As it appears there is some confusion about what is going on with the Ask a Guru thread and communications I thought I would help to have one post to go to that helps to clarify some things.
I am a lover of lists so let's start with the Ask a Guru thread... here we go:
1. Ask a Guru thread is being put on hiatus for now. We are in full swing of our The Sims 4 City Living Campaign and are focused on communications for that. It will be back once we have time to focus on it but for now it will remain closed as the team only has so much time to work on the game and answer questions about the EP that we don't want to add another thing on their plate.
2. Questions in that thread will be answered as we are able to get to them and I will be reorganizing it as I wasn't expecting to get so many questions from so many of you so quickly! It's really great that you want more insights about development and we are always happy to share where we can.
3. Also for extra clarification: No one is being punished for things here, the team simply does not have a lot of bandwidth between working on the game and SimGuru obligations so we try to be conscious of how much time we ask of them for things not directly related to their day to day. The "things that happened while I was away and decisions were made that I must respect when I get back" was us shifting the focus from Ask a Guru to EP communications --couldn't really say that then though XD.
Now on to the Community Engagement / Communications:
1. Over the last few months things have been getting heated by a lot of people in the community (I am not excluded from this by any means) but I know that this community is better than that. One of the main areas of contention was the confusion of what is considered speculation / rumor and what is fact as some would like to ruffle feathers by creating unnecessary threads. I opened the new Speculation / Rumors section as an area where those types of threads could be housed to keep areas like General Discussion free from incorrect information and more constructive conversation.
2. In order to create a more welcoming and constructive atmosphere we will be making a lot of adjustments to both moderation, our forum rules, and looking at ways we can all build up more positive engagement between us all (remember that "positive engagement" doesn't mean "sunshine and rainbows" it means that you all respect your differences and understand that while someone doesn't share the same opinion as you it doesn't mean they shouldn't be treated with respect - that goes for when you are engaging with the Studio, myself, the moderators, or each other).
If you would like to give suggestions on ways you feel we can help build a more welcoming space for you please feel free to comment below, or send me a PM if you feel more comfortable giving suggestions privately, as this is a group effort between you and us.