Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No One Has The "Ancient Membership" Yet?

hello! I have been looking through the badges and found out that the "Ancient Membership" badge hasn't been earned yet! can anyone tell me why?
also the description only says "nobody remembers a time this person wasn't a member here" I would like to also know how old you have to be on here.. or is it forever a mystery to be figured out with this thread maybe??
I am undead! :smiley:

Comments

• iriefthiiriefthi Posts: 1,073 Member
    how do you see all the badges available?
  • LuckyKittenCatLuckyKittenCat Posts: 4,640 Member
    I just search "sims forum badges" on google crome/ Microsoft edge (pretty sure it works on other browsers too) I hope that this thread is kinda helpful to you.. and me :)
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited September 2016
    Its probably like 15 years or something, idk but the numbered badges go up to 10 years so it has to be at least 11. Nobody has earned the 10 year one either. I think the dates only go as far back as when the TS3 forum opened for those that were forced over here from there. Which means the oldest accounts are only 7 years.
    huh.. so.. at least we can expect that this site will be on for many more years =D maybe there will even be a new game..(ok this turned into a theory thread XD)
  • Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,901 Member
    There's an Ancient Membership badge? Didn't know that.
  • MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    Some of them don't seem to apply, unless in specialized areas i have not seen. "UpVote" Farcebook Connector and Twitter Connector.

I would guess "ancient member" is the final anniversary badge, so whether you're here 10 years or 50 it's the last one.
    I am probably gonna forget about this account and get 100 badges about how long I have been here XD
  • blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    kiitomii wrote: »
    hello! I have been looking through the badges and found out that the "Ancient Membership" badge hasn't been earned yet! can anyone tell me why?
    @kiitomii
    Actually, there are quite a few member who "technically speaking" are in fact "Ancient Members". However, when our accounts merged over from the old Sims 2 board to the Sims 3 board they used the Sims 3 join date. That's why some of the oldest members can only have that seven year badge when a lot of us have been simmers since the beginning. ;)
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,277 Member
    blunote00 wrote: »
    @kiitomii
    Actually, there are quite a few member who "technically speaking" are in fact "Ancient Members". However, when our accounts merged over from the old Sims 2 board to the Sims 3 board they used the Sims 3 join date. That's why some of the oldest members can only have that seven year badge when a lot of us have been simmers since the beginning. ;)

I learn something new everyday as I didn't know that the forums from the TS2 site merged over to the TS3 because by the time I started playing TS3, there wasn't a Sims 2 section since it got removed by then. I was a late comer to the Sims as I started playing TS2 about 1 year after TS3 came out and then I started playing TS3 in 2011... :)

• HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    The highest badge for years on this forum (combined Ts3/Ts4) is 7 years. I was here when these forums went live (well some of us were here when it's was not officially operation lol cause somebody posted a link in the Ts2 BBs) but it does not show the exact day now on my page just "member since June 2009".

I feels old now...... :mrgreen:
    Haiden wrote: »
    The highest badge for years on this forum (combined Ts3/Ts4) is 7 years. I was here when these forums went live (well some of us were here when it's was not officially operation lol cause somebody posted a link in the Ts2 BBs) but it does not show the exact day now on my page just "member since June 2009".

you just said.. "when it's was not officially operation..." o-o so you just said.. when it is was.. :'(

you just said.. "when it's was not officially operation..." o-o so you just said.. when it is was.. :'(

Lol it was only like 3 days before theses forums went live, I only got to post once.
    @kiitomii

@blunote00

Lol I was like in my mid teens when I joined the TS2 BBs, and I was there for like 3 years, if only it carried over......I would have a 10 year badge now instead of 7 years
  • brygirlluvssimsbrygirlluvssims Posts: 71 Member
    It'd be interesting to know if we can verify our old TS2 accounts at some point...I figure that's why the badge exists - for some future plan. It'd be cool since my original account was ages ago, somewhere around 2006.

