Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Too Much Drama

JasonSim16JasonSim16 Posts: 466 Member
edited September 2016 in Forum Ideas & Feedback
Honestly, no wonder EA and The Sims team had been so quiet because this is drama upon drama! I love this game and will continue to play it in silence. If they come out with what I want or not so be it. All this confusion diverts from the actual game and has nothing to do with it even! The Sims is supposed to be an escape from mundane and negative aspects in every day life, now it's followed us to the Forums. As of now, I am done with the pettiness and looking forward to future releases from The Sims team and leaving it at that.
71rbpi.png

Comments

• kayt45kayt45 Posts: 434 Member
    I agree. I mainly hang out in the creative area of the forum but stop in here for news and stuff. When I saw all the drama posts my first thought was "do these people not get enough of this irl?" It's all so ridiculous.
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    I'm totally lost on all this recent drama about SimsVIP, so I'm just trying to avoid it because I don't understand what's sparked it. I'm sure the drama will dissipate when we start getting more news on City Living this coming week! :)
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    CrackFox wrote: »
    The problem is that this forum and it's craziness is currently more entertaining than playing the game is.

You know this is both hilarious and sad all at the same time!!!

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • That's what happens when people don't know how to discuss things civilly on the internet.
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    It's because they were silent to begin with. I'm having more fun reading the comments than playing the game tho
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    And to think...some people don't think these forums are toxic.

But tbh, the drama is a little entertaining but also super frustrating and confusing. It's definitely a good read for right before sleep, or meal time (if you're alone.) or even when using the toilet lol.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited September 2016
    We're so divided with the lack of communication.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    I really could use some more of the naked klepto right about now!!! That was highly entertaining!!!

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    xPaxion wrote: »
    JasonSim16 wrote: »
    Honestly, no wonder EA and The Sims team had been so quiet because this is drama upon drama! I love this game and will continue to play it in silence. If they come out with what I want or not so be it. All this confusion diverts from the actual game and has nothing to do with it even! The Sims is supposed to be an escape from mundane and negative aspects in every day life, now it's followed us to the Forums. As of now, I am done with the pettiness and looking forward to future releases from The Sims team and leaving it at that.

Pleasing the Sims community is like trying to extinguish a fire by throwing wood on it.

I was thinking a gas can, to be honest. :D
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    It's not *too* much drama. We've got to have something to pass the time till the next bit of sims information comes out
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I'm totally lost on all this recent drama about SimsVIP, so I'm just trying to avoid it because I don't understand what's sparked it. I'm sure the drama will dissipate when we start getting more news on City Living this coming week! :)

I'd skip the ten pages of posts, since just about everyone in there has totally missed the point. It started because a fellow simmer started getting hate for a comment they made to a sim guru. It's not the simmer's fault. It's the people reacting to that article that should check themselves.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    aws200 wrote: »
    We're so divided with the lack of communication.
    I have to agree with this because silence is not always golden and EA/Maxis had taken the silence road before and after the release of Sims 4. By being silent, leave folks to get info anyway they can whether it was good or bad info and sadly we will all be divided until this version is finished.

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    It looks like EA's superiority in marketing is our only hope for future iterations of The Sims since these communities are no longer desirable. Good luck with feedback everyone!
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    Ravager619 wrote: »

I'd skip the ten pages of posts, since just about everyone in there has totally missed the point. It started because a fellow simmer started getting hate for a comment they made to a sim guru. It's not the simmer's fault. It's the people reacting to that article that should check themselves.

I totally agree, I have not even read it and do not intend to.
  • Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    CrackFox wrote: »
    The problem is that this forum and it's craziness is currently more entertaining than playing the game is.

Very true but it's not supposed to be of course
  • TheDismalSimmerTheDismalSimmer Posts: 656 Member
    It's not the drama per se that bothers me. It's people saying things like "so-and-so should be fired" that annoy me. Seriously, it's fine to be unhappy about aspects of the game, but to actually wish such a major negative life event on someone over a game is not an appropriate response.
    dgvibNQ.png
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Yeah It's like a tiny spark in a super dry forest...aaaand forest fire! Run everyone, ruuuun! :p
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • sassygray5sassygray5 Posts: 546 Member
    JasonSim16 wrote: »

Well said!
  • HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member

Yeah. Hopefully we'll get two or more blogs or videos on some of the stuff in City Living and we can let this blow over. This will be the first time that I'll be going directly to The Sims News page and not to a fansite like I usually do.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png