Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Monte Vista & Hidden Springs bundle or Roaring Heights?

Hi!

I'm going to make use of the Origin 50% promo code while it lasts! BUT. I'm not sure which to get... the bundle with Monte Vista and Hidden Springs OR just Roaring Heights?! What do you the fellow simmers think are better and that have more to add to the game?

Thanks!

Comments

• napoleonwrassenapoleonwrasse Posts: 310 Member
    My favorite world is Roaring Heights. It is beautiful and has apartments downtown (different from the LN kind but still awesome). I also like the art deco theme and the 20s style fixer-upper car. But if you don't like art deco or a 1930s Miami feel it's probably not one to buy.

I do play Monte Vista a lot. I love the theme of an old Italian village. The pizza oven is nice if you like the cooking skill.

I do also like the mountains and rustic houses in Hidden Springs and I have played there some and enjoyed it. The fountain of youth is not something I personally use a lot.

Honestly, all three are beautiful worlds and are lots of fun. I think it just depends on which style you like best whether it be a mountain lake, an old Italian village, or an art deco city on the beach.
    When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    I love Roaring Heights- it's my favorite world hands down. It's very well built and themed. The car with it is great and there's an amusement park add on you can pick up on sale during the Daily Double at the Sims 3 store as well- it fits right on the beach.

That said, Monte Vista is also a great world apart from the usual. It has a very well executed Italian feel, I use the pizza oven a lot and the bonus is you also get Hidden Springs! So that's two worlds and their attendant stuff for the price of one. That's a big draw.
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    I bought the Sims Medieval during this sale. I've never had much interest in it as I think it's not really going to be much of a "Sims" game but that said it was the base and the expansion for only 10 dollars. How bad can it be, lol. I thought my son might like it as well.
  • LBellLBell Posts: 3,511 Member
    Thank you both!
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    That's a tough comparison. I've played HS and MV at least once (and HS several times). Both can be quite beautiful and have distinctive architecture which makes them unique. I don't use the Fountain of Youth either, and only occasionally use the Wood Fire Oven. For $10 (with the current promotion) you get 2 worlds to play in.

I just bought the gold version of RH yesterday, so don't have any experience with that world. The standard version comes with the fixer upper car, which I'm interested in using immediately. For $10 though I think two worlds is better than one unless you really are into the art deco theme.

The gold version of RH adds a few outfits (which you download separately) and comes with 1900 simpoints. With the current promotion it's only $7.50 more than the standard version; that's a pretty good deal for the simpoints. The associated venue for RH, the Boardwalk, is 969 simpoins on the Daily Deal. If you purchase it that way you'll end up with almost 1000 points leftover to buy other things from the Store. And the Boardwalk can be used in any world. I bought the Boardwalk on the DD a month or so ago. It's ok. There's not that much to do on the lot other than the roller coasters. I haven't really used it much.

You can use the ORIGIN50 code multiple times, just FYI. If you have to chose one or the other I'd go for the gold version of RH for more stuff to add to the game (no matter how you spend the simpoints) and I'd go for the Worlds Bundle for more worlds to play in. Depends on what you value more: worlds or objects.
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    I got the HS/MV bundle on sale on disc at WalMart for $10, so if you could still do that then buying Roaring Heights in the Origin sale might be better, 'cause you can't get that one on disc.
  • LBellLBell Posts: 3,511 Member
    @TreyNutz Wow thanks! I didn't know you could use it more than once. :o

@Stdlr9 Thank you!
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited September 2016
    LBell wrote: »
    @TreyNutz Wow thanks! I didn't know you could use it more than once. :o

Yep! There's no cart in Origin now (that I could find), you buy everything individually. I bought Roaring Heights, Dragon Valley, and Barnacle Bay and used the code with each purchase at check out. I was thinking of getting Mass Effect 3 too, but I don't see myself playing it in the near future so I'll hold off.
    Post edited by TreyNutz on