Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the Ambitions EP hard on computers?

I just got Ambitions through the Origin50 offer for $10.59! So excited, but wondering now if it was a mistake? I know that both Pets and Seasons are pretty taxing on a computer, is Ambitions the same way? I hope not, my game runs fairly well now. I have an older laptop that I'm running these games on and occasionally it will give me the blue screen of death or Error 12 or lag a bit, but overall my games run good. So far, I have the base game, Seasons, Late Night, World Adventures, Generations for EPs, High End Loft Stuff pack, and all of the worlds but Roaring Heights, Barnacle Bay, Dragon Valley. I'm really hoping that Ambitions doesn't send it over the edge.

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    No.

The hardest are Pets and Seasons.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    ShadowLabrysShadowLabrys Posts: 281 Member
    Mostly seasons make my computer lag I'm really sorry to hear this though
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Worked fine for me back on my old PC and that was a PC from 2004 :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    bee1977bee1977 Posts: 613 Member
    I have a laptop that has all the expansions & stuff packs installed, plus CC & mods, and it runs my laptop fine. According to tech in the forum, they can't figure how my laptop runs TS3, but it does :D . I play with all EP's installed..and the only time I really find any lag is when my story progression gets "full" and there are a lot of people in my town, but I can adjust that as far as residents go :)
    Origin: BeeC1977
    Twitter: @Bee77
  • Options
    becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    No.

I'd also add IP (Island Paradise). @HSmith2016 : Ambitions was one of my first EP's and played with little difficulty(I added Generations and High End Loft SP at the same time too). I too ran it on an older laptop once upon a time ago and no issues until I tried to add, if memory serves, Pets, and then mostly needed mods(NRaas fixed a lot of my problems). I will say that I did not have my settings on high like I do now, but I was able to play a decent game. I still run my games on a laptop, but use a more up to date gaming one now. Happy Simming.
  • Options
    MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    Ambitions shouldn't do too much to the performance.seasons,pets, and the island paradise world and boat taxi is the hardest on the computer .some computers can't handle late night's Bridgeport cause of elevators getting stuck but you should be fine
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    The more you add the more taxing the game becomes. If you already get BSOD and error code 12, your game will probably get worse with each ep you add to the point the game may no longer play.
  • Options
    HollyL73HollyL73 Posts: 1,452 Member
    I'm hoping that doesn't happen, @phoebebebe13! I only get those two things if I have been playing for a really long time, it is rare when I do get them. They definitely don't happen often enough for me to worry too much. But thank you all for your responses, I can't wait to see what new things I can do with this EP! :)
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    I hope it does not happen for you either.Crossing fingers it works.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited September 2016
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    No.

I'd also add IP (Island Paradise). @HSmith2016 : Ambitions was one of my first EP's and played with little difficulty(I added Generations and High End Loft SP at the same time too). I too ran it on an older laptop once upon a time ago and no issues until I tried to add, if memory serves, Pets, and then mostly needed mods(NRaas fixed a lot of my problems). I will say that I did not have my settings on high like I do now, but I was able to play a decent game. I still run my games on a laptop, but use a more up to date gaming one now. Happy Simming.

IP is fine the only issue is Isla Paradiso, you won't get extra lag as long as you're not on that world but resorts outside it do cause extra lag.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    doglovernatdoglovernat Posts: 37 New Member
    Does anyone know if Late Night is laggy?
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Does anyone know if Late Night is laggy?

Bridgeport is prone to routing issues and lag due to inactive sims getting stuck in elevators thus needing to be reset and the sheer number of elevators across the city. Nothing as bad as Isla Paradiso, though. NRaas mods such as Overwatch and ErrorTrap help many players in that world immensely.

The EP itself when playing other worlds is not all that heavy, though this is the one that requires a stronger than 1.x GHz processor that players on some under-powered or older systems balked at.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net