Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Yee-haw! Rodeo Buddy Tanu… it’s your turn!!!

Comments

• Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    edited August 2016
    Here are the pictures that @friendsfan367 has trouble posting correctly...

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Description (from her upload):
    Donovan
    arron is a fairy.hes absentminded clumsy and a adventorous daredevil. so what job does he choose........... firefighter of course. will he make it up the ladder or burn up his first day.

Download Link: thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8970475http://
    Post edited by ADWilson on
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    thank you addy . it may take til im 100 but some day i will get it right the first time.
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    Thanks Addy. I was going to come help Ali.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    I don't know what to say....honestly I don't!

I'm not very good at accepting gifts, lol and you all have seriously spoiled me! Not to mention surprise me! I had no idea.

I'm so very touched that you all would take time to do this for me <3 I mean I know how hard you work on your gifts for your buddies and to know that you all put extra time into making me feel so special just leaves me a bit teary eyed (in a good way!)

I wish I wasn't going away so quickly because I want the time to really look at everything and I promise as soon as I can each and every one of you will get a proper and very heartfelt Thank you! <3

These exchanges have meant and still will mean so much to me. They have been an amazing thing for me and for my life. I have met some life long friends and am so very Blessed. You have all touched my heart in so many special ways!

Love you all!! <3 Hugs and Smiles! :)
  • Options
    tanubanue wrote: »
    I don't know what to say....honestly I don't!

I'm not very good at accepting gifts, lol and you all have seriously spoiled me! Not to mention surprise me! I had no idea.

I'm so very touched that you all would take time to do this for me <3 I mean I know how hard you work on your gifts for your buddies and to know that you all put extra time into making me feel so special just leaves me a bit teary eyed (in a good way!)

I wish I wasn't going away so quickly because I want the time to really look at everything and I promise as soon as I can each and every one of you will get a proper and very heartfelt Thank you! <3

These exchanges have meant and still will mean so much to me. They have been an amazing thing for me and for my life. I have met some life long friends and am so very Blessed. You have all touched my heart in so many special ways!

Love you all!! <3 Hugs and Smiles! :)

you deserve it besides we don't have a million dollars this was cheaper. hugs.
  • Options
    What Ali said ^^ {{hugs}}
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    edited August 2016
    @tanubanue I agree with ali you deserve it but I don't think your friendship is worth a million dollars I think it's priceless <3<3:D:D *lots and lots and lots of hugs*
  • Options
    ShannenShannen Posts: 2,811 Member
    cmbaker16 wrote: »
    @tanubanue I agree with ali you deserve it but I don't think your friendship is worth a million dollars I think it's priceless <3<3:D:D *lots and lots and lots of hugs*

^- So much this! You're priceless and your friendship is priceless and if I had to choose between 1 million dollars and you, I'd choose you every time. :) Love you lots <3 *hugs*

• Options
    edited August 2016
    cmbaker16 wrote: »

her friendship is priceless i said making gifts was cheaper than a millon dollars.
  • Options
    Everyone's gift for Tanu has been REC'D <3:)
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    i just thought of something without tanu most of us wouldn't know each other or some of us so shes also a friendship maker.
  • Options
    i just thought of something without tanu most of us wouldn't know each other or some of us so shes also a friendship maker.

That's very true, Ali :);)

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member

Tanu, at this time I have no sim gift for you, only words

Thank you
    Thank you for sacrificing your time for us
    Thank you for bringing sunshine and smiles with each post
    Thank you for keeping us in line
    Thank you for being You

<3
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Ok, going down the list... XD

@ADWilson love it! What a great hangout/waterpark! Something for everyone! And the colors work wonderfully with LP! (think they'll also work well with RH, too!) Now I just have to find a spot to put it!

@LadyEmillye this looks like a wonderful family home. Love the kitchen! Did I count right? *Five* bedrooms, plus nursery?! Like how you used the greenhouse windows, too!

@MiaSkywalker Great use of the mission/hewnsman sets! Love that fireplace, I just don't use it as much as I'd like. It rarely seems to fit what I'm doing, lol. But it works here, and looks great! The woods with the yellows really work here! Very nice!

@Kgaff University Pizza is so colorful! Great place for those college kids to hang out. ;) And the arcade games will give them something to do after they've had their pizza! Think I even spotted a place for a jam session or two, how fun!

@MsPrissy88 looks great! It can be a real challenge building from a house plan inspiration...mostly because our game can't do everything real architects can manage! XD But it turned out great, love it!

@suzses Chocolate Cream Drop is adorable! Love the front door, and the arch on the front porch! The pattern in the kitchen really pulls that room together, very nice! And look, they can make things that taste as yummy as the name of the house sounds on that baker's oven there! ;)

@Catdog123 Ok, this is officially the first time I've ever really liked that facial hair on a sim. :lol: And I really love his vest! Reinaldo and Puck are wonderful! Love 'em!

