Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why do you play the Sims?

2...Next

Comments

• Nancy01905Nancy01905 Posts: 3,929 Member
    I find playing the sims it takes away stress from work and other real life stuff. I enjoying making movies and stories with the sims as well
  • Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member
    You can do things that aren't possible in real life like getting a job or buying a house.
  • SummerjaseSummerjase Posts: 1,424 Member
    You can do things that aren't possible in real life like getting a job or buying a house.

I've seen this meme so many times. :smirk:
    giphy.gif
  • AdelineRobbinsAdelineRobbins Posts: 140 Member
    It fulfills my need to create stories. I keep a tumblr blog for it and that really helps my enjoyment of it. I love that it's such a quick and easy way to create a story when I have no ideas of what to actually write. It's a relaxing past-time from more serious worldbuilding. I let the Sims make their own story and I just document it. Such as not pre-planning spouses for my heirs. Just going with the flow with whoever they're attracted to. I love it when they find someone at the prom~

Also the obvious answer: escapism. We're not allowed to have pets right now, so I give all my households a species or two to raise and breed. Mostly dogs. I very much live through my Sims.
    "Fool," said my muse to me. "Look in thy heart and write."
    Kq8qeWk.png
    Wordpress
    Origin ID: Hoshicake
  • Egyptiansunsets3Egyptiansunsets3 Posts: 21 Member
    I like the Sims to re-create real places with a symbolism of history to it such as Pyramids of Meroe, located in Sudan and gardens resembled where I visit for inspiration. I love adding some type of realism to the game for others, but also creating crypts for Sims and to challenge others to read the descriptions in my builds, which provide you with hints on where to find death flowers, in case you run into cow plants.
  • Lady_ChilliLady_Chilli Posts: 157 Member
    So I can be creative and emerse myself in a world which I can mould.
  • SandpitturtleSandpitturtle Posts: 171 Member
    I like the sims because I can escape from reality. Enjoy creating stories or adventures, I can get lost.
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    edited April 2017
    One reason I like the Sims is because I can bring my characters to life and play them how I think they'd act. Also, one of my best friends is good at being creepy, so as a result I play creepy female Sims quite often. I'm weird lol.
  • Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    edited April 2017
    I won't get arrested for killing old people with too much sexy time then "inheriting their fortune".

Build Harems.

Making gardens of living statues out of paparazzi.

Travelling to Space to smuggle illegal aliens.

Obtaining immortality then replacing my head with furniture(Managed to replace it with a massive black void once)

Normal stuff :relaxed:

But in all seriousness building houses was what pulled me into Sims.
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • A_CullerA_Culler Posts: 1,133 Member
    I like playing games with brightly colored worlds that feature lots of customization. I'm a fan of more cartoonish looking games as well.
    Some of my favorite games are:

White Knight Chronicles 1 and 2
    Suikoden 1 and 2
    Dragon Quest 9
    Ledgend of Zelda OoT MM and BotW
    Sim 2 and 4

I'm currently enjoying Skylanders Imaginators, and even though it's a terrible cash grab of a game you can make some really awesome looking heroes.

I don't like FPS and difficult platformers because they are really frustrating for me. I also don't like games with depressing themes or game worlds (i.e. Fallout, The Last of Us)

I don't know what else to say so I'll end by posting a picture of a cake.

f9628fe466dbde785e709976000fe402.jpg
    Loneliness is a tax we have to pay to atone for a certain complexity of mind.

36187445662_5c73f737ed_c.jpg
    "I have yet to find a gold so pure that it's worth it's weight in dog."
  • GlacierGlacier Posts: 193 Member
    Basically, it is fun. I enjoyed trying out the CC costumes and building houses. I'm disappointed with the artificial intelligence of the sims. If the sims were smarter, there would be a lot more fun. But anyway, fun enough as a game.