Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

macOS thread - now including 10.14 Mojave

Comments

• Blaze_BardBlaze_Bard Posts: 93 Member
    Lately, when I've been logging into Origin, I've been getting notifications that sometime soon Origin will stop supporting the Mac OS that I use. I want to upgrade to Sierra, but I'm worried about losing data. Not necessarily my saved games; I'm only really using one of my saves right now and I'm getting a bit bored with it, so I wouldn't mind starting that over. I'm more worried about my builds and my CAS creations that I've uploaded to The Gallery or saved in My Library to revisit at a later date. I plan on backing up my computer before upgrading my OS, but I'm still concerned that I might lose stuff I put a lot of effort into and then not be able to get them back.
    "Good night -- even if you don't have a good knight." -- Ace Niles, Space Case
  • briannateresebriannaterese Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello everyone! I'm having some issues with my display as well. Please help if you can. Sorry if this was a repeated question. I'm having trouble navigating this forum. You most certainly can direct me to a link if it's already been answered.

My specs are as followed...
    MacBook Pro (Retina, 15")
    Processor: 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7
    Graphics: Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

My issue is as followed...
    I am currently using Quicktime Player to record fullscreen gameplay of TS4. I haven't had any trouble until I got to iMovie to edit my video. There are black bars on the sides of my video OR if I crop them out it cuts off the top and bottom of the video.
    As far as I could find, you can set the display settings on the computer to a certain resolution and it will eliminate these. But I believe the resolutions given are for the 13" as they are not an option on my computer (i.e. setting the display to 1280 x 720 - the option I have is 1280 x 800). I even tried changing the resolution in the game itself (menu>game options>graphics>resolution) but nothing seems to work.
    Is there a way for me to fix this or do I always have to either display my video with black bars on the sides or the top/bottom cropped out?

Thank you so much in advance!
  • XxN_MxXXxN_MxX Posts: 27 Member
    SIMS 4 GAME LAGS CONSTANTLY

CANT PLAY IT... SOMEONE HELP

HERE IS MY DXDIAG

https://pastebin.com/U70UESh4

Thankyou
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    XxN_MxX wrote: »
    SIMS 4 GAME LAGS CONSTANTLY

CANT PLAY IT... SOMEONE HELP

HERE IS MY DXDIAG

https://pastebin.com/U70UESh4

Thankyou

This is a Mac forum. For people who use Apple Mac computers :)
    apple-signature.png
  • Mergeek92Mergeek92 Posts: 2 New Member
    Bluebellflora I have read many of your post and I am curious if you can help me! I have a late 2011 Macbook Pro 15in and it runs on the latest Sierra. I am new to the MAC world and would love to play my Sims 3 again. I have tried to install it a few times and always get the same error telling me it can't open. I am not sure if it can be played or even fixed to work. Please help if you can. If not it isn't the end of the world as I have Sims 4 and it works fine!
    Mergeek92 wrote: »
    Bluebellflora I have read many of your post and I am curious if you can help me! I have a late 2011 Macbook Pro 15in and it runs on the latest Sierra. I am new to the MAC world and would love to play my Sims 3 again. I have tried to install it a few times and always get the same error telling me it can't open. I am not sure if it can be played or even fixed to work. Please help if you can. If not it isn't the end of the world as I have Sims 4 and it works fine!

This may help - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-Unknown-Error-issue-in-Sims-3-in-El-Capitan-Sierra/m-p/5725514#U5725514
    apple-signature.png
  • nykspadenykspade Posts: 13 New Member
    i'm new to mac but not sims, well sms 4 kinda. just got it on origin. because my MacBook Pro doesn't have a cd drive. only played for a few hours but it works great. need to mess around with graphic settings a little.

my specs:

