Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No One Has The "Ancient Membership" Yet?

Comments

• HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    blunote00 wrote: »
    Haiden wrote: »
    blunote00 wrote: »
    kiitomii wrote: »
    hello! I have been looking through the badges and found out that the "Ancient Membership" badge hasn't been earned yet! can anyone tell me why?
    @kiitomii
    Actually, there are quite a few member who "technically speaking" are in fact "Ancient Members". However, when our accounts merged over from the old Sims 2 board to the Sims 3 board they used the Sims 3 join date. That's why some of the oldest members can only have that seven year badge when a lot of us have been simmers since the beginning. ;)

@blunote00

Lol I was like in my mid teens when I joined the TS2 BBs, and I was there for like 3 years, if only it carried over......I would have a 10 year badge now instead of 7 years
    @Haiden
    My join date on the TS3 site was (Member since May 30, 2009) which was when they merged my account over from the TS2 BBs. Even though that's my date it didn't take affect until you actually got logged in. I believe Jarsie was able to get on very early. Me and Simjett (remember him?) were pretty close to each other in regards to login date/time wise. One of the reason why our member numbers are pretty low. :p

If they would have carried over the TS2 BB date, we'd all most definitely have that 10 year badge and/or be "Ancient Members". Sixteen years dedicated to one game is a very long time. Lord knows a lot of us have put in the time. ;)

It's always a pleasure to see you on the boards lovely. <3

Lol when they merged my account over from the ts2 BBs to here when I logged in it came up with my Spore forum user name. Then it said I had no posting rights lol, but it sorted itself out within afew days, if my memory is correct the actual day was June 9 2009* when I could officially post as Haiden again.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Yes there are plenty of us that should be considered ancients on the forum - like me - but seeing they did not carry over our The Sims and Sims 2 memberships in the count - there really is no ancients. LOL. But I see everyday people I have seen on the forums for years - even a few from The Sims forums but many from Sims 2 and 3.

Personally I would not get hung up on the badge aspect of the game membership thing anyway. In life you may even run into present day simmers that may have never came to the forums in previous renditions - that do now because of the online part of the Sims 4. I know for a fact many who are new to the Sims forum but were regulars on "other forums" for years. So plenty vets around regardless of none having a badge. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Haiden wrote: »
    The highest badge for years on this forum (combined Ts3/Ts4) is 7 years. I was here when these forums went live (well some of us were here when it's was not officially operation lol cause somebody posted a link in the Ts2 BBs) but it does not show the exact day now on my page just "member since June 2009".

I feels old now...... :mrgreen:

Mine is May 2009 . . . I feel older - LOL
  • plombierparis15plombierparis15 Posts: 11 New Member
    Nobody remembers a time when this person wasn't a member here. Nobody has earned this badge yet.
  • HannahcleolaHannahcleola Posts: 252 Member
    I really want to become a member not ancient just a full member! Lol I just love the Sims <3 Id like to be able to share photos on the fourms (legacy fourms specificly) of my proudest moments of gameplay or share my creativity in CAS with all my fellow simmers! Please help with any ideas on easy badges to earn I just wanna be one of the cool kids!(members) lol Thanks
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    Service306 wrote: »
    I really want to become a member not ancient just a full member! Lol I just love the Sims <3 Id like to be able to share photos on the fourms (legacy fourms specificly) of my proudest moments of gameplay or share my creativity in CAS with all my fellow simmers! Please help with any ideas on easy badges to earn I just wanna be one of the cool kids!(members) lol Thanks

Hello @Service306 .
    This is a link to a list of the badges that you can earn.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/badges
    You have the required posts, but just need some more points.
    It is very nice that you have a Legacy family in your game :) You would enjoy seeing the new generations of children, and watching them grow up in your game. It is special that you are planning to post photos of them on the forum threads. Simmers will seeing pictures of your sims from your game.
  • 17lani7117lani71 Posts: 51 Member
    Ohhhh... I was wandering about the answer thing, thanks :) XD
    Check out my blog at https://theravenrose.wordpress.com/ !
    [img]file:///C:/Users/Lenovo/Downloads/s.png[/img]

• ilyenakitty666ilyenakitty666 Posts: 1 New Member
    i joined the Sims 2 community back when it started, but like now, my information keeps coming up missing and i have to start a new account.
    All my games are registered, but it wants me to re-register and claims the code is invalid.
    if it wasn't for some things, i would leave this place in the dust since they keep "losing" my accounts on here and i have to make a new one.
    edited November 2016
    i joined the Sims 2 community back when it started, but like now, my information keeps coming up missing and i have to start a new account.
    All my games are registered, but it wants me to re-register and claims the code is invalid.
    if it wasn't for some things, i would leave this place in the dust since they keep "losing" my accounts on here and i have to make a new one.

