Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

City Living Roommates

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SuucherriesSuucherries Posts: 118 Member
    We want roommates!
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Signing & Signed! I want npc roommates!
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    amandaneunamandaneun Posts: 107 Member
    If it's too late to add such a feature, can't it be done with a patch after release? Isn't that what they did with pools? I'd love NPC roommates for my sims, honestly; it would add more fun since it'd result in unpredictable things happening during gameplay.
    “... and when all the wars are over, a butterfly will still be beautiful.”
    ― Ruskin Bond, Scenes from a Writer's Life

large.jpg
  • Options
    xcloseyoureyesxcloseyoureyes Posts: 69 Member
    +1 for NPC roomies

HERE HERE
  • Options
    kimberlybaumankimberlybauman Posts: 4 New Member
    Sure.
  • Options
    phanisixx777phanisixx777 Posts: 38 Member
    i dont think so
  • Options
    BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    Roommates please.
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    ikiamyetta wrote: »
    latushia wrote: »
    I don't see any necessity in this... roomates are already a base game feature. To be honest, when I played with roomates in TS2 Apartment Life - I always used the "boolprop controlpets on" cheat, to have at least some Impact on them... sooo dunno, don't feel the need for this

Some people want multiple sims in their house but only want to be in control of one, and to have their money separate etc.
    It helps with different story options.

You could simple decide to never select the sim or just don't control them at all. Yes, seperate funds would be a nice thought, but roomate system wouldn't be the best to have the addition exclusive to there.

Edit1 Thought you were giving arguments in having normal sims in the household vs roomates. Nevertheless, I just gave my point why there's no good point of having that system in-game. With that said, I do like the idea that ea made "roomates" noncontroble - all their should be a new phone/computer option that allows easy move-in option from the pool box without the requirement of having high relationship to their unretable/stranger sim.

Just because you don't want a feature doesn't mean that there's no point. I too would love NPC roommates

Where did I say that don't want it? Just cause I gave my reasoning why there isn't an actual need for them, doesn't n it in the game.ecessary mean I don't want
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Signed, but ... lol ... "but roommates have always existed in CAS, they're just not non-controllable, but they're there!" ... in their defense, it's not like you need to actively take care of your sims to keep them alive anyway so I guess it makes no difference. Uch.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Umm.. technically this isn't a petition, just my knee-jerk reaction to finding out that the category 'roommate' was not changed up for City Living. I still think non-controlled NPC's would be so fun to have in apartments. I guess if enough people are interested I can start a list and turn it into a petition...
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    omg_its_the_simsomg_its_the_sims Posts: 2 New Member
    Yes, totally signed, I would love to have this! Whenever I play the Sims, I usually like to focus on only one sim. So if we had NPC roomates, I wouldn't have to cater their every need. I'm so on board.
  • Options
    dyang208dyang208 Posts: 1 New Member
    There is a work around for this: you can move or create your significant sims in another household. Purchase the AlwaysWelcome reward and basically just live in that other household rather than your own home.
  • Options
    ChesterWillowChesterWillow Posts: 5 New Member
    I'd like NPC roommates too. I liked that aspect of TS3.