MacBook Pro 13'' Retina Display
    2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
    8GB RAM/128GB ROM
    Intel Iris Graphics 6100
    macOS Sierra 10.12.6
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Welcome. You will have to buy the digital copies of Sims 4 to play on your Mac. However if you bought the disks to play on your Windows machines, you should be able to register the CD keys from the game and then download a copy digitally on your Mac.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • katarinaakatarinaa Posts: 12 New Member
    Hello,
    I have already posted this a couple of times but still haven't found a solution. I am having a problem with my CC hair. I see it's a common glitch, the blonde streaks, and the solution is to turn laptop mode off. But my problem is that laptop mode is off and has been even before the glitch started and the blonde streaks appear even in CAS. I tried turning laptop mode on, restarting the game, then turning it off again and restarting. Nothing. I saw a simmer who also had this problem and fixed it by turning the mode off and changing the settings up a bit, so I changed them in the same way, but still nothing. I also tried a few other things such as repairing the game, removed the Options.ini file, removed all cc I added around the time this happened and it's still here. I just removed all cc and only put one cc hair and the blonde streaks weren't there and then i returned all cc i had up until july 9 (this problem appeared on july 11) and they appeared again. What else can I do? Please help
    katarinaa wrote: »
    Hello,
    I have already posted this a couple of times but still haven't found a solution. I am having a problem with my CC hair. I see it's a common glitch, the blonde streaks, and the solution is to turn laptop mode off. But my problem is that laptop mode is off and has been even before the glitch started and the blonde streaks appear even in CAS. I tried turning laptop mode on, restarting the game, then turning it off again and restarting. Nothing. I saw a simmer who also had this problem and fixed it by turning the mode off and changing the settings up a bit, so I changed them in the same way, but still nothing. I also tried a few other things such as repairing the game, removed the Options.ini file, removed all cc I added around the time this happened and it's still here. I just removed all cc and only put one cc hair and the blonde streaks weren't there and then i returned all cc i had up until july 9 (this problem appeared on july 11) and they appeared again. What else can I do? Please help

You should really contact the CC creator as it is 3rd party content you've added into the game. Perhaps the CC is too high poly for your Mac? Some creator's CC is crazily high so computers with lower end graphics struggle to render properly. Does your Mac have Intel graphics? Do you have a link to the hair?
    apple-signature.png
    @BluebellFlora I don't know which cc is causing the problem since all of my alpha hairs aren't working, along with kijiko's 3d lashes. Maybe I have some cc with really high poly but is there a way for me to check which one? Yes it has Intel graphics.
    @BluebellFlora I don't know which cc is causing the problem since all of my alpha hairs aren't working, along with kijiko's 3d lashes. Maybe I have some cc with really high poly but is there a way for me to check which one? Yes it has Intel graphics.

The best creators post the poly counts of their creations. Check their sites to see if they do. I have no idea what alpha hairs are I'm afraid as I only use build/buy CC.
    apple-signature.png
    @BluebellFlora yeah I know but before I didn't really care about poly counts, I mean I didn't even know what it was, so I didn't pay attention and now I can't really go and search each of the 6k cc to see how many poly counts they each have. Also I don't know how familiar you are with Sims4Studio but even there the blonde streaks appear, I don't use it but I have it and went there to test and a random hair I chose had the glitch. Alpha hairs are the CC hairs creators make, not the clay ones you already get in game, but the more realistic looking ones.
    @BluebellFlora yeah I know but before I didn't really care about poly counts, I mean I didn't even know what it was, so I didn't pay attention and now I can't really go and search each of the 6k cc to see how many poly counts they each have. Also I don't know how familiar you are with Sims4Studio but even there the blonde streaks appear, I don't use it but I have it and went there to test and a random hair I chose had the glitch. Alpha hairs are the CC hairs creators make, not the clay ones you already get in game, but the more realistic looking ones.

Aah ok. So alpha hairs will be much higher poly count than the EA ones.

I am familiar with Sims4Studio as I use it to make CC object recolours for my game. But as I have no interest in Sims themselves I've never used it for CAS items. I still think you're better off contacting the creator, or how about posting a message in the S4S forum? They're gods when it comes to any kind of CC issue :)
    apple-signature.png
    @BluebellFlora I will do that, thank you! :)
  • ashrajashraj Posts: 2 New Member
    Yes,...
  • Lesfem420Lesfem420 Posts: 32 Member
    since the update all my cc doesn't work. I don't use the household mods, just the clothes and hair, but most of my sims are naked and bald walking around the town :(:'( Im going to have to dress them all again, quite annoying :(
    Did you check the show CC/Mods option in the Game Options? This always is turned off when you update your game.
  • nellynell1nellynell1 Posts: 2 New Member
    Mines updated on it own and everytime i start it , it freezes an says not responding, i took the sims4 folder out an it works fine , is it my mods? I cant even find my saves
    It probably is your Mods as they may now conflict with any updates to the game. Your saved games are in your Sims 4 folder in the folder called "Saves".
  • rubybryantrubybryant Posts: 2 New Member
    How do you start a Discussion, i'm new to the forums.
    I think you have to be a member to post a new thread. Not sure if that's the case or not.
  • swillflyswillfly Posts: 54 Member
    Wow! That's wonderful! Keep up the good work team! (I think I need mebbe 20 more likes to be a real peeple-person and be able to post)
    Would you like some breakfast?
  • katkategal1katkategal1 Posts: 44 Member
    So I shouldn't update?
  • Animelover3382Animelover3382 Posts: 1 New Member
    :))))