Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 University Life

Comments

• kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    edited April 2017
    doogerie wrote: »
    IceBoss wrote: »
    Hey, fellow Simmers. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who wants an actual University Life expansion instead of a mod that comes with certain glitches or lacks certain features. So here is my idea of The Sims 4 University Life and I really hope someone involved in the development of the game/expansion packs sees this and my Supernaturals idea and adds them. Here is the possible description/new features:

The Sims 4 University Life is out! Just finished high school? Well, it's time to get stop sleeping most of your days away at home and head to the new SimsVille University. Head to classes, hit the gym, make new friends and have an actual thriving life here in College. You can stay up all night studying to make a huge difference, study a little and make very little progress or just have fun with your crazy dorm mate. Just remember, every decision counts.

Features:
    New CAS traits: High IQ and Average Sim
    New outfits including a graduation outfit unlocked when you finish college
    New hairstyles
    New locations
    Go on field trips with your friends or just hace a nice time by the all-new beach. Those waves aren't going to ride themselves, you know?
    Add laptops into the game
    Add Advanced Technology that can be created by High IQ students like some of what was in The Sims 3 Into The Future.
    New active career: Be a College Professor or head of a department. Explore endless possibilities!
    Have a college girlfriend, probably a crazy one. New trait: Obsessed Lover.
    It's The Sims 4 but on a whole new level. Play with friends, classes, girls, laptops, technology. Play with Life.

The Sims 4 University Life

I would like to add.

Learn to cook (call up mum and dad to ak how to fry an egg , give yourself food posening).
    Drink yourself in to a comtose state (we do it here in the UK).
    theam nights.
    do an assigenment in one night.
    study all night.
    drag yourself in while hungover for a 9 am lecture this could give you a heroic emotation
    Join a Socity
    watch the game
    club night
    pregaming in kitcken (Drinking befor going out).

i went to a Uk universty I would also like to see halls looking abit like this.

(navgate to diffrent parts of the halls inrthe Upper left)
    https://www.solent.ac.uk/360/look-around-solent/accommodation.html

outside Deanery
    http://www.diamondproperty.co.uk/pics/Deanery.jpg
    Thats what i want. All the rooms had there on showre room with a loo no sharing.

I love the idea of having to learn cooking from your parents. It kinda sucks that teens can just do it automatically.

If they expand the majors system when we get University to include something similar for teens, then Sims who choose Home Ec in High School might automatically level up their Cooking skill (slowly) when they're at school. It might be an interesting way to unlock some new recipes, too.

(how well you do in particular high school classes might determine the whims that your Sims have regarding their college majors- a Sim who does well in Gym might want to get an Athletics scholarship and join the Football/Cheerleading team in college, a Sim who does Art might want to choose the Fine Arts major).

On the rest:

All-nighters and pregaming should absolutely be a thing. Pregaming could fit into any party situation, really (except Black and White Bashes, and probably Weddings, if they're the bride/groom). The more buzzed your Sim is, the less likely that they'll be phased by negative situations at the party. It could be a really strong Happy emotion.

Theme nights are already a thing, but they could include some different ones, for non-Bar venues. For example, Lounges. Toga Night is an obvious one, "Game Night", where Sims appear dressed in their school's football/cheerleading uniforms, or as fans in body paint and big foam hands. Mascots from rival schools could get into fights with our own school mascot...

wJbomAo.png
  • spaceisstrangespaceisstrange Posts: 84 Member
    y e s
  • KariSt_SimmerKariSt_Simmer Posts: 5 New Member
    [quote="IceBoss;d-899978"]Hey, fellow Simmers. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who wants an actual University Life expansion instead of a mod that comes with certain glitches or lacks certain features. So here is my idea of The Sims 4 University Life and I really hope someone involved in the development of the game/expansion packs sees this and my Supernaturals idea and adds them. Here is the possible description/new features:

The Sims 4 University Life is out! Just finished high school? Well, it's time to get stop sleeping most of your days away at home and head to the new SimsVille University. Head to classes, hit the gym, make new friends and have an actual thriving life here in College. You can stay up all night studying to make a huge difference, study a little and make very little progress or just have fun with your crazy dorm mate. Just remember, every decision counts.

Features:
    New CAS traits: High IQ and Average Sim
    New outfits including a graduation outfit unlocked when you finish college
    New hairstyles
    New locations
    Go on field trips with your friends or just hace a nice time by the all-new beach. Those waves aren't going to ride themselves, you know?
    Add laptops into the game
    Add Advanced Technology that can be created by High IQ students like some of what was in The Sims 3 Into The Future.
    New active career: Be a College Professor or head of a department. Explore endless possibilities!
    Have a college girlfriend, probably a crazy one. New trait: Obsessed Lover.
    It's The Sims 4 but on a whole new level. Play with friends, classes, girls, laptops, technology. Play with Life.