Hello @ilyenakitty
    It would be best to be in touch with @SimGuruDrake about your issue. She may be able to help you. You can post on her wall.
  • DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    edited November 2016
    I know for a fact that I'm nowhere near "Ancient"! I joined TS3 forums as soon as I thought I was old enough to make an account (until I found out that the minimum age was 13, not 12, so I just added an extra year to my birthday). I only joined these forums about a year ago because I just ended up on them and was like "WOAHWOAHWOAH WHAT THE HECK IS THIS?!"! xD

So, yeah, joined TS3 forums in 2012, and joined these forums in 2015! :D
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    dreamerz13 wrote: »
    Its probably like 15 years or something, idk but the numbered badges go up to 10 years so it has to be at least 11. Nobody has earned the 10 year one either. I think the dates only go as far back as when the TS3 forum opened for those that were forced over here from there. Which means the oldest accounts are only 7 years.

Lol ..A lot of us weren't forced over here when it opened...we fled.... The TS2 forums to try and escape the TS3 pre-launch haters who swore that they hated the direction of the franchise and vowed that they would never buy it or play it.

The two forums were open concurrently for quite some time.
  • LuckyKittenCatLuckyKittenCat Posts: 4,640 Member
    well this has been quite helpful and I am sure helpful to others as well :)
    also I realized there aren't a lot of people with certain badges like 50,000 comments badge or the 25,000 one

w-WOW CATLOVERPLAYS IS BASICALLY A LEGEND *mind blown*
    I am undead! :smiley:
  • urygauryga Posts: 559 Member
    All I know is that I have been playing the Sims since "The Sims"
    wait.. how old is sims.. like the start of it? I would look it up but it took forever for this page to load lol
    wait.. how old is sims.. like the start of it? I would look it up but it took forever for this page to load lol

Hello
    It was the 17th anniversary of The Sims in February
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello
    It was the 17th anniversary of The Sims in February

That's a long time! :o 4 games in 17 years is like.. everyone 4 years (not really) .. so maybe in another 3 years? lol
    I've been with the game since November of 1999 as I was a tester for the Sims for Will Wright - so I will be 18 years with the Sims in November.

Before the Sims I played all the Sims cities including the first one before Will Wright came to EA even. LOL and even I do not have an ancient membership. I believe it is not obtainable technically.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

I feel like 40% of the badges are so hard to get/impossible to get. mostly the combo badge ;(
  • simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    I did have an account on the TS2 forum but rarely (if ever) checked it out. I joined the TS3 forum in October 2009 so I doubt I'll be considered as ancient anytime soon.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member
    My TS2 account didn't switch over, I had to make an account on TS3 website. I never really used the forums on TS2 though I was on it all the time. I was a bit younger then, and I really enjoyed reading the story section and browsing the exchange. I think my old username on there was MysterySim00 or something like that lol.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    edited March 2017
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    TS2 game/site had the Best Story upload ability Ever... And I did keep my name from TS2 to TS3. EA reserved them for us if we wanted them- which I did, kinda. :lol:

I'm not Acient because I wasn't on TS site much- the last year but never posted, just read some stories and downloaded the freebies. I did enjoy TS2 and TS3 forums. :mrgreen:

Oh yeah, the story album feature is integrated into the game for both Sims 1 and 2, just as how the gallery is integrated into TS4 now.

I've been playing The Sims since 2002, but I've only had an online account since 2003, shortly before Sims 2 came out and we only had the Bodyshop as a demo to play with. Can't believe that was long ago already.

I still use the same username. As a matter of fact, when I moved over to the TS3 site, I was able to reserve my Sims 2 name.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I've been with the game since November of 1999 as I was a tester for the Sims for Will Wright - so I will be 18 years with the Sims in November.

Before the Sims I played all the Sims cities including the first one before Will Wright came to EA even. LOL and even I do not have an ancient membership. I believe it is not obtainable technically.

