Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

macOS thread - now including 10.14 Mojave

Comments

• lilly6327lilly6327 Posts: 6 New Member
    @BluebellFlora I don't have any mods. i'd like to just get my game back to the way it was when I first bought it. If there is something i can delete off my computer, and then have it reinstall itself, like with the other camera mode, i'd like to just do that.
  • lilly6327lilly6327 Posts: 6 New Member
    nvr mind. I just deleted all my saves and that worked
  • littlehelplittlehelp Posts: 29 Member
    do any of you have windows 7 and know how to fix origin from the update of this year
  • littlehelplittlehelp Posts: 29 Member
    if you know i need help
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    littlehelp wrote: »
    if you know i need help

Post in the main Technical forum, this is the Mac forum.

apple-signature.png
  • Arham_shreyaArham_shreya Posts: 1 New Member
    hello I am the biggest female fan of sims 4.. can anyonehere who can make my simself in sims 4
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    This is the Mac Help thread for the latest update to the Mac OS. You probably want to pose that question to someone in the General Discussion section of Sims 4.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • ItsAllEquineItsAllEquine Posts: 2 New Member
    It is
  • aidansaysaidansays Posts: 49 Member
    It worked the first time I tried to play the sims on MacOS Sierra.
  • HyunHeeHyunHee Posts: 390 Member
    edited December 2016
    I'm inded getitng tired of this...i might just stop playing sims 4 altogether. I tired doing this /watch?v=ZRX2I2hwP1U&safe=active and it dosen't work. I'm updating my mac if this dosen't work sadly I'm done...Other people and myself shouldn't have to go this mess.I keep getting glossy sims in cas and glitching color icons and I spend the past few thinkings thinking it was cc but it turn it it wasn't. I uninstal sims 4 then reinstall twice and still nothing.

http://prntscr.com/dhx6nc
    http://prnt.sc/dhx6so
    2vc864m.jpg

I'm inded getitng tired of this...i might just stop playing sims 4 altogether. I tired doing this /watch?v=ZRX2I2hwP1U&safe=active and it dosen't work. I'm updating my mac if this dosen't work sadly I'm done...Other people and myself shouldn't have to go this mess.I keep getting glossy sims in cas and glitching color icons and I spend the past few thinkings thinking it was cc but it turn it it wasn't. I uninstal sims 4 then reinstall twice and still nothing.

I've no idea what you tried to do but your iMacs specs. aren't very powerful. Upping to 8Gb RAM may help but your AMD graphics card is on the low side. If you haven't already, lower all your graphics settings in game to the minimum and cull your CC.

The shiny Sims are related to specific CC. Move out your CC, repair your game and see if it still happens.

apple-signature.png
  • HyunHeeHyunHee Posts: 390 Member

I've no idea what you tried to do but your iMacs specs. aren't very powerful. Upping to 8Gb RAM may help but your AMD graphics card is on the low side. If you haven't already, lower all your graphics settings in game to the minimum and cull your CC.

The shiny Sims are related to specific CC. Move out your CC, repair your game and see if it still happens.

Thank you so much! But it seems like just updating my mac did the trick.
    2vc864m.jpg

• SimsterlingSimsterling Posts: 12 New Member
    Okay so the graphics in my sims game get all crazy and glitchy and then my cursor goes to that multicolored 'busy' Icon and it does one of 2 things, freezes to the point where I have to force quit or just crashes altogether. I don't know why it is doing this, I have 8GB RAM, a 2.7GHz Intel Core i5 and Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB This buggy stuff started happening yesterday I usually have retina display on in game settings (I mean I paid $1700 for this laptop so I'm gonna use it) and I did not have laptop mode on. So now I have to take off retina display and enable laptop mode and MAYBE the game will work. I've had Sierra for a while so I'm really confused, did I screw up my graphics card somehow?
  • ElleauraineElleauraine Posts: 1 New Member
    Would the Sims 4 work on my Mac?

I have a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
    Processor: 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
    Graphics: Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB
    and I use macOS Sierra

I'm mainly concerned about the graphics on my computer, I am fairly certain that they won't work with the Sims 3, but I would like to know if it is worth it to get the Sims 4.
  • drjmoowdrjmoow Posts: 52 Member
    I like the Sims 4, the game plot and features. I do wish that CAS is as creative as he Sims 3, but other than that I really don't have any major complaints. This thread called,The Sims 3 vs The Sims 4, might help you make a choice, good luck!
    edited January 2017
    Would the Sims 4 work on my Mac?

I have a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
    Processor: 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
    Graphics: Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB
    and I use macOS Sierra

I'm mainly concerned about the graphics on my computer, I am fairly certain that they won't work with the Sims 3, but I would like to know if it is worth it to get the Sims 4.

Please note that MacBooks are not gaming computers. While the base game for Sims 4 may run fine, the more expansions, stuff packs and game packs you add may slow down or even make the game become unplayable. Since you haven't said how much RAM you have, you should have at least 8GBs to run the game ok.

