Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Senior High Cycle 4: Model Bootcamp - WINNER ANNOUNCED

BeechNutBabyBeechNutBaby Posts: 14,439 Member
XTtwOYc.png

Welcome to a new cycle of Senior High!

This is a fun, laid back story-based competition. That means you will need to develop an interesting character for this competition and keep us interested throughout. This is also a non-elimination competition - so be prepared to stick around until graduation day.

Due to this being a non-elimination and story-based competition, we will only have 8 assignments with the final 3 being more fashion-based.

This cycle's theme is Modeling Bootcamp, as you probably could have guessed from the title. That means for assignments 1-5 you will be required to produce story-based photos that will involve some sort of mishap or adventure during your model's bootcamp stay. The final three assignments will be fashion-based and will be your model's chance to show us what she's learned.

Writing creative mini-stories is required, but you don't have to be perfect at writing. As long as you give us a good and interesting paragraph that relates to your image in some way, you'll do just fine in this competition!

h09MJAh.png
No negativity of any kind - this includes belittling yourself
Copying is strictly prohibited
You may draw your own clothing and items
You may use stock photos as backgrounds
You may use real life objects and edit them into your photos
Editing is recommended, but not required
No Re-submissions are allowed. Once you post your image, that's the image I use for judging!
Writing mini stories is part of this competition, but you don't have to be a perfect writer to succeed
Extensions are allowed if asked for at least 24 hours in advance
2 day extensions MAX
You'll have 10 days for each assignment
Deadlines are Pacific Standard times, adjust accordingly
Have fun!

nyPC7L3.png
qEAlpMj.png

NEEDS TO CHECK IN

CHECKED IN

ASSIGNMENT SUBMITTED
Jendowoz0612 & Sabi Chandra
Chell & Kit Kerrigan
NShippudenFan & Delilah Lothario
Vid & Ashley Owens
Lionpaws & Lachlan Maguire

Extensions Granted

F5sem4q.png
DOCsLUu.pngJ7T8RJV.png

6rj4Q13.png
Post edited by BeechNutBaby on

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2017
    t77uFv7.png

ASSIGNMENT 8: PORTFOLIO PIC 3 ~ GODDESS

Dear students,

Great work, yet again, on your second round of portfolio photos. Keep up the great work - this is the final portfolio picture that you will be creating! Once it's over, the deans will judge all three photos as a whole portfolio and determine an overall winner!

You may be wondering how you did on your "make a statement" images and where our comments are...well, here's the thing - your final 3 assignments will be compiled into one portfolio that will be judged using a special portfolio rubric. You will not know how well you did until the finale and that's when the Valedictorian of Senior High will be announced. So keep working this last assignment and you'll most likely be pleasantly surprised.

Now, we're down to your final week at Senior High. It's time to show us some of the techniques you learned along the way and develop a final portfolio that you will graduate with and use in interviews.

Your task this round is to create a photo of your model in as a high fashion goddess. You can choose whichever goddess you like, but it cannot duplicate any other contestant's entry. So, it'll probably be a good idea to reserve your goddess ahead of time or be prepared to do a whole new photo if someone submits something that you were wanting to do.

This is now your chance to create a polished finished high fashion photo, you may still write a mini-story, but our focus now is your photo.[/b]

Requirements
    ONE Photo
    Very Short Mini Story/Biography (optional)
    High Fashion Goddess

EXAMPLE
    Mn1Qg5s.jpg
    DEADLINE: JANUARY 20TH

r1M6aHk.png
    This competition runs with NO scoring rubric. It goes based off of a mathematical ranking system between the judges. So you will not see a scoring rubric, but rather comments from the judges and your final rank will be listed in a secret surprise slideshow!

FINAL PORTFOLIO RUBRIC
    Judges will touch on the following topics in their comments and judging:
    • Evolution of model - how well has the model grown from day 1 to now?
    • Mastery of portfolio requirements - how did they do in regards to modeling techniques required?
    • Creativity of portfolio - how creative and diverse were their images?
    • Quality of portfolio - how professional and high quality are their images?

