Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your favorite store item?

I'm back to the Sims 3 after a long Sims 4 hiatus. And I'm rediscovering the store, DDs, cascades, etc... What is your favorite store content? I'm trying to figure out what I want to work towards, but I'm overwhelmed by all the potential content!

Comments

• Options
    TheStarlightSimmTheStarlightSimm Posts: 76 Member
    Hello and welcome back to the Sims 3! :)
    Well, there's definitely too much of the content to choose only one!

Talking about clothing, Everyday Casual Chic and Cool Summer Nights have the best pieces of clothes in my opinion!
    In furniture section, I use Contemporary Comfort and all the Ultra Lounge sets the most.
    My favorite and most used premium content is the greenhouse, I literally never play without it!
    And the best venue in my opinion is Serenity Retreat, while my favorite wolrd is Lucky Palms.

Those are just my favorites, but of course it all depends on what style of gameplay you like :smiley:

Tahnks to the sales and daily deals, you can get a lot of things really fast, so good luck with collecting! ;)
    My Wishlist
    77 Sets, 42 Premium content and 4 Wolrds away from owning the Store B)
  • Options
    HollyL73HollyL73 Posts: 1,452 Member
    The MultiTab 6000 is one thing that I give to most of my Sims. They can use it to learn different skills while they are doing other things, like watching TV or cooking or just walking around.

If your Sims have lots of babies, the Head Start Playpen and Local Motion Toddler Walker are great for teaching toddlers some skills. Both are featured items from the Tiny Prodigies Early Learning Center venue. I also like the Solace Snugabunny Deluxe Baby Swing and the Dirty No More Changing and Bathing Station.

The Wonderfully Woven Hanging Chair is pretty much somewhere in all of my Sim houses, I love that chair so much!
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I give the MultiTab 6000 to all my child sims if the household can afford it. The MultiTab makes homework fun, although children and teens won't finish if social or other needs are too low.

I also use the Swift-gro gardening station quite a bit. I usually have sims grow perfect harvestables and the Swift-gro makes that faster, and much easier to fertilize.

I also like to have the Super Sleeper around just in case I need a sim to replenish energy very quickly. I find it very useful at university.
  • Options
    napoleonwrassenapoleonwrasse Posts: 310 Member
    I use the multitab the most. With the nraas once read mod it'll have all the skills available not just the base game ones.

I absolutely love building roller coasters so the boardwalk set is also one of my favorites.

The baby swing is super useful and I use the greenhouse windows and roof a lot.

I also like any victorian or gothic themed objects since I love building victorian houses.

There is so much that I like that it's hard to choose. But those are what I probably use the most.
    When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
  • Options
    KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    I've got to agree with the MulitTab too, it's super handy.

I love the Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes Set, it's all cute and more baby stuff is always great.

And to be really random, the Wind Chimes are neat! They're kind of expensive for just one item, so wait until you get them on sale or something if you can. But they're fun to have to add a touch of realism to your world. Just a nice little chime sound now and then. Call me crazy, I just like it. :)
    giphy.gif

• Options
    wendyyi1wendyyi1 Posts: 579 Member
    I use the Excessinator Stove all the time in my games.
    The Store description doesn't tell you how good it is.
    It's self-cleaning and it helps your sims cook better meals. (i.e. even beginner cooks have a good chance of making a 'nice' meal). Although they'll still occasionally make 'horrifying' meals.
    I think it might also be fireproof (I've never had a fire with it). Best of all it is reasonably cheap to buy in-game.
  • Options
    JordanBrittJordanBritt Posts: 180 Member
    I just like to find 50's to late 70's inspired items. :smile:
    Sims-3-Sig.png
  • Options
    OpicanaOpicana Posts: 379 Member
    Thank you! There are some really great suggestions here! I will check out all these items!
  • Options
    KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    One of the few Store items that I nearly always instore is Ray's Blinds and the Morris curtains - because there aren't enough fitting curtains in the game.
    I use the SwiftGrow gardening station a lot. And the pizza oven. And the extra harvestables in the Bohemian set.

I love all the baby stuff - but I mostly love the animations and not the objects. So I use the ones from AroundTheSims most of the time.
  • Options
    Callum2000Callum2000 Posts: 802 Member
    I really like the toddler walker, playpen and multitab! They're super useful :)
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    overwhelmed is surely the right word for TS3 content :smile:

Toddler Walker, yeah, extremely practical, also the Playpen

i like also the Wood Fire Oven which is part of Monte Vista
    currently there is Street Couture in the DD which i like a lot too & i like also all the Steampunk stuff
    Old Miller Tea Time Tea Set is also great & Bohemian Garden

& some of the furniture sets are gorgeous too
    Provence set
    Hacienda Luxury
    Haute Hip
    Mid Century Fantasy

i think i'll end the list here :grimace:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    OpicanaOpicana Posts: 379 Member
    Lots of great suggestions here! Thank you!
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    I love history, so one of my favorite sets is the Palace of Versailles set. :smile:
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Stones Throw Greenhouse! I have to put that in every world I play. Anything related to farming/gardening......yep, gotta have them in the game even if I dont use them, LOL.
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited October 2016
    Read about the kids stuff cascade. You'll want to get that!

kids stuff
  • Options
    TheDarkRoseTheDarkRose Posts: 230 Member
    HSmith2016 wrote: »
    The MultiTab 6000 is one thing that I give to most of my Sims. They can use it to learn different skills while they are doing other things, like watching TV or cooking or just walking around.

If your Sims have lots of babies, the Head Start Playpen and Local Motion Toddler Walker are great for teaching toddlers some skills. Both are featured items from the Tiny Prodigies Early Learning Center venue. I also like the Solace Snugabunny Deluxe Baby Swing and the Dirty No More Changing and Bathing Station
    The Wonderfully Woven Hanging Chair is pretty much somewhere in all of my Sim houses, I love that chair so much!

I agree, all those things are amazing. The walker taught my toddler to walk in half the time her mother would have taken.
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,996 Member
    edited October 2016
    Well, there's definitely too much of the content to choose only one!
    ciane wrote: »
    Read about the kids stuff cascade. You'll want to get that!

kids stuff
    ^^ Agree

By owning the items from the Animal Abounds cascade, you will own a lot of items that will cross over into other olders sets from Best of 2010

I currently have a saved game where I have no store content loaded. I am working towards achievement badges and do not require store content. My games load faster without having the entire store installed. However, when I play that game, I am constantly looking for certain items only to realize those are from the store.

When I want to garden or have a living farm, I use the SwiftGro Gardening Station (Part of Best of 2012 Compilation and Stones Throw Greenhouse) and Grandpa's Grove Tractor (Part of Grandpa's Grove)
    I agree with HSMITH2016. I think one of the most beautifully and intricately designed items is the Wonderfully Woven Hanging Chair from Bohemian Garden.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I love the Bohemian Garden set with its recolorable wild flowers and hanging lights and FRUIT! It's nice to have all those berries. :)