Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 University Life

Hey, fellow Simmers. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who wants an actual University Life expansion instead of a mod that comes with certain glitches or lacks certain features. So here is my idea of The Sims 4 University Life and I really hope someone involved in the development of the game/expansion packs sees this and my Supernaturals idea and adds them. Here is the possible description/new features:

The Sims 4 University Life is out! Just finished high school? Well, it's time to get stop sleeping most of your days away at home and head to the new SimsVille University. Head to classes, hit the gym, make new friends and have an actual thriving life here in College. You can stay up all night studying to make a huge difference, study a little and make very little progress or just have fun with your crazy dorm mate. Just remember, every decision counts.

Features:
New CAS traits: High IQ and Average Sim
New outfits including a graduation outfit unlocked when you finish college
New hairstyles
New locations
Go on field trips with your friends or just hace a nice time by the all-new beach. Those waves aren't going to ride themselves, you know?
Add laptops into the game
Add Advanced Technology that can be created by High IQ students like some of what was in The Sims 3 Into The Future.
New active career: Be a College Professor or head of a department. Explore endless possibilities!
Have a college girlfriend, probably a crazy one. New trait: Obsessed Lover.
It's The Sims 4 but on a whole new level. Play with friends, classes, girls, laptops, technology. Play with Life.

Comments

• IceBossIceBoss Posts: 17 Member
    Sorry for saying college girlfriend, I'm a guy. It ought to have been girlfriend/boyfriend
  • coogiekelpcoogiekelp Posts: 605 Member
    I actually really like this idea.
    Challenges completed: none yet :(
  • BekkieeBekkiee Posts: 7 New Member
    I think this a great idea and I hope they actually do it. Plus, if you have Get Together, it could work really well with the clubs, I think! The only expansions I really care about now are university and pets so would love it if they delivered
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    If it's like Sims 3 it was not long at all and not like Sims 2 how it was long all heck than I'm in.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    I can actually see University being a GP instead of an EP now. Especially if they gave us just one campus.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Proteus42Proteus42 Posts: 891 Member
    I'd find it iinteresting if, just like in Sims 3 University, the time in the Main World would stop when your Sim visits the University (except maybe for short trips home between Semesters) so that you don't have to make a choice between playing the Parents (and not being able to fully enjoy the University DLC) or playing the Student (and have the parents be totally automated)
  • ctthomasctthomas Posts: 136 Member
    I definitely want this feature added. I'd also like the ability to have a part-time job while in school, possibly a work-study (campus coffee shop, TA, etc.) I LOVE designing the dorms, so the ability to create more than one campus or to completely rebuild it would be great
  • TubbieHeadTubbieHead Posts: 48 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    I can actually see University being a GP instead of an EP now. Especially if they gave us just one campus.

I think this could work!
  • lissyj55555lissyj55555 Posts: 2 New Member
    I think this would be awesome! It was one of m favourite parts about the Sims 2!!
  • YanbunYanbun Posts: 77 Member
    Oh my someone remember(TS2) the crazy mascots and profs which just kiss your Sim, flirt with them out of no where? So much drama, when the beloved person is next to that happening. xD
    I didn´t tought about it sooner, but adding the laptop with that pack would make sense. I want both:laptop and university.
    I also like the idea college professor might be a active carrer. why not! Sounds fun. =)
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I especially like the idea of the active professor career!
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Sims4Obsessed55Sims4Obsessed55 Posts: 93 Member
    I love this idea! I hope that it will become a pack real soon.
  • GoldilockGoldilock Posts: 80 Member
    Great ideas. Maybe students could get group assignments, where they'd have to find a certain sim or (more) and do something together. And they could have new hangout/activity and study venues, like theatre group or debate club or college newspaper.
  • HeloNecroHeloNecro Posts: 97 Member
    I'm completely for this idea! :hushed:
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    It would be cool if sims could get internships too.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    I would also like for sims to be able to enroll half-time, or just take a night course. It'd be cool if they had the option to attend class and live at home, unless they were enrolled full time, then I could see them being forced to live on campus. I've always wanted my adult sims to be able to have a job, raise a family, and take a night class or two at the local university.