How will you determine a winner?
    Once the competition concludes, I'll look back on the ranks for all assignments. I'll add up rank points and determine who was most consistently on top.

Hjoa9y4.png
    DUE TO FORUM LIMITATIONS, ALL STORIES WILL BE HELD ON A SEPARATE WEBSITE. ONLY PHOTOS WILL BE SHOWN BELOW.

You can read all stories HERE

Chell & Kit Kerrigan
    Artemis
    31972575620_2077902ccf_o.png

Lionpaws & Lachlan Maguire
    Aurora
    lachla17.jpg

Jendowoz0612 & Sabi Chandra
    Nefertiti
    UsgboPs.png

NShippudenFan & Delilah Lothario
    Demeter
    FESHeVp.jpg

Vid & Ashley Owens
    Ma'at
    32242946122_9c6d1bc8b5_o.png

6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    kPtPW6V.png

FIRST, SOME WORDS FROM BEECH:

Excellent job EVERYONE!! This was such a fun cycle of Senior High! I genuinely enjoyed watching all of your models grow and succeed differently. I think that this was a very tough finale to judge and I hope you all had as much fun as I did!

Signatures are posted in the spoiler. Don't click on the spoiler until after you've watched the slideshow!
    A5pROpe.png

f78svPa.png

mk3vPHC.png

mlBxivr.png

NOjRCT3.png

BGhGNsQ.png
    Click here if the button doesn't work.
    If neither of those links work, HERE is the link to the slideshow only.
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    ColorMePinkColorMePink Posts: 5,810 Member
    Yeessss I'm totally lurking this. <3
  • Options
    TEXASTWANGTONYATEXASTWANGTONYA Posts: 4,940 Member
    I love making teens so IF its OK I would like to Reserve! I am NEW SO hope I will do this properly I am in a few Comps but I cant Pass this UP being I LOVE making TEENS! Can It be Male or has to be Female Thanks for Hosting sounds so much FUN :)
  • Options
    @ColorMePink :: See my comment on Simmetry :wink:

@SimsORIGfan :: Yes you can reserve and male or female are both fine.
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options

:joy::joy::joy: I saw.

Noooo you can't make me. Well.....maybe. :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    Oops! Forgot the tag list after updating.
    Here ya go ladies and gents! Excited to see the stories for this comp!

@alexis3142 @themysticalpoet @Ash89 @Penguinwa101 @flubber32c4 @MajestycUnicorn @YJB19299 @picklesthecat114 @Zita1966z @ironknight35 @BobSkellington @psykt @MissBirdie @AshLenn @Kelebek @xJojox @HAROZ @pammiechick @dafadolly @Pebblycat @abelhinha35 @Meeshelby @Phoenix_Rainx @JenLadyBird88 @MizoreYukii @LilacErin @BeechNutBaby @ColorMePink @Vanadis @JKAmaryllis @InaMac69 @Sterretjeee @Chaos_Fairy @EmmaSmile @strawberrigurl @katniss9 @fabtiffsim @Jellysimwich @JennaCatz @ChloeDeCookie @gramatique @HappyPanda @natastic @KenzRe @Neverfalle @Jendowoz0612 @Spottydog714 @doicky96 @remi_narrow @CitizenErased14 @kittymeow @Klept0maniac94 @KARDASH1988 @NShippudenFan @peppergirl84 @wrswrs2 @SimsORIGfan @DancingQueen @m11kj @Shelby1234 @wbombje
  • Options
    Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    RationalMe: You don't have time for another competition!
    CreativeMe: I can make time...
    RationalMe: No, you can't, this year you will have more school work and you have more commitments.
    CreativeMe: But it's a story and non-elimination!
    RationalMe: That's irrelivant.
    CreativeMe: Shut up RationalMe, I'm entering this competition and you can't stop me!

