Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Make Teenagers Great Again!

Comments

• Options
    usagishiroiusagishiroi Posts: 68 Member
    wow all those are great ideas, i would love all of them in game. I miss being able to have more depth in my sims life. it just seems kinda bland at times. it would be great if teen sims could babysit and get payed for it, or doing chores could give you gil. ^^
  • Options
    pinedasgalpinedasgal Posts: 69 Member
    wow all those are great ideas, i would love all of them in game. I miss being able to have more depth in my sims life. it just seems kinda bland at times. it would be great if teen sims could babysit and get payed for it, or doing chores could give you gil. ^^

It would be cute if a teen babysitting part-time job could function like a GTW career!
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

If your teen came home from babysitting and you got a notification "Cindy has come home from babysitting (or any part time job) and earned 65 simoleons. Just likew hen adults come home from work.
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    Those are some fantastic ideas!
  • Options
    kcking2371kcking2371 Posts: 39 Member
    I love this, I really don't like what they've done with the teens in TS4, I also hate how their the same size of their parents too. One thing I wish they didn't do was have all the same clothes as Adults. I don't want my teens to have the same clothing options as Adults and Elders.

Another thing the teens need of their own is Aspirations, children have their own, so why can't teens?
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    um teens sims can already baby-sit
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

Um....that's not the point.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

If your teen came home from babysitting and you got a notification "Cindy has come home from babysitting (or any part time job) and earned 65 simoleons. Just likew hen adults come home from work.

that already does happen-in my game at least
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    I second all of this... Ea better take some freaking notes.
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    pinedasgal wrote: »
    Terra wrote: »
    pinedasgal wrote: »
    Terra wrote: »
    Does anyone else feel like Teens are the hardest age group for your Sims to meet? I find it so hard to get my Teens to meet other Teens. Clubs has helped with that, but having more Teen-only activities would go a long way to helping with this.
    '

Yes definitely, probably because there are no teen-specific venues. Maybe we need a community center? Or an Arcade (like Dave & Busters)? Amusement park? Movie theater?

I'd like more venues too, especially an arcade (with smaller retro arcade machines rather than that giant GT one!). It makes sense that they'd be set up to attract teens, but I'd like them to be available for all Sims to visit if I want them to.

It would be amazing if we could customize what ages we want to come to our lots - we talked about this in my Manage Neighbourhood Options thread in the Ideas Corner.

Maybe be able to manage depending on time of day? I get really bummed when I see random kids at the playground or walking by the house when they're supposed to be in school (I assume they're home-schooled by really lax parents). Other venues will attract Sims depending on time of day -- nightclubs and lounges are empty during the day, but pick up at night; the library empties out right at 9pm. If ages could be included, maybe no kids at the park or arcade until 3pm (player controlled Sims wouldn't be included, I'm just talking about the ones the game sends to the lots), arcade could be reserved for children from 3 to 6pm and for teens from 6-10pm.

Very smart! And just like real life, too! But then that interferes if the child wanted to have a fun day with their older sibling or parent.

Good point -- maybe allow children if they're with an adult or older sibling; I just want to minimize the amount of children wandering alone on school days.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

I think people are thinking more of an active babysitting, where you actually can see them rather than it being "off screen".

Babysitting money (and other money made by teens) brings up something else I'd like to see -- individual accounts as part of the main household accounts. You could have a teen that paints and sells masterpieces, but when they move out of the house they lose all that money they made and start with the base 20K Simoleons. You have the same issue when you've got a roommate or two; they might contribute a lot more than you do but you can kick them out and keep everything they earned and bought. Some sort of personal account system would make things a lot more realistic, and would give more purpose to having a part-time job for teens. They could earn money for University (if/when that pack comes along) or for when they move out on their own so they can either afford a nicer place or at least upgrade the furniture in their starter place.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    EllomiSimmerEllomiSimmer Posts: 33 Member
    I think it would be fun for teens to get work experiences, an option to go to work for a day. And if your sim goes into that career when aged up they can start at a higher level.
  • Options
    YubellYubell Posts: 440 Member
    @EllomiSimmer That's a great idea sort of like a day to watch there parents work or a day of work experience.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    This would definitely make teens more realistic and give them more to do. I miss the extracurricular activities from Sims 3 and Graduation. I love the idea of standardized test for a chance to get a scholarship, reminds me of sims 3 University which was one of m favorite packs.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    pinedasgalpinedasgal Posts: 69 Member
    kcking2371 wrote: »
    I love this, I really don't like what they've done with the teens in TS4, I also hate how their the same size of their parents too. One thing I wish they didn't do was have all the same clothes as Adults. I don't want my teens to have the same clothing options as Adults and Elders.

