Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One of the main features is a.....???

Comments

• WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    edited September 2016
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »

Gurus definitely made a big deal about it and how it can't be in a stuff pack xD So it isn't a far stretch

I'm not a game developer, or anything of that nature, but how hard can it be to make a LOUNGE CHAIR, which is made for just lounging or napping.
    Doesn't sound like anything major to me

Youre not a game developer exactly, so allow me to explain since its what im studying for in college.

Stuff packs have less resources than game or expansion pack teams. Lounge chairs require different animations. They lay at a different angle than with hot tubs or chairs etc. Not only that but it has to work with multi tasking.

Its not that its too difficult, its that it requires too much resources for a stuff pack to INTRODUCE. If a pack with more resources bit off that chunk of work, stuff packs would include them.

There is so much mis imformation in these forums, people are claiming the gurus said they were too hard when they never did.

I would love if @SimGuruGraham would confirm what I just said, although he already has numerous times.

Umm if they can get into hot-tubs at a different angle in a stuff-pack then it can happen to lounge chairs too
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member

Gurus definitely made a big deal about it and how it can't be in a stuff pack xD So it isn't a far stretch

I'm not a game developer, or anything of that nature, but how hard can it be to make a LOUNGE CHAIR, which is made for just lounging or napping.

Youre not a game developer exactly, so allow me to explain since its what im studying for in college.

Stuff packs have less resources than game or expansion pack teams. Lounge chairs require different animations. They lay at a different angle than with hot tubs or chairs etc. Not only that but it has to work with multi tasking.

Its not that its too difficult, its that it requires too much resources for a stuff pack to INTRODUCE. If a pack with more resources bit off that chunk of work, stuff packs would include them.

There is so much mis imformation in these forums, people are claiming the gurus said they were too hard when they never did.

I would love if @SimGuruGraham would confirm what I just said, although he already has numerous times.

Umm if they can get into hot-tubs at a different angle in a stuff-pack then it can happen to lounge chairs too

They mainly just had to reuse the sitting animations. the angle doesn't matter since it's just the animation, but rotated. the only "new" thing they had to animate was getting into the Hot Tub, but that also borrowed from getting into the bath tub.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

Its the same.animation as sitting, and even Graham said hot tubs barely even made it in, which is why it was the only premium object in it.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • argos93argos93 Posts: 66 Member
    @Pukingautotune LOL, for sure, hahahaha, you're right. :D
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    "Don't judge a book by its cover", I guess?
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited September 2016
    BASKETBALL??? SERIOUSLY???? This is Get Together all over again. Pro-tip: EA/Maxis you simply don't put a gameplay object as a main feature in a $40 PACK! That makes it sound/seem as a small one. Should've learned from the "Closet". Anyways, I won't hate on City Life that much and will give it a chance. It is just this irritated me xD I really hope this pack isn't a small barebone one :sweat:

P.S: I know some of you might be thinking that a basket-ball court is a BIG FEATURE and not something small but knowing EA, it won't be a little mini basketball court but more like a little hoop where you throw the ball. Just like The Sims 2 Freetime and the football field in The Sims 3 Seasons thus it shouldn't count as a big feature. UNLESS we get a legit match, which I HIGHLY DOUBT.

You do realise that at least one gameplay object has been a main feature of nearly every expansion pack.
    @Sigzy05 wrote: »
    From what we have seen so far, this pack looks just like GT. Gameplay objects as main features, small features listed as big like festivals and then apartments which from what we have seen so far are just lots on top of fx.

I seriously hope there's more to this because if they spent an year to work on this then I'm sorry but someone needs to be fired ASAP.

Oh not surprised you completely glossed over the main feature of the pack.

Might as well ignore the Retail tool of OFB.
    A complaint thread on a rumor. Seriously people this isn't official yet so calm down.
    A complaint thread on a rumor. Seriously people this isn't official yet so calm down.

You said it yourself "NOT OFFICIAL" and guess in which section the thread is? Good God

But youre acting like it is. Literally all of this is rumor. And if was never stated the basketball was a main feature, just that itll be in it.

As for another person, festivals ARE a major feature. They were advertised as such in sims 3 seasons too.

This is how the select few members on here have fun in their spare time, let them have it because it's all they've got apparently.

And you're so spot on it hurts. A major praised feature for The Sims 3 Seasons, is being passed on as fluff if it got in 4.

That's why it's so entertaining watching the same three users go batplum crazy, because it's literally how they get their kicks.
    Because with every complaint they have, they are either ignoring facts to make a point, or hating on features that they praised previously.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    BASKETBALL??? SERIOUSLY???? This is Get Together all over again. Pro-tip: EA/Maxis you simply don't put a gameplay object as a main feature in a $40 PACK! That makes it sound/seem as a small one. Should've learned from the "Closet". Anyways, I won't hate on City Life that much and will give it a chance. It is just this irritated me xD I really hope this pack isn't a small barebone one :sweat:

P.S: I know some of you might be thinking that a basket-ball court is a BIG FEATURE and not something small but knowing EA, it won't be a little mini basketball court but more like a little hoop where you throw the ball. Just like The Sims 2 Freetime and the football field in The Sims 3 Seasons thus it shouldn't count as a big feature. UNLESS we get a legit match, which I HIGHLY DOUBT.

We don t know that yet. You can't go by leaks.

Yes you can. They look legit.

It hasn't even been stated that basketball is the main feature. I think the big feature will be the festivals.
    edited September 2016

Its the same.animation as sitting, and even Graham said hot tubs barely even made it in, which is why it was the only premium object in it.

