Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Self Employed" Career Label/Tag and Possible Implimentation

I'm guessing this has been brought up before but it would be great if Sims that own Retails Lots or Restaurants could be labeled as "Self Employed" when viewing their career panel and when asking Sims about their jobs in conversations. Not every Sim who doesn't have a game recognised career is a housewife/househusband.

In order to only give the "Self Employed" title to the Sim that actually owns the Lot, instead of applying it to the entire family, a hidden trait could be added to the purchase options on the computer, phone, and retail panel, that gets added to the specific Sim that initiates the interaction.
a.k.a. Menaceman44 on MTS.
Thoughts on a new wall mode?

Comments

• pinedasgalpinedasgal Posts: 69 Member
    Agree, my sim works 10 hours a day at her boutique. Is definitely anything but unemployed.
  • papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    Signed.
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I'd like a 'self-employed' option for any Sim. Because Sims who are not employed seem to get selected for townie roles like bar staff or homeless sims. So if I want an artist or a writer who doesn't use the career, but makes money from their craft, then being able to join a 'self-employed' career would help with that too. Maybe it could be listed as a career along with the others when you look for a job? Like a career but with only one level.
  • MirithilRoseMirithilRose Posts: 12 New Member
    signed
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Great idea.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • AlistuAlistu Posts: 742 Member
    I'd like a 'self-employed' option for any Sim. Because Sims who are not employed seem to get selected for townie roles like bar staff or homeless sims. So if I want an artist or a writer who doesn't use the career, but makes money from their craft, then being able to join a 'self-employed' career would help with that too. Maybe it could be listed as a career along with the others when you look for a job? Like a career but with only one level.

That would probably be even easier to impliment than my idea. I like it!
    a.k.a. Menaceman44 on MTS.
    Thoughts on a new wall mode?
  • Chi_rose_heartChi_rose_heart Posts: 31 Member
    signed , would love this
  • crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Signed :)
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Yes please!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • usagishiroiusagishiroi Posts: 68 Member
    ^^ signs~
    this is a great idea, my sim runs a bakery and has her kids help run it, they are there at most 10-11hrs a day. 11-12 on the weekend (kids gotta go to school ya know?)
  • siennaSTARsiennaSTAR Posts: 739 Member
    Signed!!!!
  • YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    TOTALLY! it's been on my mind for 2 years!

-Yarden.
  • Simmer_ShannSimmer_Shann Posts: 1 New Member
    I agree! We need a self-employment system, especially because of the retail system!! I never understood why it wasnt implemented into Get To Work? Maybe it'll make an appreance in City Living??

Also, I've been hoping for more job tracks similar to TS3, like Education, Architecture Design and Sytlist. I wouldn't care if they were full on "professions". I typically like just sending my sims off to work. If I have to go with them, that takes time away from all the other sims in my household. Although TS3 did it very nicely especially with Architecture Design. You basically chose the jobs you wanted to go on and could go any time. I really loved that. Come to think of it, could you pick when you took jobs because it was tied into the self-employment aspect? 🐸🐸🐸🐸, that system was great. The Sims 4 is so much higher quality than TS3, but its just lacking so much. They seem to roll out contect for TS4 much slower..which may be good? They may just be spending more time on specific packs, paying closer attention to the details. But I am getting impatient for more content..
  • MrsTomato1018MrsTomato1018 Posts: 400 Member
    Yes! To be honest, I'm surprised this hasn't been patched in yet. Between retail shops and restaurants, there are potentially a lot of self employed sims out there.
    Check out my YouTube channel!
    You can find me on the gallery at MrsTomato1018!
    You can find me on Twitter @MrsTomato1018!
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited September 2016

Not everyone wants to keep up with the Landgraabs. Maybe you want a Sim that stays home with the babies and is there when the kids get home from school rather than having babies whisked off to day care or hiring a nanny everyday, and make extra money painting or writing or programming/hacking while the spouse works.

I'd also love to see a return of the Slacker career, which we haven't had since Sims 2, and also part-time work available for all ages not just teens. I've had Sims who would be well suited for Slacker (one of my current teens, for example) -- he just wants to play with his music all day, and doesn't really want to have to get a real job when he gets to San Myshuno. Putting him in a filthy apartment and getting him a part-time night job so he can spend the days writing songs and performing in the public plazas would suit him perfectly. But the way the game is structured now I can't play that type of Sim.

Count me as SIGNED.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • xKhaleesixKhaleesi Posts: 64 Member
    I miss the job and self employment opportunities that were in Sims 3 so I'll sign this as well! I figured by now they'd make it an option..
    Origin ID: Luxsurie
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member

1 level careers are a great idea! That would take care of the self employed option, badly needed, and also maybe could be a fix for the NPC jobs! Not having things like maid, repairman, mailman, ect be playable can be frustrating at time, especially if you end up moving an NPC in. Suddenly, they lose their job! Those jobs seem perfect for your 1 level careers as well. It could really simple! No prootions, no daily activities, just be in a good mood and have your needs fullfilled to do well at work: do well, maybe you get a bonus! Do poorly, watch out you might get fired! And done, no need to do more than that. The mailman gets to keep his job even after moves in with that pretty widow he;s been flirting with on the job ;-D
  • MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    Signed!