The Sims 4 University Life[/quote]

All of this stuff would be so cool especially the iq part and being able to choose whether to live at home and go to school or go on campus. Especially for all ages (young adult-elder) so no matter if they have a family and job they can still go to school. Certain jobs should pay more if you have a degree.
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Even if they made the college a new town instead of an entirely new world, that would be great. Non-college students can visit college, after all. Maybe the sim goes to college classes like kids and teens go to school, so they don't have to work out how to do classes. They seem to like keeping it simple for Sims 4.

* Young adults and up can enroll by phone or computer and choose a major the way that sims currently choose jobs.
    * The sims disappear off to school the way they disappear to jobs. (Maybe more active, like the Get to Work EP)
    * Your major affects the level sims start certain careers at or just boosts how much money they earn.
    * You get occasional "make a choice" popups, as usual
    * Greek themed clothes/objects so you can make or decorate fraternities/sororities
    * Choose to join different fraternities/sororities (like the Get Together EP)
    * * Maybe sims can only enter a pre-built fraternity/sorority house if they're members, like in Sims 2.
    * * *I have fond memories of sims being kidnapped in a limo in the middle of the night...

@IceBoss , I really like:

Graduation outfit unlocked when you finish college
    Laptops!
    Advanced Technology created by high-performing students (Like the Sims 3 Into The Future EP)
    Career: College Professor

@ShadyLady89 , I really like:

Take a night course (Earn promotion/raise faster?)

@doogerie , I really like:

Drink yourself in to a comtose state (Toga Party option?)
    Hands-on assignments (like the ones in the new Parenthood Game Pack)
    Join a Society (it needs said more than once! Fraternities/sororities!)

This needs to happen! ♥︎
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Danisha89Danisha89 Posts: 3 New Member
    > @phantasmkiss said:
    > Even if they made the college a new town instead of an entirely new world, that would be great. Non-college students can visit college, after all. Maybe the sim goes to college classes like kids and teens go to school, so they don't have to work out how to do classes. They seem to like keeping it simple for Sims 4.
    >
    > * Young adults and up can enroll by phone or computer and choose a major the way that sims currently choose jobs.
    > * The sims disappear off to school the way they disappear to jobs. (Maybe more active, like the Get to Work EP)
    > * Your major affects the level sims start certain careers at or just boosts how much money they earn.
    > * You get occasional "make a choice" popups, as usual
    > * Greek themed clothes/objects so you can make or decorate fraternities/sororities
    > * Choose to join different fraternities/sororities (like the Get Together EP)
    > * * Maybe sims can only enter a pre-built fraternity/sorority house if they're members, like in Sims 2.
    > * * *I have fond memories of sims being kidnapped in a limo in the middle of the night...
    >
    > @IceBoss , I really like:
    >
    > Graduation outfit unlocked when you finish college
    > Laptops!
    > Advanced Technology created by high-performing students (Like the Sims 3 Into The Future EP)
    > Career: College Professor
    >
    > @ShadyLady89 , I really like:
    >
    > Take a night course (Earn promotion/raise faster?)
    >
    > @doogerie , I really like:
    >
    > Drink yourself in to a comtose state (Toga Party option?)
    > Hands-on assignments (like the ones in the new Parenthood Game Pack)
    > Join a Society (it needs said more than once! Fraternities/sororities!)
    >
    > This needs to happen! ♥︎

I love all of this!! I would add only that the standardized test option was good to determine how much money was spent to send them to school and whether they got scholarships. I liked that in Sims3
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    Question.. So was on campus rumored or did someone make it up? This would be perfect EP or GP after the Parenthood GP.
    I haven't heard anything about them actually making a university expansion, but if I had to choose just one expansion, it would be university or pets, and I really used university more. Do petitions actually do anything? I'd sign a petition to get them to make this pack.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
  • treefrosttreefrost Posts: 15 Member
    I love this idea! Im really excited to see if this becomes a reality in the future, or at least something similar
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Looking at a review, we actually have a lot of things that happened in the University pack. Fraternities are kind of like clubs already anyway, only extremely inferior. We even have a heap of naked options. We just don't have the campus area.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    We have some, I guess people with Get Together could make their own fraternities/sororities, but a lot of updates and packs overlap. They didn't wait until the parenthood pack to give us toddlers, for example. University can be like its own world in real life, and if Sims is about making stories, there are a lot of stories that can happen there that don't tend to happen at work or as a teenager.
    4TJdLHA.png
  • ArianaMRArianaMR Posts: 38 Member
    I would prefer if it was a EP instead of a GP. I think Game Packs are fun, and they're cheaper which is nice but I think University Life should be bigger and more polished.
  • SnowyaliceSnowyalice Posts: 2 New Member
    loving the idea! with CAS traits they should also add a "below average" type of sim too? just to fit it in with the other two ^ ^
  • BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Yes and please bring us a couple new careers that require a college education, because what is the incentive to go to college to earn a degree , if there is no work/life boost?
  • MikaScarletMikaScarlet Posts: 34 Member
    I love all the ideas here! University was one of my favorite expansion packs. It was a nice way to flesh out a fresh sim or have as a rite of passage for a growing up teen. They should have a high school graduation party where the teen sim could age up to young adult. Now I miss having to wine and dine the private school principal to get my kids in. lol
  • kaolbellekaolbelle Posts: 22 Member
    Seriously. This is the greatest idea. Everyone talks about seasons and pets (but those packs are pretty much a given in the Sims franchise). I really hope we get University as an EP. I think it would be cool if there was more than one college campus. I don't really like the fact that all of the teens go to the same high school and all of the children go to the same elementary school.