I imagine, if they are putting together a university EP, that's probably where we're going to get rock bands back again, which is a thing I desperately want. I think they could also include part time jobs in an EP of this nature.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • LilyCrossLilyCross Posts: 10 New Member
    The Sims 4 University Life !!!
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    edited April 2017
    I'd love a university pack. I preferred the specific subjects as per Sims 2 but I loved how they removed the age restrictions in Sims 3. I went to university at 26 rather than 18 so I really appreciated the option for mature students. So if they can find a way to combine the best elements of both, that would be great.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • BasicKassandraBasicKassandra Posts: 9 New Member
    I love this idea, and with the Sims 4 "Get together" it would be even better because you would be able to have multiple clubs now and not just be placed in a section like the Sims 3 with "Jocks" and the "Nerds". It would be good if it also came with its own town away from the Sims families which adds more of realism but hey it's just an idea.
  • simellesimelle Posts: 149 Member
    Sounds like a really good idea! I would definitely love to buy the University pack if released. Different assignments, with lots of semesters too. This could definitely work out.
    “Fear doesn't shut you down; it wakes you up”
    tenor.gif
    Check out my youtube channel!
  • NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    I'd love it if the campus was like an apartment where you could visit the dorms of other Sims. I think that would be lovely. A lot like the Sims 3's world, honestly. A few residential houses, a massive campus that wraps around the actual school. boys dorms, girls dorms. Having to sneak into the girls dorms without being spotted. Endless ideas, honestly.
  • snowqueen51snowqueen51 Posts: 9 New Member
    I don't know if this would be possible, but to add a commuter sim! Also, there shouldn't be a specific age that you can only go to school. I think the option should be available to all ages(young adult-elder)
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    I don't know if this would be possible, but to add a commuter sim! Also, there shouldn't be a specific age that you can only go to school. I think the option should be available to all ages(young adult-elder)

I'd rather have it that any of our own Sims can enroll, regardless of age, but the townies are restricted to Young Adults.
    It just seems more realistic that way. Mature age students make up maybe 10% of a university's student body, so they should be rare in-game as well.
    wJbomAo.png
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    IceBoss wrote: »
    Hey, fellow Simmers. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who wants an actual University Life expansion instead of a mod that comes with certain glitches or lacks certain features. So here is my idea of The Sims 4 University Life and I really hope someone involved in the development of the game/expansion packs sees this and my Supernaturals idea and adds them. Here is the possible description/new features:

The Sims 4 University Life is out! Just finished high school? Well, it's time to get stop sleeping most of your days away at home and head to the new SimsVille University. Head to classes, hit the gym, make new friends and have an actual thriving life here in College. You can stay up all night studying to make a huge difference, study a little and make very little progress or just have fun with your crazy dorm mate. Just remember, every decision counts.

Features:
    New CAS traits: High IQ and Average Sim
    New outfits including a graduation outfit unlocked when you finish college
    New hairstyles
    New locations
    Go on field trips with your friends or just hace a nice time by the all-new beach. Those waves aren't going to ride themselves, you know?
    Add laptops into the game
    Add Advanced Technology that can be created by High IQ students like some of what was in The Sims 3 Into The Future.
    New active career: Be a College Professor or head of a department. Explore endless possibilities!
    Have a college girlfriend, probably a crazy one. New trait: Obsessed Lover.
    It's The Sims 4 but on a whole new level. Play with friends, classes, girls, laptops, technology. Play with Life.

I would like to add.

Learn to cook (call up mum and dad to ak how to fry an egg , give yourself food posening).
    Drink yourself in to a comtose state (we do it here in the UK).
    theam nights.
    do an assigenment in one night.
    study all night.
    drag yourself in while hungover for a 9 am lecture this could give you a heroic emotation
    Join a Socity
    watch the game
    club night
    pregaming in kitcken (Drinking befor going out).

i went to a Uk universty I would also like to see halls looking abit like this.

(navgate to diffrent parts of the halls inrthe Upper left)
    https://www.solent.ac.uk/360/look-around-solent/accommodation.html

outside Deanery
    http://www.diamondproperty.co.uk/pics/Deanery.jpg
    Thats what i want. All the rooms had there on showre room with a loo no sharing.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I went to a different university here in the UK but those pics make me feel a little nostalgic. I would love to see Sims 4 University.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.