Hehehe I hope that doesn't count as negativity, I'm not trying to be negative! So yes, I'll enter. Please reserve me a spot! :)
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • Options
    BronteDuffy96BronteDuffy96 Posts: 239 Member
    edited June 2018
    deleted
    Post edited by BronteDuffy96 on
  • Options
    GegeGege Posts: 2,548 Member
    All my contests are pretty lengthy in between assignments due to extensions so I think I can manage my favorite thing: storytelling! Woot! Please sign me up. :smiley:
    mWC1gjz.gif
  • Options
    NeverfalleNeverfalle Posts: 377 Member
    Ooooh. Can I reserve plz? :3
    Can't stop, won't stop.
  • Options
    chellemh29chellemh29 Posts: 2,492 Member
    I've been wanting to enter this one for so long....sigh. :(. Looks awesome beech!
    yhCWXCP.gif
  • Options

:joy::joy::joy: I saw.

Noooo you can't make me. Well.....maybe. :sweat_smile:

Ohhh yes I can :wink:

@MizoreYukii :: Thanks dear :)
    RationalMe: You don't have time for another competition!
    CreativeMe: I can make time...
    RationalMe: No, you can't, this year you will have more school work and you have more commitments.
    CreativeMe: But it's a story and non-elimination!
    RationalMe: That's irrelivant.
    CreativeMe: Shut up RationalMe, I'm entering this competition and you can't stop me!

Hehehe I hope that doesn't count as negativity, I'm not trying to be negative! So yes, I'll enter. Please reserve me a spot! :)

Haha no negativity received, I'm glad your creativeself took over :wink:

@doicky96 :: Yes of course!

@strawberrigurl :: You got it!

@Neverfalle :: Yes!
    chellemh29 wrote: »
    I've been wanting to enter this one for so long....sigh. :(. Looks awesome beech!

DOOOO IIIIIIITTT!!

6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    LilacErinLilacErin Posts: 3,884 Member
    I wanna do this so bad. I did want to take a break after MOTY is finished because school and *cough* drama *cough*. But ill have a think. I honestly can't resist your comps. THEYRE TOO. GOOOOD.
    I'm a sad girl. I'm a mad girl. I'm a bad girl.
    <3
  • Options
    chellemh29chellemh29 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Ok beech go ahead and reserve me. My computer is still messing with me, but I think I can manage ok. I've just wanted to do this to long to pass it up yet again.
    yhCWXCP.gif
  • Options
    I'm surprise you didn't put me down on the reserve list. *waits for it*
  • Options
    Wowww So Excited More have Signed UP I am STOKED about this Comp! Sorry New so dont know all names and "Forum Etiquette" Properly and How to Post my Comments Properly even :D:o:):'(
  • Options
    @Spottydog714
    @doicky96
    @strawberrigurl
    @Neverfalle

EXCITED to see all of you in this Comp! SO SO Excited :*
  • Options
    Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited September 2016
    I'm a storyteller and a writer so this comp will be fun to have a go at. So I'm happy to enter. I will enter a teen. Reserve me a spot please, @BeechNutBaby, thanks.

• Options
    @Jendowoz0612
    Yay cant wait to read your Stories ...... This will be SO much FUN **Excited** :D
  • Options
    @BeechNutBaby are we allowed to put in a ya and a teen? I was thinking of doing both, like a mother/daughter team.

• Options
    LilacErin wrote: »
    I wanna do this so bad. I did want to take a break after MOTY is finished because school and *cough* drama *cough*. But ill have a think. I honestly can't resist your comps. THEYRE TOO. GOOOOD.

I'd love to have you :)
    chellemh29 wrote: »
    Ok beech go ahead and reserve me. My computer is still messing with me, but I think I can manage ok. I've just wanted to do this to long to pass it up yet again.

I'm glad to have you back! I loved watching you in Memories and your style is awesome!
    @BeechNutBaby are we allowed to put in a ya and a teen? I was thinking of doing both, like a mother/daughter team.

One model per contestant please :) you can always include your teen's mom in her stories/scenarios, but we will only be judging one "student" for this competition.

6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    Darn you Beech for tricking me into doing another one of your amazing comps yet again. :p

*runs off to make a model and pen her next novel of a story entry*
  • Options
    Thanks will do a teen then, thanks, @BeechNutBaby.