Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Apartment Building?

libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
So it appears as though we won't be able to build apartments simmers.... I'm depressed now.

I want to be positive guys but I was really hoping to build my own apartment and such and I've so many simmers create apartments for sims but now we can't use them unless you just have your family in them....

simsvip.com/2016/09/20/sims-4-city-living-apartments-exclusive-san-myshuno/

Sorry if this was already posted. :(

Comments

• MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    sigh -- I guess it's like rental properties from Granite Falls.
  • libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    sigh -- I guess it's like rental properties from Granite Falls.

Yeah I suppose so, I'm still shocked from this because I really thought they would allow us to build our own apartments and such, so if that changed I can only imagine what will happen to future content things.
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    If I had to guess, it is possibly high-rise buildings that we cannot build (like in the Sims 3... Officially and not through cheats), but we are able to build regular apartments that aren't high-rises. o:)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    If I had to guess, it is possibly high-rise buildings that we cannot build (like in the Sims 3... Officially and not through cheats), but we are able to build regular apartments that aren't high-rises. o:)

So you can build them and they are not shells then?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    CrackFox wrote: »
    I find it more disappointing that we can't place the apartment 'shells' in other worlds. They should have known not being able build apartments from the ground up would really depress players. The only thing I like doing in the game is building and that is what most of youtubers concentrate on too.

I didn't think of that either which is usually the case but it seems like everything is exclusive to the new world at this time.
  • Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    I think the reason behind them not being allowed to be built in another world is because they weren't designed to be viewed at this heights.

Of course we wouldn't be able to create high rises but it states specifically apartment complexes...who knows maybe they're just playing with us for now MAYBE...and we can actually build :)
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    I think the reason behind them not being allowed to be built in another world is because they weren't designed to be viewed at this heights.

High-rises I understand.... but like 2 or 3 floor apartment should've been possible I think....maybe it just wasn't in the budget and time frame.
  • teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member

Agree with Colton:) for a small bit here OP my heart literally stopped beating, when I checked the link:):P
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
    teaa5 wrote: »

Agree with Colton:) for a small bit here OP my heart literally stopped beating, when I checked the link:):P

I want to agree with Colton too :smiley: but something is telling me I won't be able to build our own small apartments....only time will tell. The tweet seemed very straight forward to me
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    There might be a loading screen between apartments. One of the Gurus said on Facebook
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    loadscreens between apartments

can't build your own, exclusive to the new world.

It's a bit of a deal breaker to me. I'm interested in will the "filth" be added to other worlds too (I want rats and roaches!) and if not, then I'm not interested.
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Man, this is what I was the most hyped for. Not being able to place them in other worlds is super plum too :(
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2016

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• XoxNicolexoXXoxNicolexoX Posts: 119 Member
    I'm still going to get the pack , but it is kinda sad that they missed rhe mark with some features. Loading screens just to enter a neighbors apartment doesn't make any sense to me.
    rsz_simsgurunicole.png
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Missed the part about loading screens
    Apartments were the main reason I wanted this pack so idk now...creativity is so limited as always :s
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
    mirta000 wrote: »
    loadscreens between apartments

can't build your own, exclusive to the new world.

It's a bit of a deal breaker to me. I'm interested in will the "filth" be added to other worlds too (I want rats and roaches!) and if not, then I'm not interested.

this, to me, is crazy because why is there a loading screen when your on the same lot and the sims lives either next door or across from you lol
    I'm still going to get the pack , but it is kinda sad that they missed rhe mark with some features. Loading screens just to enter a neighbors apartment doesn't make any sense to me.

I don't get that either
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

The only disappointment - but still not sure about it.. is that we wont be able to build small apartments in the other worlds... am I getting it right?
    Thank you @Writin_Reg for those links;)

00.jpg

Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
    edited September 2016

I want to agree with Colton too :smiley: but something is telling me I won't be able to build our own small apartments....only time will tell. The tweet seemed very straight forward to me

@libra_style I am getting there now.... and my heart is skipping a beat now;(((((

I thought we would be able to build some small apartments in other worlds... but if not.. then buauauauauauauau:((( :'(:'(:'(
    00.jpg

• mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    The only disappointment - but still not sure about it.. is that we wont be able to build small apartments in the other worlds... am I getting it right?
    Thank you @Writin_Reg for those links;)

we won't be able to build any apartments. In the old world or the new world. You're stuck with already built ones.
  • MinkFurMinkFur Posts: 164 Member
    edited September 2016
    *throws huge temper tantrum*
    newsig_zps30nrzgoc.png
    Here's the confirmation we can't build our own apartments:

https://twitter.com/TheSimCommunity/status/778288308648603648