@cmbaker16 Love the cottage with a greenhouse! Was admiring Reinaldo's surroundings in @Catdog123's pictures, and it's awesome that y'all made gifts that go together! So colorful! And it suits him. ;)

@Shannen Julia is a beautiful fairy and it looks like she'll be a lot of fun to have around! Love the pictures...Grim's door never fails to amuse me!

@SjappielovePaul The Leraar-Geluk family is great! Gotta love a big happy family! And their house will look wonderful in DV! Really love the pond! And the way you worked in the fairy items and happily ever after cottage stuff is wonderful...it all meshes well together!

@ciane Great suburban house! Great color scheme throughout, and I love that is has 4 bedrooms so it suits a larger family. And I really love the recolor on that bunk bed! And I always have liked that blue roof!

@Hoplass Heather made me chuckle...the plundering the fridge in the bathing suit and working out in her outerwear, too funny! Great little family with lots of potential! :smiley:

@friendsfan367 Donovan sounds like a fun fairy to play...gotta love the combo of adventurous and daredevil!

And I think I got 'em all! :lol:

@tanubanue you totally deserve it! Can't begin to tell you how much fun I've had participating in these! And it wouldn't have been the same with you setting it all up for us! You've done such a wonderful job with all the details. I can't even begin to imagine how much work it has to be, what with first matching up everyone to the perfect buddy and then being there as a go between whenever someone has questions about their buddy's letter! Not to mention the help play testing and giving advice! You've done an amazing job, and you completely deserve all the shiny things made just for you!
  • Options
    figureitout01figureitout01 Posts: 188 Member
    So. Close. So. Close. After this I can finally stop taking pictures. But I really hope you enjoy this gift Tanu, at first I had no idea what to build and then I decided to reopen a really old project I never even started.

That project happened to be the Bridgeport Federal Archives!

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8970988

Probably the most strangest building I've ever built. Now let's start the tour.

First a look at the building from it's entrance side.

screenshot_original.jpg

And now lets look into the car park. Here's the first picture that shows the entrance.

screenshot_original.jpg

And another view of the car park.

screenshot_original.jpg

A view of the lobby.

screenshot_original.jpg

Now onto the next floor. The main library level. Here you can see some of the bookshelves while looking out of the elevator/staircase room.

screenshot_original.jpg

A view of the bookshelves with some seating visible.

screenshot_original.jpg

Another view of the main library where the seating is more visible.

screenshot_original.jpg

Onto the next floor which has all the computer terminals. It's actually split into three "sections. On the right is the main area with small cubicles, on the left is the lecture room. And then on the strip at the bottom of this area are various rooms with up to 4 terminals in them. Here is a picture of the main terminal area.

screenshot_original.jpg

The lecture theatre.

screenshot_original.jpg

One of the private rooms.

screenshot_original.jpg

On the final floor is a secretary/lobby area with a meeting room and the librarian's office. Here is the meeting room.

screenshot_original.jpg

The librarian's office with the lobby visible through the doors.

screenshot_original.jpg

Now for the real archives in the basement. Here you have the corridor leading up to the main archives which is on the first basement.

screenshot_original.jpg

A view of the archives.

screenshot_original.jpg

Another picture of the archives.

http://lvlt.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/358/036/019/00/screenshot_original.jpg

This is a picture of the third basement level and shows more "private" office suites which would be soundproofed so you can read/work in peace. There is a second basement level which contains some offices which would be for government/library workers but I haven't got any pictures of it for some reason. Sorry.

screenshot_original.jpg

And the final basement level which includes those really disgusting toilets that never seem to get cleaned. Don't worry you don't see the toilets, just the poorly lit corridor.

screenshot_original.jpg

And now to top it all off some more cleaner pictures of the roof and the building. First a non-functioning helipad that's there for decoration and is accessible via the fourth floor.

screenshot_original.jpg

The skylight.

screenshot_original.jpg

A bird's eye view.

screenshot_original.jpg

And to top it all off a picture of the building at night.

screenshot_original.jpg

Hope you enjoy the building.

And thanks, Tanu, for all your dedication and hosting this wonderful event......which is weird of me to say because we've only just met and this is my first one of these but oh well.

Good luck with your future endeavors.

