Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Sims & Modeling Chat Thread

Comments

• Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited May 2018
    You must have been a good teacher for Mizzie, @MaggieSims2018 as Miz has taught me a lot as well. Still have hardly scratched the surface with PS but getting better all the time. Haven't won a comp as yet but getting closer. It's more about the journey of learning that interests me more than winning ;)

• MaggieSims2018MaggieSims2018 Posts: 57 Member
    Yep, Mizzie first comp was with me, aw. I have some pictures I'll have to post of our sims together <3
  • VanadisVanadis Posts: 2,305 Member
    edited May 2018
    Vanadis wrote: »
    @Jendowoz0612 Maggie's an old-as-dirt member from back in the day! (You hear that @MaggieSims2018 ? OLD AS DIRT.) She's fun; you'll love her!

Huh? Wha? Can't hear you.
    Missed you so, miss Vana. Side note, saw an awesome corset the other day and thought of you. <3

Awesome corset? Yay! I miss wearing corsets. I have two hot weather ones (one lace and one mesh) but my neuropathy's made it a pain (literally) to lace them :/ It seems to be calming down a bit now that I've been on Vitamin B and Turmeric. I'm awaiting a... thing... I don't remember what the supplement is but my friend takes it with Vit B for her neuropathy and she said it's manageable now? Maybe corsets again for me in the future!

Also I just got back from a trip. I went to a friend's place (she lives about 2.5 hours' drive from me.) She and I actually met on Simblr haha and then we joined a Simblr Skype chat and realized we live super close. So she and I and her brother went and saw the band Mushroomhead. So now I'm eating pizza and decompressing XD
    She says that love is for fools that fall behind
    I'm somewhere between
    I never really know a killer from a savior
    The corset thing was hilarious, it was an article I read, I pictured ace there, I'll message you.

Anyhow, I hope you get your supplements and feel better soon my lady.. <3
  • Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,131 Member
    edited May 2018
    @MaggieSims2018 hi! I'm Penguin! SO glad to see seasoned editors come back!

Im also back for the summer you guys!!! So excited to see what comps get created or come back! :D:p<3
    3gXRDPf.gif
    Twitter: @Penguinwa101
    Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
    Youtube: Penguin Entertainment
  • chellemh29chellemh29 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Hi @MaggieSims2018 It's nice to see you back <3<3 . How's your Son? Molli just turned 3 last month, we took her to Disney World to Celebrate! I'm not really modeling right now but I'm always peaking in to see if something I can't resist turns up. :p
    yhCWXCP.gif
    edited May 2018
    chellemh29 wrote: »
    Hi @MaggieSims2018 It's nice to see you back <3<3 . How's your Son? Molli just turned 3 last month, we took her to Disney World to Celebrate! I'm not really modeling right now but I'm always peaking in to see if something I can't resist turns up. :p

Chelle!!!!! You remember me??? Awww. Tears right now! My boy is great, turned 3 in Feb. He is a brute, but also a big mommas boy. Glad to see you still here, lurking. I will try to tempt you back into modeling with something awesome!!

Disney world tho?? I bet that was fun, overwhelming too! I've never been there, i was thinking next year maybe, my other two kids are 8 and 6 so everybody will love it!!
  • chellemh29chellemh29 Posts: 2,492 Member
    edited May 2018
    Lol of course I remember you @MaggieSims2018 We were pregnant at the same time, And both have a love of pet bunnies. <3 Lol I thought Disney was going to be tough with her being so young. ( we went right before her birthday so she got in free! ;) ). But all the cast members went out of their way to give her extra attention and the characters were just so sweet to her! She kept getting free stuff in every park! Food, candy little pins and treats. It was wonderful! Your kids will love it

I need to find something to enter pretty soon. It’s been a while since ive stretched my creative muscles! :p
    yhCWXCP.gif
  • gramatiquegramatique Posts: 526 Member
    *rolls in* hi :open_mouth:

i'm actually not studying next semester SO I BETTER HAVE TIME or so help me

also hi everyone I missed you all <3
  • MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    @gramatique *tackles and rolls infinitely*
    TIQUEEEEEEEEEEE! :bawling: (funny story, I couldn't find the bawling emote for 2 months. I thought I was going crazy! :joy:)

How are you? Does that mean you're off already, or a few more months still? Let me know so you don't miss out on Game On (if you're still interested of course). :3
    Hi @gramatique so good to see you again. <3<3

• gramatiquegramatique Posts: 526 Member
    @MizoreYukii HIIII *hugs* oh god, why couldn't you find the bawling emote?! That sounds like a story you should share! :lol:

I'm good, I'm good! Semester has ended but I still have some assessments due in the next few weeks. After that though I basically have a semester off LOL, I start again February next year. :) I should be able to join Game On!

