, it will come up saying that the download has failed if you don't have the content for that item. If you download a house or any type of community lot or a sim that has clothing/haitstyles that you DON'T have, it will replace those missing items with default items either from the base game/EP/SP.

This link here is the FAQ on the TS3 site that will explain about earning simpoints and the exchange... :)
    http://www.thesims3.com/gettingstarted/faq

You check out this thread which has a listing of the stuff that is on the Daily Deals rotation. It is the last DD that EA has put up as it has been up since September 2014 and they have no plans on making a new DD list.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/866448/daily-deal-dd-rotation-and-sales-help-continuation-of-september-list/p1

You can also go and check out the weekly sale page on the store that gets changed every Wednesday... :)
    http://store.thesims3.com/sale.html?categoryId=13700

I know that there are other links that some of the members have started to help get the best bargain for your simpoints and I know that someone will post those also... :)

Hope this all helps... :)
  • katica65nskatica65ns Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi.

I bought this game today, and I tried visiting the Store page in order to earn some sim points as explained FAQ at thesims3.com page. Unfortunately, I haven't seen that banner on the left side of the Store page, nor in the game launcher.

They do say the following:
    "The number of videos available to view per user will vary depending on inventory. In the event that no videos are available, the banner will not appear. "
    but I hope it's not that I'm not going to be able to use this banner at all? I own The Sims 3 Starter Pack (including Late Night and High-end Loft Stuff) and Monte Vista. Also, I live in Serbia. I hope these adds aren't region specific. I don't see why they would be, it's not that we don't understand adds in English. :smile:

Thanks in advance!
    Thanks for fast reply, @lisasc360. No, I don't have any add blocker, and now I also tried disabling all add-ons in Mozilla Firefox. I also tried to do it in other browsers - Internet Explorer and Google Chrome, with no success. And I also tried to see where I could find this banner in The Sims 3 launcher, but I haven't seen any such banner there.

And I should mention maybe once again that I have bought the game few days ago. I got those 1000 sim points for registering The Sims 3, but I haven't bought anything yet with those sims points. I just want to spend it on something stupid. :smile:

I hope this banner will show up at some moment. :neutral:
  • AluraalureAluraalure Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello,
    I had an old account that I have a ton of Simpoints on. However I have opened a new account that is connected to all my origin downloaded games. I was wondering if there is a way to send the simpoints from the old account to the new one?
    @Aluraalure, you may want to try EA help to see if they can merge your 2 accounts together. I have heard of people having 2 accounts that wanted to merge them into one and that they contacted EA CS rep to have it done. So give it a shot and see what happens... :)
    https://help.ea.com/en/

@katica65ns, You are quite welcome... :) I have heard of some people saying how they can't get the ads for weeks at a time and then one day out of the blue, they show up. I do know that there are times when I may be logged out of my account that the blue button shows up, but then once I log in and the button is gone. But I have been pretty lucky that I still see the button every time I go to the store pages. I haven't really watched the ads in awhile as I have most of what I want. My guess to why you haven't been seeing them on your end could be that it may be a first come, first serve situation. But I would just keep checking the page as you just may get lucky one day... :)
    Thanks, @lisasc360! I will be checking the Store page now and then, and hopefully I will be able to get some sim points. :smile: I also have a feeling that this banner will show up at some moment. :smile:
  • AluraalureAluraalure Posts: 2 New Member
    @lisasc360 Thank you so much I will check that out!
  • Misa_wants_PepsiMisa_wants_Pepsi Posts: 229 Member
    I can't start my own thread, and this is the closest I've found to my problem. I registered my game and expansions on origin, but I got no free sims points. Is it because I bought them on steam?
  • angieshadeangieshade Posts: 12 New Member
    I am also not having any luck starting a new thread -- what is WITH these forums?

Anyway, I tried to buy simpoints today and couldn't; I got redirected to an Origin "store" page that was blank.
  • HoplassHoplass Posts: 369 Member
    Hey guys! You have to be a member to start a new thread...

I'm not sure about steam and free simpoints, but have you checked the 'my page' when you are logged in on the store-website? There should be a button, something like 'redeem free points'. Or you could check the 'my account'-page as the button can also show up there. Hope that helps!
    @lisasc360 and @Hoplass, just to let everybody know. This banner appears to be region related. It's available in USA for example. Still, there is a way to watch those adds as if you were an American, but still - I don't see a problem in letting people outside USA to watch them. Right, they are in English, but we can understand these adds as well, and almost all of them are relevant outside USA too!
  • sirscupcakesirscupcake Posts: 2 New Member
    QUESTION: If I bought the game on Steam, how do I get around needing to purchase the starter pack to get SIMPOINTS?
  • napoleonwrassenapoleonwrasse Posts: 310 Member
    I don't use steam but you should be able to get the points by registering your game on thesims3.com.
    When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
  • McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    QUESTION: If I bought the game on Steam, how do I get around needing to purchase the starter pack to get SIMPOINTS?

you don't need the start pack. just register your steam keycode for the game on the sims 3 page, click buy points. it'll take you to origin but you don't need to buy the game on origin. just search 'simpoints' in origin and buy, then look at the sims 3 store page.. your points are there.

i have steam version and i bought a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 ton of simpoints that way just yesterday :)
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
    Just to add when you register your steam keycode on thesims3.com you should receive the free simpoints. It might just be added to your account or show up on your my page as a button.
    When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
    So I registered on origin, but its still greyed out on my profile page on the Sims3.com. I tried to register the codes there but I get a thing saying the codes are invalid. It shows my worlds on my profile. Do I just wait?
    Do you mean the simpoints are greyed out? If you are getting invalid codes I would suggest contacting EA directly so see if they can fix it for you.
    Do you mean the simpoints are greyed out? If you are getting invalid codes I would suggest contacting EA directly so see if they can fix it for you.

Yes they were greyed out. It's been resolved (some error was going on.) so I got my Sim points.
    edited October 2016
    @Misa_wants_Pepsi That's great! :)

Have you seen these threads to make the best use of the simpoints you got?
    Daily Deal Thread
    Cascades
    Kids Stuff
    @napoleonwrasse Yes, I discovered the dd thread trying to find a scheldule. Thanks
    @Misa_wants_Pepsi It should be on the first page as a long list or you could use the spreadsheets also on the first page. I personally recommend the spreadsheets. They were immensely helpful when I was working to own the store.
  • AllMadHereAllMadHere Posts: 55 Member
    Do SimPoints bundles ever go on sale?
    They haven't in a while that I know of. But you can get free simpoints by clicking on the blue box on the left of the store page. They are 5 points each but if you do a bunch it really adds up.