I'd like to have the option to choose which school they go to. But that's probably asking too much. Colleges pretty much compete against each other in every aspect known to man.
  • FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    edited May 2017
    Yes, <3 I would love to have something like the life of the game Bully (even though that was a school)
    • parties/events/charity organised by the Student body
    • competitions - like in life is strange, the photography competition that Max enters.
    • clubs actively getting together ( I like the social aspect of the cliques but they never seemed to do much) it would be cool to see sport sims/bros hanging out on the sports field/ practising/warm ups etc.
    • movie nights
    • study nights
    • pay a student to do your work/ cheat off another sim
    • rich families could bribe the head of the uni

I've never been to UNI, but I did attend a class with my friend once (we watched a movie) and then went back to her shared house which was always a mess!! never any clean plates or cups when you needed them, so much takeaway and pot noodles.. one girl used to leave her hair everywhere... but

on the plus side there was always a lot of night life, lots of events organised by the student union 80's night, cartoon character night etc.
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • lindaatjuhlindaatjuh Posts: 52 Member
    I loved university in sims 3 so I'm all up for it!
    Can't wait to get a laptop which you will be able to take with you in your inventory.
    I also love the idea of learning how to cook and call your parents for help! Brilliant!
    Maybe also add more options for ordering food besides pizza? Like chinese food and burgers? And the possibillity to add a sixback of beer with your order?
  • asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    lindaatjuh wrote: »
    I loved university in sims 3 so I'm all up for it!
    Can't wait to get a laptop which you will be able to take with you in your inventory.
    I also love the idea of learning how to cook and call your parents for help! Brilliant!
    Maybe also add more options for ordering food besides pizza? Like chinese food and burgers? And the possibillity to add a sixback of beer with your order?

I would really love new take out options for TS4. I think City Living would have been perfect for that.
  • Reallysoawkward23Reallysoawkward23 Posts: 175 Member
    University could maybe be a game pack, but I think it's important that we get new careers (that require a degree, maybe) and I don't think they've added any careers in game packs. My wishlist for a university pack would be-
    -New careers (linked to majors/getting a degree)
    -Dorms
    -Keg from ts3
    -Going to class with sims
    -University world with campus buildings (so we can see the buildings in the world unlike get to work)
    > @kaolbelle said:
    > Seriously. This is the greatest idea. Everyone talks about seasons and pets (but those packs are pretty much a given in the Sims franchise). I really hope we get University as an EP. I think it would be cool if there was more than one college campus. I don't really like the fact that all of the teens go to the same high school and all of the children go to the same elementary school.
    >
    > I'd like to have the option to choose which school they go to. But that's probably asking too much. Colleges pretty much compete against each other in every aspect known to man.

I loved having multiple schools in Sims 2! A lot of my Sims joined the Llamas, but with one school designated for the posh students and another designated for the jocks, there was quite a bit of rivalry.
    4TJdLHA.png
  • AliraAlira Posts: 169 Member
    edited May 2017
    Crazy girlfriend, boyfriend omg this is so cool, I want it!!!! I can imaging it stalking my sim, running around my house and crying :D . I want also dorms and cafeteria for teens (college sims). We have to make sure that they are eating healthy! I want college sims to be naughty, do pranks on the parties and drink alcohol first time and get drunk and puke, have a hangover. I want studying to be fun and your idea about new advanced technology items is very good for the university. Professor career is going to be awesome addition. Going to the beach is lovely too!! I hope EA will listen to us all :)
    tumblr_lmunod9VCw1qhfp08o1_500.gif
  • Blade334Blade334 Posts: 48 Member
    I absolutely love all these ideas for college/ university it would be awesome to be a professor and maybe we can have different professors like for science,English blah blah to become one of these types you have to have high skills in certain areas eventually become the dean of the university
  • JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    If University is indeed the next expansion after pets here's some other ideas:

Fraternities/Sororities- College Hazing, Step shows, Being the top dog on campus
    Become a student athlete-Football/Basketball/Baseball/Cheerleader have chance to go pro
    Pep Rallies- Show your school spirit by wearing your school's colors, join the band, celebrate, and hype up your school against rivals
    Mischievous Options- Be the dream room rate, or night mare, blasting music in the middle of the night, etc
    Throw Legendary parties-Return of Keg stands, hangovers from the "juice",random streaking, dancing on tables, group fights/brawls/fights of up to 4 or more people
    Option for Boys, Girls, or Co Ed Dorms-possibly get suspended or kicked out of school for getting caught based on rules you set
    Run for homecoming queen/king- Make friends with different groups of people, bribe students with doughnuts, make speeches, dress to impress, make your presence known, etc
    Make money as a college tutor/Or Full career as Professor-Be the cool laid back teacher or make your students miserable with pop quizzes, heavy homework loads, and hard tests/Become Dean of Students
    Option for young adults and older to take classes for degrees and raises in career
    Graduation Ceremonies

• navaninavani Posts: 86 Member
    Sul Sul!
    Below are suggestions for a possible expansion of The Sims 4 game, which I suggest will be called Academic Life. Firstly, Sims who have completed high school could be enrolled in the university, that is, they have already reached at least the young adult stage. To enter the university, every Sim must carry out the professional vocational test, by computer or mobile phone, that will take Sim's skills into consideration. Soon after the test, the Sim will receive, according to The Sims 3, a report with the score obtained for each course, and Sim will enroll in the course for which he scored the highest score. In case of a tie, the game itself, as it happens in The Sims 2, should bring in the wishes of the Sim in which of the courses the same one should join. The course that will appear in the Sim's wishes must be among the courses for which the Sim has scored the highest.Unlike in The Sims 3, regardless of the score obtained by the Sim, the course should be held in eight semesters, and the professional vocational test is an exam to help in choosing the course, not to grant student credits. At the university, Sim will only be able to return to the home neighborhood after completing the course, as in The Sims 2. Regarding the functioning of the university, the idea is that it be divided into five departments, each of which has a student republic, which I will explain in detail later. The departments would be divided as follows:
    Center of Exact Sciences: Astronomy, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry;
    Center for Human and Legal Sciences: Archeology, Social Sciences, Law, Philosophy and History;
    Center for Natural Sciences and Health: Biology, Physical Education, Medicine, Dentistry and Psychology;
    Center of Arts and Communication: Fine Arts, Communication, Design, Gastronomy andLiterature;
    Center for Economic and Technological Sciences: Administration, Architecture, Science and Technology, Economics and Oceanography.
    As stated previously, each of the departments will have a linked republic, which will be located next to or in front of the department building, where classes will be held. For example, a student of Engineering will be housed, obligatorily, in the republic linked to the Center of Exact Sciences, where also students of Astronomy, Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry should stay. The idea is that lessons can be accompanied by the player without the need for loading screens. In this way, when loading the university campus, the player must choose which of the five departments will play at the moment. Thus, it will have access to the linked republic and the department building. In order not to weigh the game, all other lots of the campus, such as the library and cafeteria, must pass through the loading screens. Following the Sims quantity pattern per family, the maximum number of playable Sims per department will be eight. Nothing prevents the player from having, in each of the five departments, eight playable Sims enrolled. The player can not only play with all departments at once. The choice should be made, as already stated, once the university campus is loaded. Another novelty of the Academic Life expansion is that it would not be restricted to the university. With it, it would be possible to follow the school life of children and adolescents, in line with the expansion Get to Work. In this way, the player could choose whether or not to follow the routine of the Sim, and should, if he accompanies, perform tasks ordered by the game. Thus we would have two new types of lot in the game: Elementary School and High School. With this, the game would bring more dynamicity to the whole family with children and / or adolescents. These are suggestions from a big fan of The Sims! I'd love to see them one day on The Sims 4! I hope I have collaborated with the work of Electronic Arts! I apologize for possible grammatical errors. I'm Brazilian.
    Thank you in advance for your attention!
  • Katie123179Katie123179 Posts: 109 Member
    I wish there was an option to stay at home and have your sim go through the rabbit hole too. I mean yeah you get university and enjoy it and all, but what if you just want the degree?? But I definitely agree on the traits. I also hope they keep the social groups and even add in some more. Like yeah have the jocks, nerds, and rebels, but maybe add in an outsiders (for those who don't fit it) Also I'd love to have more majors.

But overall I don't think you can really change much of the base they already have from TS3. It's more of just adding in new and taking out other stuff.

I'd love to be able to intern at places depending on your major. Like if you're in the science and medicine major, you could intern at the hospital. Even if it's just a rabbit hole, atleast you could make money.