Idk what game I should focus more on though, Sims 3 or Sims 4? Hmm choices.

@Jendowoz0612 hey! It's nice to see you too! How have you been? :o
  • MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    @gramatique I have no idea! I came back to the community after a period of absence, and seem to have forgotten what to type in for a lot of things. And no matter what I typed in I couldn't figure out what the sob emote was! I typed in sob, crying, pretty sure I typed in something similar to bawling, and even looked through some of the other emotes and just couldn't find it. :sweat_smile: It was only when replying to you I finally found it. I feel so stupid. :joy: Wish I had found it earlier. :cry: just doesn't do some things justice.

That's great news! I still have some things to do for Game On! and was planning a late June or July release date if things went well. Hopefully you'll be out around then. =D So exciteddd!

Hmmmm...Idk. I'd say S3 just because its nice to see more S3 models, but whatever you choose will be great.
  • wbombjewbombje Posts: 1,244 Member
    @MizoreYukii That is so amazing! That is some serious talent :).
    Ayq5S7Y.png
    I know that some of you are pet lovers, and I guess this qualifies as general chat. I recently saw this video and I think that this might be the cutest dog that I have ever seen, and also one of the best pet adoption/rehabilitation stories ever! What a cutie, especially with the duck pajamas!

I hope that this will brighten someones day!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGCh5KdBYLM

What an adorable dog, and fantastically wonderful owners! I know that he has cropped ears, but his current parents didn't do that to him. I might try to recreate him in create a pet. I have seen some super cute dogs, my own included, but this guy is just the cutest :)!
    Ayq5S7Y.png
    OH. MY. GOSH. Pablo is the cutest Pibble ever! Thank you for sharing this! It brightened up my night!

Pibbles are a product of their training. You train one to attack, it'll attack. You train it to love, it'll be your best friend.

So okay, I have Ace. She's my Emotional Support Animal (ESA). She's allowed to go to the VA with me for appointments as long as she's leashed and I just had to have a note from my doctor, which my doctor was happy to give. She wanders the waiting room and kinda sniffs people that she can reach while leashed. She usually doesn't interact with them, but I remember there was a Korean War vet that she let him pet her. He thanked me for letting him pet my Siamese cat and said that when he was a kid he had a Siamese.

TW: ANIMAL ABUSE but I don't go into massive detail but it might be upsetting.

Well, AceKitteh was abused for the first half a year of her life. She was locked away in a laundry room, fed "sometimes," watered "now and then," and her litter box was never changed.

When she was out of the laundry room, they'd be mean to her.

Well, the lady got child protective services called on her. My friends were cleaning the lady's house while the lady played Sims. That's when we found out she had the cat, and the lady said "Oh yeah, we do blah blah blah and I'm thinking of throwing her out."

NO.

I didn't have any animals, but this cat broke my heart. She was tiny. She was only 10 months old. She was starving, and she was scared. So I coaxed her out to me and put her in her carrier, which was way too small for her, but she wouldn't be in it long. So we cleaned out her litter box, which was just DISGUSTING, and I took her and her stuff home with me.

My husband was on deployment so I emailed him and said "I took in a cat." He emailed me a week later (submarines have spotty internet and only when they're above water) and he said "It'll be good for you." I have PTSD so it wasn't a good thing for me to be alone.

She hid under the couch for a while, but eventually we were able to get her out with pieces of cold cuts and a little cheese. A bit after that, she got more adventurous and would drink my tea out of my cup if it was cool enough, lol. Once, I was eating chips with jalapeño cheese dip, and I went to the kitchen for something, came back, and that cat's face was straight into the cheese dip.

So far she has bonded tightly with me. If I'm holding her, she'll do anything. She trusts me, and I love her. Ever since I got her, when she realizes I'm having a PTSD nightmare, she meows and slaps my ear until I wake up.

She also likes my grandmother and my aunt, and will chill with my husband now.

I let her meet my step-grandmother and grandpa, and they were super understanding that I had to be holding her for them to meet her. They had a dog who was in a similar situation and he would forget who people were. They are advocates of rescuing animals. But when MarMar (my step-grandmother) stroked AceKitteh's head, she just went noodly and purred up a storm.

This cat is the only cat I've ever met that loves belly-rubs. She likes me to hold her like a baby and scritch her belly.

She's come a long way since the laundry room.
    I'm somewhere between
    @Vanadis Aww! I'm so glad that you and Ace found each other. She sounds like an awesome kitty. I don't understand why people have pets when it seems that they don't want pets, like the lady who kept her in the laundry room. I live in the country and so many people just keep their dogs in tiny outdoor kennels all day every day. I don't understand it!