Ummm I am pretty sure when people get in the hot-tubs it is not the same as sitting on the chair directly down.
    Post edited by Wulfsimmer on

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?

Ummm I am pretty sure when people get in the hot-tubs it is not the samenas sitting on the chair directly down.

Yes, it's the same as the getting in the tub animation, just modified a bit.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I think the lounge chairs will come in a tropical vacation GP, which I feel like they are working on (It's just my guess, based on the leaked artwork).
    edited September 2016
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    You do realise that at least one gameplay object has been a main feature of nearly every expansion pack.

Not in The Sims 3...also I've stated why this gameay object shouldn't be in the main features list in the paragraph but k
    Post edited by Wulfsimmer on

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited September 2016
    I think it's pointless to critize a feature we know nothing about. What if basketball meant we could have *actual* team games (like 5 on 5) instead of just one sim practicing shoots like in previous games? What if it meant our sims could attend sports event and basketball games? What if this was not a feature at all and the leak was wrong? I mean I don't know anything about this feature and they may susprise us so I'd rather save my opinion for a later time when we have actual information.
  • NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    From what we have seen so far, this pack looks just like GT. Gameplay objects as main features, small features listed as big like festivals and then apartments which from what we have seen so far are just lots on top of fx.

I seriously hope there's more to this because if they spent an year to work on this then I'm sorry but someone needs to be fired ASAP.

May I ask, where did you see this for Sims 4?
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
    QDog wrote: »
    I think it's pointless to critize a feature we know nothing about. What if basketball meant we could have *actual* team games (like 5 on 5) instead of just one sim practicing shoots like in previous games? What if it meant our sims could attend sports event and basketball games? What if this was not a feature at all and the leak was wrong? I mean I don't know anything about this feature and they may susprise us so I'd rather save my opinion for a later time when we have actual information.

Guess what section this is in? Oh wait WHAT?? THIS IS NOT IN THE GENERALS SECTION WHICH MEANS OP REALIZES IT ISN'T FULLY CONFIRMED? WHAT NO WAY... :expressionless: Also resd the last paragraph about it being a full match. Smh

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    I hate basketball. Had to take it in high school P.E., and I STILL hate basketball. Face/palm. This does not equate City Life in my mind. City Life calls up lounges, and stuff like places to dance, which they have already given us! I'm sick to death of partying! If that's all this iteration is about, then I quit.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    I am a basketball player and I find this offensive...
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

Some of you guys are glombing on to one aspect of a leak and having a contest on who hates it more.... why? Is there anything you do like about anything leaked so far? I'd like to know what aspects, if any, appeal to you and why...
    Origin ID NectereSim
    I hate basketball. Had to take it in high school P.E., and I STILL hate basketball. Face/palm. This does not equate City Life in my mind. City Life calls up lounges, and stuff like places to dance, which they have already given us! I'm sick to death of partying! If that's all this iteration is about, then I quit.

Uh, there's more to cities than nightlife. You're really constricting what this pack is about if you think cities are literally just parties the entire time. We already got Nightlife in the BG and parts of it in GT, so I don't know how you think this EP could entirely be made up of Nightlife.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I think it's great that this pack can be about other aspects than nightlife. Apartments alone can make a whole pack, see sims2 AL
  • FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    I cannot stand basketball. People in school always assumed I could play it just because I am a guy and I am tall. Bleh. Some of my sims would enjoy it though, so I don't mind it really.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited September 2016
    You do realize technically we haven't gotten a nightlife EP. I mean yes they had somethings in Get Together but it was more focused on getting together with friends. So when you complain that it might have more nightlife in it that isn't really a valid answer. Where is this leak with all the pictures?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    I think it's great that this pack can be about other aspects than nightlife. Apartments alone can make a whole pack, see sims2 AL

I totally agree. Apartments alone is a big feature IF, and I mean IF they made them properly

Honestly looking at this new leaked image has shattered all my dreams for this EP.
    The apartments look like TS3. A fake building where you can build the apartment above it. This is the same awful TS3 system!!

29115609010_fb7e5d833e_o_d.jpg

I hope I am wrong but the picture says a lot.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited September 2016
    I don't know.. putting Basketball as a main feature is just plum.

Same like GT: 'Meet new Sims' yeah d'oh!

The only thing that sparks my interest in this pack is the political career. IF it will be an active one, and IF it will be better compared to the goal repetitive GTW careers, but that alone isn't even close to the reason to buy that EP.

I am not sure about the apartments, I fear it will be more like S3, and not like TS2. Did not like TS3 'apartments' at all. If they will be like S2, they will be fine to me.

One of the more annoying things with TS4 to me isn't really the ''closed worlds'', but it's the problem that the lots in your hood are completely deserted. No activity going on in your neighbours backyard, not seeing Sims coming home, etc etc. That's what I want from apartments, more activity, more the feeling of actually living with other Sims on the same lot and actually having neighbours.

I totally agree. Apartments alone is a big feature IF, and I mean IF they made them properly

Honestly looking at this new leaked image has shattered all my dreams for this EP.
    The apartments look like TS3. A fake building where you can build the apartment above it. This is the same awful TS3 system!!

29115609010_fb7e5d833e_o_d.jpg

I hope I am wrong but the picture says a lot.

Where is that image coming from exactly? Where is the source, I would like to know. Thanks!
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    I am not sure about the apartments, I fear it will be more like S3, and not like TS2. Did not like TS3 'apartments' at all. If they will be like S2, they will be fine to me.

See my above post :(
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top