Or maybe it was an idea that was just abandoned. Hopefully we'll find out at some point.
    edited September 2016
    @kiitomii

@blunote00

Lol I was like in my mid teens when I joined the TS2 BBs, and I was there for like 3 years, if only it carried over......I would have a 10 year badge now instead of 7 years
    @Haiden
    My join date on the TS3 site was (Member since May 30, 2009) which was when they merged my account over from the TS2 BBs. Even though that's my date it didn't take affect until you actually got logged in. I believe Jarsie was able to get on very early. Me and Simjett (remember him?) were pretty close to each other in regards to login date/time wise. One of the reason why our member numbers are pretty low. :p

If they would have carried over the TS2 BB date, we'd all most definitely have that 10 year badge and/or be "Ancient Members". Sixteen years dedicated to one game is a very long time. Lord knows a lot of us have put in the time. ;)

It's always a pleasure to see you on the boards lovely. <3
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    edited September 2016
    so thanks for that and I looked through the badges again and yea! no one appears to have any anniversary badges from 8 to ancient.
    also the fact that there are NUMBERED PEOPLE that have the 7th badge.. hmm so if anyone reads this in..*maths* 2024 or something THEN CONGRATS! you probably have that badge.. actually STILL those people would be kinda rare though.. that's an interesting thought that in 2024 this site will still be up :)
    and the fact that there are probably gonna be like 100 more games :D ..tldr
    edited September 2016
    so thanks for that and I looked through the badges again and yea! no one appears to have any anniversary badges from 8 to ancient.
    also the fact that there are NUMBERED PEOPLE that have the 7th badge.. hmm so if anyone reads this in..*maths* 2024 or something THEN CONGRATS! you probably have that badge.. actually STILL those people would be kinda rare though.. that's an interesting thought that in 2024 this site will still be up :)
    I was told from the beginning that this new forum/site was built to carry the Sims into the future. So from what I understand, this will be around for a long time. ;)

I was told from the beginning that this new forum/site was built to carry the Sims into the future. So from what I understand, this will be around for a long time. ;)
    YESH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    that means that in like.. 2050 its gonna be up XD.. unrelated note: by 2050 we are probably gonna be making bases on the moon X3.. FUTURE!!
  • MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member

I once had an account with maxis.com when I played TS 1, but I can't even recall if that had a forum. Been too long. I ran out of time for TS 1 and didn't "come back" until TS 4 came out.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I don't understand the answers badges or the combo breaker badge - how on earth do people get them? or are they not available anymore?
    Gallery ID: babysquare
    BabySquare wrote: »
    I don't understand the answers badges or the combo breaker badge - how on earth do people get them? or are they not available anymore?
    @BabySquare
    The Combo Breaker badge is one that's actually pretty easy to get but it is time sensitive, meaning the clock starts ticking once you join/login to the forum for the first time. If the time (24 hours/1 day) passes then so does the opportunity.

The Answer Badges appears to be something new. The only person I see that's earned one is a comment by @SimGuruDrake on April 9th. I'm not seeing anything "visible" that would trigger that reaction reward so it might be something she is/was testing that's not in affect yet.

From what I've seen of it elsewhere, it works similar to... Was this answer the best answer to your question? (yes/no) Best answer or what's would be a possible answer to resolve an issue would get the good answer points. You can see something somewhat similar currently being used on Answer HQ called the XP System.

• SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    BabySquare wrote: »
    @BabySquare
    The Combo Breaker badge is one that's actually pretty easy to get but it is time sensitive, meaning the clock starts ticking once you join/login to the forum for the first time. If the time (24 hours/1 day) passes then so does the opportunity.

The Answer Badges appears to be something new. The only person I see that's earned one is a comment by @SimGuruDrake on April 9th. I'm not seeing anything "visible" that would trigger that reaction reward so it might be something she is/was testing that's not in affect yet.

From what I've seen of it elsewhere, it works similar to... Was this answer the best answer to your question? (yes/no) Best answer or what's would be a possible answer to resolve an issue would get the good answer points. You can see something somewhat similar currently being used on Answer HQ called the XP System.

That is correct :)

I was testing a question / answer plugin to see if I could limit it to specific areas (like the bugs / issues section) but I've had to post pone implementation for it as I need to have coding tweaked to make sure that if (for example) someone marks that a certain answer was the solution to their issue that that particular answer will be highlighted so it's visible to everyone which solution worked.
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
    And right from the Guru's mouth... There you have it. :)
    wow. a guru o-o *tries no fangirling XD* :o but WOW that is cool! thanks for the info! il be sure to use it when it is..*maths* umm idk 15 years from now or something? BUT YEAH THANKS! curiosity pays off..*still weirded out a guru is on thread.. even kinda scared XD*