As for Sims 3 since you have a newer Mac, you could may be run the base game and one or two expansions. Please note that the newer graphics cards are not recognized and you will have graphics errors with Sims 3.
  • melissa_be588melissa_be588 Posts: 52 Member
    I've recently updated to Sierra (Mac Pro 13" - 2.7Ghz i5) and my game works perfectly. I have all expansions, stuff packs, HEAPS of CC and no issues at all. The only issue I have experienced (but I don't think that's anything to do with the upgrade) is my photos I take in game show black and not a photo if I place it in the game.
    Head on over to mellycreatessims.wordpress.com and hit follow for the chance to win BOTH Vintage Glamour & Vampires! Winner will be drawn March 31st.
  • simmerBensusimmerBensu Posts: 1 New Member
    TS3 is not opening now! It's time to uninstall it because there is no way left to fix it...
    TS3 is not opening now! It's time to uninstall it because there is no way left to fix it...

There is a Sims3 help section for the Mac. Please click on the Forum Topic Help Section and then on the Mac Discussions. When you post there, please include what kind of Mac you have, what version of the OS you are running and how much RAM you have.
  • megbot13megbot13 Posts: 1 New Member
    hey, so i'm not exactly sure if my issue is due to me updating to Sierra, but i think it has something to do with it. Now every time my game updates, i'll play & save, but when i go back into the game it makes me restart everything as if i just purchased the game and nothing is saved. I'll play for hours, build houses and create families and save the game 3 times, but once i go back into the game everything is gone & i have to restart. hopefully someone can help with this issue..
    megbot13 wrote: »
    hey, so i'm not exactly sure if my issue is due to me updating to Sierra, but i think it has something to do with it. Now every time my game updates, i'll play & save, but when i go back into the game it makes me restart everything as if i just purchased the game and nothing is saved. I'll play for hours, build houses and create families and save the game 3 times, but once i go back into the game everything is gone & i have to restart. hopefully someone can help with this issue..

You need to change your iCloud Drive settings as your Documents folder has most likely been moved to iCloud. Please read this thread at EA's AHQ for more information and help on how to change the settings back.
    apple-signature.png
  • Marinegirl721Marinegirl721 Posts: 3 New Member
    Roxy7239 wrote: »
    Hello all, apologies if this has been covered - I have been going through all threads to find a solution to my problem but havent yet found one. I have recently re-installed the sims 3 back on my mac through Origin and manually (as origin asked to do this - some I have bought through origin and the rest I have on disc), it installed all smoothly but when clicking to play it seems to try to load and then I get the message - an unknown error has occurred. It does this with whichever expansion pack I try to load. I currently have MacOS Sierra but I have seen on most comments that Sims 3 seems to load and run smoothly so I am not quite sure what could be the issue. Although recently in the last year I have had issue with the Sims 4 having a lot bugs and crashes, but that is a different issue altogether - hopefully not related to re-installing sims 3. Hopefully you can all help? Online there isnt much to do with the sims 3 and sierra not working so hoping to get it sorted somehow. I did see on a different thread that possibly installing manually with the discs and not through origin could work? Thanks!

This is my mac details:
    macOS Sierra

Version - 10.12.1 Beta (16B2333a)
    iMac (27-inch, Late 2012)
    Processor - 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory - 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Startup disk - Macintosh HD
    Graphics - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M 512 MB

Hey Roxy! This exact same thing happened to me. I spent about 4 hours total on the phone with EA customer service and finally got it fixed. All I did was create a new/additional user account on my mac, re-download origin to that new "sims" user account, logged into origin and now I can play the Sims 3! I hope this works for you! I have a Macbook Air running Sierra :)
  • mlooch28mlooch28 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey guys! So after the update, I've been having some issues when running The Sims 4. Before, my framerate was pretty good. I got on average 50-55fps. I just wanted to know what are the best graphic settings to get the best fps.

These are my mac details:
    macOS Sierra

Version - MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
    Processor - 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory - 8 GB 18767 MHz DDR3
    Graphics - Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

Thanks alot guys!
  • shauna123xoshauna123xo Posts: 5 New Member
    hi, sorry but can somebody please go to my profile and read my latest post as I am desperate for help.
    Thanks x
  • sunnyleonesunnyleone Posts: 3 New Member
    Roxy7239 wrote: »
    Hello all, apologies if this has been covered - I have been going through all threads to find a solution to my problem but havent yet found one. I have recently re-installed the sims 3 back on my mac through Origin and manually (as origin asked to do this - some I have bought through origin and the rest I have on disc), it installed all smoothly but when clicking to play it seems to try to load and then I get the message - an unknown error has occurred. It does this with whichever expansion pack I try to load. I currently have MacOS Sierra but I have seen on most comments that Sims 3 seems to load and run smoothly so I am not quite sure what could be the issue. Although recently in the last year I have had issue with the Sims 4 having a lot bugs and crashes, but that is a different issue altogether - hopefully not related to re-installing sims 3. Hopefully you can all help? Online there isnt much to do with the sims 3 and sierra not working so hoping to get it sorted somehow. I did see on a different thread that possibly installing manually with the discs and not through origin could work? Thanks!

This is my mac details:
    macOS Sierra

Version - 10.12.1 Beta (16B2333a)
    iMac (27-inch, Late 2012)
    Processor - 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory - 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M 512 MB

The Admirable Crichton or The AC as we are known to our friends and clients has organised admirable-crichton.co.uk/ "]Venue Hire London[/url] many of the world’s Venue Hire London most spectacular, beautiful and fun events Venue Hire London since we opened our doors in 1981. This vast wealth of experience, knowledge and creativity ensures each AC Venue Hire London is memorable, flawless and unforgettable. Each event is individually planned with the attention to detail that has made us famous; from a small, intimate dinner or reception, to a large party for hundreds of guests. Nothing daunts our fabulous team.