I'm glad that Ace can help you with your anxiety and that you were able to save her, as well :)!
    Ayq5S7Y.png
    @wbombje Yes, AceKitteh is my darling little muncher. I had a migraine this morning and she napped with me.

I used to have an "outside" dog. But she wasn't tied up or kenneled. She just preferred to run around the yard all day and she'd come in at night. She was my little explorer! But our yard was fenced so she had room to run around and be kookoo bananas. We always made sure she had food and clean water out on the patio.

But people who keep their dogs chained, I just can't stand! I'm like if your dog WANTS to be outside, let them outside, but if you're going to get an animal, it should be welcome in your home as a family member.
    I'm somewhere between
    That is the most beautiful video, thank you, @wbombje brought me to tears. So often it's the owners not the breed that makes them the way they are, it is so true. It did and I'm sharing it with my boys, they love animals as much as me and would appreciate it too. <3<3

@vanadis Aww Ace sounds so wonderful!

My bf's parents have a chowchow that loves spending most of his time outdoors. They let him in when he wants, but he often prefers to even sleep the night outdoors. We live in the southeast, so he gets the "Teddy bear" haircut, where he is mostly shaved, but has fur around his head. So, I don't judge when people keep their dogs mostly outdoors, if that's what they want. It's just keeping them in tiny kennels their whole life that bothers me.

I feel like our dog would prefer to stay outdoors, but I get scared of her running away, especially after our older dog ran away and we didn't find her for 4 days during a storm. It was the storm that came up suddenly that caused her to run away.

Our new dog, Carmen, is a Boxer and Dalmatian mix. It's weird how often she gets mistaken for a Pit Bull or Am Staff, though she literally looks nothing like either! I have a friend that has a pure bred Boxer that says the same. People confuse it for a pit or pit mix, lol.

I see so many pit/Am staff/Staffy mixes in the shelters that one day I want to adopt a few of them when we own our own home. They are sweet and affectionate dogs if raised right!

@Jendowoz0612 I agree with you! I'm happy that you loved the video. All dogs are awesome :)!!!
    Ayq5S7Y.png
  • peppergirl84peppergirl84 Posts: 255 Member
    Hello All, I hope you guys are doing well. I have been lurking for a bit now, and it's great to see that everyone is doing well and the comps and creations look just as amazing as ever. I wanted to apologize to Y'all for disappearing out of the blue, especially in the middle of several comps and a judging. Part of it was out of my control and the other half was Failure to communicate on my end. I hope it wasn't too stressful and that things were able to carry on without too much difficulty. It's been a long year and a half but I'm done with college, I've got a stable Job, a new and WAY better gaming system (my older laptop crapped out on me) and my life has settled down enough to where I'm comfortable. A lot of moving around and job searching, after college life wasn't easy. Anyway! I'm going to continue to lurk and eventually at some point maybe join a comp. 1 to start but we shall see. I hope life has been treating you all very well and I hope to socialize with yall again sometime soon. <3<3<3
    Headshots by T.
    1oGnYH4.png
    @wbombje yeah Boxers are often mistaken for bully breeds. And bully breed doesn't even really mean much of anything when you look into it. I have a friend I met on a Sims chat that I found out lives 115 miles away from me, so twice I've gone and met up with her (Once to see Grendel and once to see Mushroomhead,) and she has just the most adorable Pitbull. The dog is so sweet and well-behaved even though she's still only a puppy. She can be a little hyper but you tell her "Lie down, get your bacon," and give her a Beggin Strip and she's good for a while. She equates getting "bacon" with being calm.

A while back I read about a dog that was confiscated in the UK for being a Pitbull and it turned out it was a Boxer.

I mean I love all animals so... well I guess not fire ants or palmetto bugs (ouch and ick) but I mean I even like spiders and stuff. So.

@peppergirl84 OMG It's so good to see you here! Glad things are going well for you so far!

As for life, it smacked me in the face with a bunch more health issues to the point where I need to get an EKG tomorrow and I'm scared to death! I had a foot nerve fire off so bad that it traveled through both ends of my foot then up my sciatic nerve, then to my arms and down my fingers, and then I had chest pains for an hour. BLEH. I called my doc, she told me go to the ER, they told me to stop taking *blah* med and I was like, no, that's the one that stops my PTSD hallucinations. So I have an ER bill for useless information.

But anyway LOL oh god I'm gonna flail and die soon.
    I'm somewhere between
    It is great to see you back, @peppergirl84 missed you.