Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No internet, can't go on origin offline mode to start the sims 4

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    the Install log in seems to not be registering, and you do have to Log in Online, then take it OFFLINE while still actually connected to the internet, then wait a minute or two, just to be sure the server got it.

I know it's being a major pain, about lots of things for lots of people.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    TimedyeTimedye Posts: 5 New Member
    Whatever numpty came up with the Offline Mode for Origin ought to be sacked.

The fact that you have to "log in once" in order to use the Offline Mode is absurd, particularly since it doesn't seem to realize whether you've actually logged in or not. The whole reason I want to use offline mode is because I can't download the stupid Origin update (I have an extremely limited bandwidth cap where I live, and only have a small window to download things like updates) but it keeps telling me I need to log in online "once" before I can use offline mode. This in spite of the fact that I was logged into Origin less than 12 hours prior to the update needing to be downloaded.

DRM doesn't bother me in general, until it becomes a hindrance for customers who've actually paid for the thing.
  • Options
    ashleyl2203ashleyl2203 Posts: 322 Member
    Hello, we have been having internet outages so I wish to play the sims 4 offline. I was able to fine yesterday but today origin won't let me log in and play due to a lack of Internet. I obviously own this game and have connected before so how can I get this working. It's endlessly frustrating. Thanks for any help!

**Edit: I "solved" it by using my phone as a hotspot allowing origin to connect just so it could go into offline mode. I don't know if there's another fix.

I had the same issue. So frustrating! But I did the same thing and used my phone as a hotspot. Luckily it worked!
  • Options
    SpecterCodySpecterCody Posts: 602 Member
    @Timedye thats the problem with DRM. Its a nuisance at best for the consumer. Investors just have to have their way and that means bloating our games with it.
  • Options
    TerrenceWorldTerrenceWorld Posts: 18 New Member
    I am having the same problem do I always need to be online or can I play the game I paid for offline.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    I am having the same problem do I always need to be online or can I play the game I paid for offline.

Hello
    You can play the game offline, but you need to log on once in online mode, then set it to offline mode. From then on you should be able to log onto origin in offline mode and play the game.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited January 2017
    I have just checked again, went offline, restarted the laptop - takes a bit more time if Windows 10 offline and checked whether this information is right. In my personal experience you do not have to log in online and I don't know why people have problems - if they have Windows 10 that is.
    My experience....

I still kept the laptop offline and clicked the Sims4 icon I had moved onto the bottom taskbar. The Origin sign in box came up (still offline) and then Sims 4 started up. When getting the Start screen I was told I was offline but could still start and play the game as normal.

You can still see and access your own Library houses but if you want to go online you have to close the game down and go online and restart the game again.

Is the problem with other Simmers that they have deleted their "cookies" or otherwise their settings are barring the game?
  • Options
    Marco50Marco50 Posts: 83 Member
    I have a similar problem.

If I play online, the game recognizes all the packs that I've bought, but after vampires if I play offline, only the base game works. All these if I play offline.

I'm repairing the game now, but I don't like to play online.
  • Options
    Emberella90Emberella90 Posts: 1 New Member
    I was updating the Sims 4, and at 95% it stopped downloading and it went in offline mode. Now I cant figure out how to go back online
  • Options
    I was updating the Sims 4, and at 95% it stopped downloading and it went in offline mode. Now I cant figure out how to go back online

Hello @Emberella90
    Log into Origin, click on the origin label at the top left hand side of the screen , and click the option to go online from the drop down menu list.
  • Options
    RahsheelRahsheel Posts: 1 New Member
    So, I can't seem to be able to play anything in Origin offline mode. I have no internet, but I have done all of these things:
    - Uninstalled and reinstalled Origin
    - - Logged in on internet connection elsewhere after reinstalling origin
    - - Checked to see if offline mode would work after going into airplane mode on my laptop (and my games did pop up even in offline mode)

But now I still encounter this problem of "Origin login is currently unavailable" and "Well that didn't go as planned" once Origin opens. All of this happened with the most recent update in Origin 10. So is it the update? Because I've done all of this post-updat and I'm getting nowhere.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Rahsheel wrote: »
    So, I can't seem to be able to play anything in Origin offline mode. I have no internet, but I have done all of these things:
    - Uninstalled and reinstalled Origin
    - - Logged in on internet connection elsewhere after reinstalling origin
    - - Checked to see if offline mode would work after going into airplane mode on my laptop (and my games did pop up even in offline mode)

But now I still encounter this problem of "Origin login is currently unavailable" and "Well that didn't go as planned" once Origin opens. All of this happened with the most recent update in Origin 10. So is it the update? Because I've done all of this post-updat and I'm getting nowhere.

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having this issue. When you logged into Origin elsewhere when online, did you put it into offline mode then?
    If you are able to, try taking your computer again to somewhere you can access the Internet, log on to origin on line. Put it into offline mode there, then exit origin. Then test to see if the issue remains whilst at that place , away from home.
    When testing at home, unplug the router from the wall, and see if that helps.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Origin now has a grey box saying "connecting to Origin" when I load it. I can't load it offline though.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    BabySquare wrote: »
    Origin now has a grey box saying "connecting to Origin" when I load it. I can't load it offline though.

Hello
    Are you able to connect to Origin on-line? If you are, try putting Origin into offline mode then, then test to see if you can load it when you don't have any normal connection to the internet.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello
    Are you able to connect to Origin on-line? If you are, try putting Origin into offline mode then, then test to see if you can load it when you don't have any normal connection to the internet.

Yeah I'm able to connect online, but if I'm offline I can't sign in, and if I'm already signed in I can't load the game.
  • Options

Hello

Yeah I'm able to connect online, but if I'm offline I can't sign in, and if I'm already signed in I can't load the game.

I am sorry that you are having this issue. There was a new origin update today, so if you haven't already updated, try doing that and see if that helps.
  • Options

Hello

I am sorry that you are having this issue. There was a new origin update today, so if you haven't already updated, try doing that and see if that helps.

I'll update and see how it is.

Thanks rosemow :)
  • Options

Hello

I'll update and see how it is.

Thanks rosemow :)

You're welcome :)
  • Options
    I updated it but for some reason if I'm offline the connecting to Origin messages just stays there and nothing happens. I'll try clearing the cache later, see if that helps.
  • Options
    I updated it but for some reason if I'm offline the connecting to Origin messages just stays there and nothing happens. I'll try clearing the cache later, see if that helps.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling origin and see if that helps.
  • Options
    tank17tank17 Posts: 2 New Member
    its really weird that it did that glad to see you fixed it
  • Options
    KirterryKirterry Posts: 4 New Member
    I am extremely upset with Origin and EA itself. I've been playing my game for 2 years without any problems until a couple of days ago. I try logging into Origin but for the past 3 days it keeps saying the internet connection is unavailable. I have spent well over a 100 dollars on this game and for this to be happening is unacceptable. I've tried changing the firewall settings, proxy server settings, resetting the computer, removing mods, clearing the catch etc..Absolutely nothing works!
  • Options
    Kirterry wrote: »
    I am extremely upset with Origin and EA itself. I've been playing my game for 2 years without any problems until a couple of days ago. I try logging into Origin but for the past 3 days it keeps saying the internet connection is unavailable. I have spent well over a 100 dollars on this game and for this to be happening is unacceptable. I've tried changing the firewall settings, proxy server settings, resetting the computer, removing mods, clearing the catch etc..Absolutely nothing works!

Hello @Kirterry
    I am sorry that you are having issues with origin.
    Try uninstalling and reinstalling origin and see if that helps.