Another thing the teens need of their own is Aspirations, children have their own, so why can't teens?

Agreed. One one way to fix the teen adult clothing issue is to the add the ability to tag clothes by age group, like the current masculine and feminine tags.

Also, I am totally in for teen aspirations. One of my teens wants a "big happy family" and shes stuck on the first level: "become an adult." IDK the point of having it as an option then.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Revise Curfew, make it a Parent/guardian/Older Sibling interaction to place a curfew on their child. so players can decide when or if they want a curfew. or even if politics were to get involved the mayor of the town can establish a curfew on the world.

and make it so teens don't always go quietly. some can run and escape. same from the detective career side. I want nightshifts, going on patrol at night, and I'm sick of criminals always surrendering. make a scene, attempt to run and escape, get in a fight.

It's not that strange teens can discuss property values, when I was in high school. one of my friends had a job, and she moved out and got her own place, family issues. It's time people realize the ugly truth. sometimes teens are forced to grow up faster.

You know what. If curfew was optional, that you had the option to turn it on for individual sims then I would be very interested. That I could use in my stories, the little golden heir isn't allowed out at night but the servant's son can go out and play. I would be very sad if they did some form of strict rules- all must do this or that. Hope they would let it be like the Nanny, there for those who wish to use it.
  • Options
    xcrystalizexxcrystalizex Posts: 211 Member
    I love all of these ideas! I apologize if this has been said already, but it would also be great to have a "first kiss" moodlet of some sort as a teen. They could tell people about their first kiss, too! I just think that would be super sweet. :)
  • Options
    Time_Aria11Time_Aria11 Posts: 80 Member
    I was just talking to my sister about how tall the teens are. Unless we are gonna start having height sliders in the game(by EA) I'm gonna need these little toe jam eaters to be a little shorter than the adults.
    QCO9Nyv.gif
    I love everyone, Let me love you dearest humans!
  • Options
    schattendiebschattendieb Posts: 78 Member
    Love most of the ideas!
    Teenagers now are really lacking.
  • Options
    EloquentMyDearEloquentMyDear Posts: 54 Member
    I miss the boarding schools, prom and acne so much
  • Options
    EloquentMyDearEloquentMyDear Posts: 54 Member
    I miss the boarding schools, prom and acne so much
    Never thought I'd say that I miss acne :D
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member

I think people are thinking more of an active babysitting, where you actually can see them rather than it being "off screen".

Babysitting money (and other money made by teens) brings up something else I'd like to see -- individual accounts as part of the main household accounts. You could have a teen that paints and sells masterpieces, but when they move out of the house they lose all that money they made and start with the base 20K Simoleons. You have the same issue when you've got a roommate or two; they might contribute a lot more than you do but you can kick them out and keep everything they earned and bought. Some sort of personal account system would make things a lot more realistic, and would give more purpose to having a part-time job for teens. They could earn money for University (if/when that pack comes along) or for when they move out on their own so they can either afford a nicer place or at least upgrade the furniture in their starter place.

Separate bank accounts are so needed. It would make it more realistic and teens that work could actually save the money they earn for future use.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    latushialatushia Posts: 60 Member
    they could cover this up in a Generations-EP! I think TS3 Generations was, what made TS3 really playable (Things, that actually complete the gaming experience of the sims 3)
  • Options
    UniSimsUniSims Posts: 1,246 Member
    I NEED all of this!
    laughing-gifs-old-timey.gif

Everything is more colourful in black and white
  • Options
    No support. Sims 4 teens are the best in the series.