• Options
    SkymystSkymyst Posts: 3,888 Member
    Tanu when Addie came to us all about making your final gift exchange special I just knew I had to join in. After all the times you have been there to help me with gifts or just to listen to me complain about my problems I really wanted to make you a small thank you gift. My muse spent some time coming up with Adira but as I started working on her things just fell into place and I started to enjoy how she was coming out. I really hope you do as well! I know you are on a trip as a write this but please know you will be missed as a lovely host but you left us in amazing hands! Thank you for all you do and for just being you! So without further delay let me introduce you to Adira Borfield. She is a young adult with a complicated past … at least she things so ………

Adira Borfield Download Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8971482

screenshot_original.jpg

Adira woke up one more in the hospital. The doctors told her she was in a bad accident but she doesn't remember a thing. Not what happened and not who she is. The doctors told her part of her brain was damage during the accident and while they were able to save her and fix the injury with no complications, the part of the brain that was damaged was "the memory center". So basically what that means is she may never remember anything or she may get small pieces of her past life that make little sense to her. She stayed in the hospital for 6 weeks recovering from the surgery in that time it was suggestion she stop worrying about who she was and start to form a new life. After talking with some of the nurses they helped her pick out a name from some of the hospitals "baby name" books. One doctor named Greg really took to her and helped her deal with what had happened to her. He even used some of his contacts at the police station to help get her a new set of ID. With no job, no money, no car and no memory of who she was or if she had any family the future seemed scary to her. Greg once again swooped in to help – he helped get her a 50K loan from his bank with him as the co-signer. He told her he was sorry he could not help her remember who she was but he would do his best to make her future look bright.

So with money in hand Adira set out to find herself a home she could call her own … but where? Did she stay in Lucky Palms where Greg is or would it be better to move to a new town? After all she may not know who she was but many others did …. Maybe she was a bad girl who robbed people! Thinking about it always seem to make her head hurt. What does the future hold for Adira – Only Tanu knows. Created by Skymyst as a Gift for the Hostess With The Mostest Tanu!
  • Options
    XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    @tanubanue

Thank you so much for all of the time and effort you have put into events like these <3 You help make this community such a wonderful place to be x
  • Options
    SkymystSkymyst Posts: 3,888 Member
    @tanubanue Hope this note finds you doing well and relaxing from your trip. I am not trying to push I know you have a lot on your plate but I just wanted to check in and see if you seen my gift for you above. I know I was late posting it.
  • Options
    @ADWilson , @LadyEmillye , @Bookworm742 , @MiaSkywalker , @Kgaff, @MsPrissy88 , @Suzses, @Catdog123 , @cmbaker16 , @Shannen , @SjappielovePaul , @Ciane, @aricarai , @Hoplass , @friendsfan367 , @Mmdrgntobldrgn , @figureitout01 , @Skymyst, @XxHannelorexX

Hey everyone! :)

I got home late yesterday and spent most of today on the phone with family and trying to do laundry and get food and unpack. We found out Friday morning that my Uncle has passed on so I've been a bit distracted.

The trip was amazing and wonderful and healing for my husband. Thank you for all the wishes for a great trip.

I just wanted to let you all know how very grateful I am for each and every one of you and I will always treasure friendships I've made during the exchanges. I also want you all to know how much I appreciate all the gifts in this thread for little old me. I honestly haven't had time for more than a quick peek but I promise over the next few days I will be going through each message and each gift and thanking each of you properly.

Love <3 Smiles :) and Hugs!!
  • Options
    One of my favorite things about first participating in the exchanges and then hosting them was never the gifts. It was the friendships and feeling of togetherness that they brought into our community of simmers. As things changed and the GG site started slowing down and then things started to disappear it saddened me. But I continued to do the exchanges hoping that people would still do them and still discover them and that they would still be that place of friendship and togetherness and they truly have continued to be. I am Blessed by all the friends that I have met over the years. Exchanges are a kind of home in the simming world and I hope that they will be for a long time to come.

@AdWilson ~ I think I told you everything I love about Banu Beach over our conversation that day :) I really love the colors and all the little touches. My sims will have a lot to do! Thank you for agreeing to host the exchanges and keeping them going. Most of all Thank you for being my little Sis <3 you!

@LadyEmillye ~ I'm so happy to have met you through the exchanges and I want to Thank you so much for Luxury Retreat! I don't mind having your pattern at all! :) I'm really liking the colors and that it seems much bigger than it is. I also want a bathroom like that! lol I'm also grateful for the chance to get to know you a bit and I hope to get to know you more :)

@Bookworm742 ~ Up the Ante is a beautiful home! I love the mid century stuff which is funny because when I got the set I bought it to use in a gift for someone in an exchange thinking I would never use it but it's become one of my favorite sets! This home will fit in perfectly with some other lots I have. Thank you for this and for your friendship! :)

@MiaSkywalker ~ I'm so happy you said that you feel part of something here in these exchanges because that's my goal with these exchanges. That everyone, whether they have participated in many or this was their first, feels as if they belong and are among friends. So Thank you for your gift of saying that! I'm Blessed for the chance to get to know you :) Thank you also for Little Mission Cottage. I do like all the wood tones!

@Kgaff ~ University Pizza is just perfect. Not just for my college town but also for other towns as well as Pizza shops are lacking in every world. Loving the red it really makes it pop and makes it a happy place to hang out. Your name is one of the ones that makes me smile every time I see you sign up in an exchange. Thanks for your friendship and your continued support of the exchanges! :)