@Writin_Reg I agree with you. If anybody deserves the Ancient badge it would be you. I remember joining the Sims website once it came out in Feb. 2000. I had been following it's development before it hit the store shelves and when it came out, I remember seeing you on the website, though I mostly lurked in the background. I added a few lots that I made to 3rd party websites, but that was about the extent of my sharing in the Sims 1. It wasn't until the Sims 2 came out that I made my big move into the Sims spotlight. I was invited to all of the Sims 2-3 camps and events, and the first 2 of the Sims 4. I am not sure why, but I haven't been asked back since.
    My join date says May 2009, yet if I remember right, it was actually created in late April while I attended the Sims 4 Creators Camp. It was then added to the new website, along with all the other people who had attended, shortly before it went live.
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
    edited April 2017
    ehaught58 wrote: »

@Writin_Reg I agree with you. If anybody deserves the Ancient badge it would be you. I remember joining the Sims website once it came out in Feb. 2000. I had been following it's development before it hit the store shelves and when it came out, I remember seeing you on the website, though I mostly lurked in the background. I added a few lots that I made to 3rd party websites, but that was about the extent of my sharing in the Sims 1. It wasn't until the Sims 2 came out that I made my big move into the Sims spotlight. I was invited to all of the Sims 2-3 camps and events, and the first 2 of the Sims 4. I am not sure why, but I haven't been asked back since.
    My join date says May 2009, yet if I remember right, it was actually created in late April while I attended the Sims 4 Creators Camp. It was then added to the new website, along with all the other people who had attended, shortly before it went live.

Exactly - I even recall them using some of your builds in the game when it came out or at least featuring them like the Sims 3 Lake house - wasn't that one of them? I know I have used every build you ever shared even. LOL. Long time fan and friend Ed.

I think the Sims 1 forum was actually the best forum we had as far as communicating with the Team went. There, they originated Simsday - which was Thursdays when a member of the team, including Will Wright would stop by sometimes with begged for new free content - othertimes just to give info, or ask for us to submit ideas of things we'd like to see in the game. Will seemed to like reading our first hand impressions of everything - other times share little funny happening at the studio. If we had ideas he could incorporate he would tell us right there in a reply if it could be done or not - he never left us hoping for things that never came - he was always up front. Of course he did not ever tell us everything - as he had this thing about always wanting us to be surprised about something. I loved how open he was and the way he reminded me a a really smart big kid. He obviously loved what he was doing and absorbed our enthusiasm like a sponge. He loved for us to be enthused. I remember most about being really connected to the Sims team - I miss that. (They were called the Maxoids back in te Sims 1 AND 2 DAYS.)

I think not many simmers did come to the forum during Sims 1 days - at least not like they do all the rest of the forums. People were not really familiar with forums as a place to hang out with fellow players like they do now. But Simsday did become pretty popular compared to rest of the week. I think if the internet being so new and all had a lot to do with it - and oh so slow back in those days. Downloading a few items was an all day experience - lol.

But yeah - I did enjoy stopping by the forums a couple of times a day even then.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

In dreams - I LIVE!

ehaught58 wrote: »

Exactly - I even recall them using some of your builds in the game when it came out or at least featuring them like the Sims 3 Lake house - wasn't that one of them? I know I have used every build you ever shared even. LOL. Long time fan and friend Ed.

I think the Sims 1 forum was actually the best forum we had as far as communicating with the Team went. There, they originated Simsday - which was Thursdays when a member of the team, including Will Wright would stop by sometimes with begged for new free content - othertimes just to give info, or ask for us to submit ideas of things we'd like to see in the game. Will seemed to like reading our first hand impressions of everything - other times share little funny happening at the studio. If we had ideas he could incorporate he would tell us right there in a reply if it could be done or not - he never left us hoping for things that never came - he was always up front. Of course he did not ever tell us everything - as he had this thing about always wanting us to be surprised about something. I loved how open he was and the way he reminded me a a really smart big kid. He obviously loved what he was doing and absorbed our enthusiasm like a sponge. He loved for us to be enthused. I remember most about being really connected to the Sims team - I miss that.

I think not many simmers did come to the forum during Sims 1 days - at least not like they do all the rest of the forums. People were not really familiar with forums as a place to hang out with fellow players like they do now. But Simsday did become pretty popular compared to rest of the week. I think if the internet being so new and all had a lot to do with it - and oh so slow back in those days. Downloading a few items was an all day experience - lol.

But yeah - I did enjoy stopping by the forums a couple of times a day even then.

I wish I could have been on the forums back when sims 1 was still one of the most popular sims games :D