Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sweet and Spicy-A reading circle!

SourochaSourocha Posts: 1,465 Member
Welcome! To the Sweet and Spicy, reading circle! and If you are not acquainted with a reading circle, click here!, and here, at the Sweet and Spicy reading circle, we intend to read and discuss each others publications, caring, and talking to each other, with any theme and game!

-Can be Sweet as a child story, or spicy as a drama!

-Knowing, too, that everyone has a life on the other side of the screen, so If any thing happens, life come first and it is understandable to take some time! ;) We follow too, the Ea Forums rules!

-And we are looking for new members!

Our Members!:
@Sourocha
@xshear
@Simcraft81
@Irishsong
--Empty!

What are our stories?
@Sourocha:
The life of the Majolente's.

@xshear:
The selection challenge.

@Simcraft81:
Sims Stories.

@Irishsong
The Aria Chronicles.

Post edited by Sourocha on

Comments

• Options
    BloudwedBloudwed Posts: 463 Member
    Good Morning! What a great idea you had to start this. Looking really forward to this. I am in the middle of writing the prologue for my story atm so I will add a link to my story during the weekend. It is a very plot-driven story, my first so I am very nervous. But it will be circling around the Apocalypse Challenge that much I can say.
    AMB.jpg
  • Options
    @Bloudwed It really sounds interresting! And yes, this is going to be interresting! And I'm really excited to start this!but, first, I should see how other reading circle work in the beginning.. :D
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    OK, I am going to change my sig, but un the meanwhile here is the prologue:

OK, find a link to the prologue in my signature:-)
    AMB.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @Bloudwed Gonna start reading! :) Would you prefer that I put the link to the prologe or the first chapter?
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Sourocha wrote: »
    @Bloudwed Gonna start reading! :) Would you prefer that I put the link to the prologe or the first chapter?

Do the prologue for now (since thats the only place there is). Eventually I will get a proper index page up :-)
    AMB.jpg
  • Options
    @Bloudwed It's up! Alredy put the link! And I saw that some people in the other reading circle would put the opinion about the story under spoiler, so, here it goes!:
    I find the beggining of the story very interresting, especially the detail you put about the ''incident''1 like the cat-eyes and what happen to the surviovors! i find It a very interresting way to start the Apocalypse challenge. The main character sorry if you said her name in the story and I didn't see it... :D is really unique, but I wonder how people will react to her in outside the dome, as i think in this apocalypse world, people will not be very nice, as they are trying to survive at any costs...And too that she should carry something like a water purifier, and know how to fight...is going to be interresting! :)
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Have started to read your story and I really like it!
    I have found that I love to jump into the middle of a story because that for some reason gives me a deeper experience from the story. And this you really suceeds with here and I really enjoys it. Your characters are really funny. For some odd reason I like Lucia, she is really.... uhm... special^^
    AMB.jpg
  • Options
    @Bloudwed
    Lucia does...stands out, really! :D
  • Options
    xshearxshear Posts: 12 New Member
    Hey there! Newbie at posting here, but I've been playing Sims for forever! Would love to be a part of this reading circle - I currently have a story of my own on Tumblr. Let me know if spots are still available! :)
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @xshear Hello! Welcome to the forums, by the way! And yes! there are still sposts available! I supost you know that, when entering a reading circle is necessary to read others storys as well, and give it feedback! Just like we will do with yours, that's if you are interrested! :) Oh, and a nice place to talk about storys and talk with others sim's stories creators is the Writers'Lounge. :)
  • Options
    @Sourocha Thanks! And yes, I'm still totally interested in joining your guys reading circle! I look forward to reading both of your stories and getting to know you guys. I can't post a link to my story because I'm new, so, I'm not sure what to do. Thanks for the link to the Writer's Lounge; I'll def check it out. :smile:
  • Options
    @xshear Neat! I will add you right now! And you can post the link, and we can copy and paste it! And I now, welcome you to the reading circle!
    cjkc5hR.gif
    Welcome, @xshear! we have a new member, @Bloudwed!
  • Options
    @Sourocha @Bloudwed Hooray! Super excited to join and I look forward to reading both your guys stories! :) Sadly, I'm still considered to be a newbie therefore I can't post any links yet. I can direct you to my blog and you can update this forum with a proper link! :) It's Tumblr blog; if you type in 'the selection challenge' you should be able to see the blog pop up! Let me know if you have any trouble finding it. God, can't wait till I have enough points to post links and update my profile picture of my simself, haha.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @xshear Just to confirm, would It be this one?
  • Options
    @Sourocha You got it! ;) It's kind of scary putting my story out here in the Sim world... haha. But, I love it, so yeah. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @xshear Your are now on the list! And I'm going to start reading! ;) And depending on how big is each chapter, maybe I will coment about each one. Going to edit, so It puts in archive, as It's showing the latest chapter!
  • Options
    @Sourocha I hope you enjoy it! :blush:
  • Options
    @xshear I have just read the intro's, and...
    I think Nadia looks ''caliente'' and very pretty! I wonder how she was able to keep herself that elegant with 7 brothers! I hope Emma don't fall into friendzone, but hey, she is now n the game with the others! Corki looks cute! And I wonder why such a smart person would want to marry a prince...Mallory has an classic beaultiy, really, and poetry sounds really..romantic! Hazel too, she must find him interresting! and a sicentist princess would be interresting!Becca looks like she is from a romantic comedy! :D Karoline does look nice, well, she is a model! Jaime could be looking for more that the Prince in this...maybe infomation? I hope Lyla start to like him, i find her really diferent for the others girls, and i quite like it! And I imagine an punk/rock princess...Eleni has an ''mom'' vibe and I quite like it...Let's see if Erica will have the head to date a prince...and If she is here, who is with her siblins? I wonder...
  • Options
    Welcome @xshear ! I hope you will have a nice time around here!

Today have been going in a million miles per hours so I have not yet had a chanse to catch my breath. So no reading yet for me. But I am looking to continue reading both of your stories some more! Had the opportunity to sit down and write some paragraphs on the first chapter after the prologue for my Apocalypse Challenge and it is turning out quite nice I hope. So far I am pleased at least. But as usual the plot and characters are living their own life....
    AMB.jpg
  • Options
    @Bloudwed That's nice! Looking foward to the next chapter! :)
  • Options
    @xshear Ok, read ''group date'' (both)! And..
    Good place to take the ladies to, To show then that the Prince life is not only in a castle! I hope Eleni founds love, independent If it's with Colin or not,Lyla too, i hope she finds someone, and would be nice if Is Colin! But again, a queen and a band leader...would not be easy!Natalie (or nadia?) :D Is thinking just what I was thinking, It must be weird to be in this...but, hey, is the royalty!Karolina is beaultiful, but I think I just it. Mor confidence, Emma! Girl, If you want to get that man, being confident is the key! Hazel can always lock herself in the bathroom!
  • Options
    @Sourocha I just read your story - you have so much written; loved it!
    For some reason, I'm really partial to Robin - I love everything about her character, especially with her helping solve who started the fire! And, the honeymoon - swoon! Loved how after each day you wrote the family and included attached photos; such a cute idea (I hope babies are in the future soon!). Speaking of cute, how adorable is Nicollas? Can't wait for him to have a little cousin to play with... ;) And James and Esmeralda are just so perfect for each other - I look forward to their wedding! Really hope Robin finds someone soon... perhaps with Andre? ;)
  • Options
    @Bloudwed Thank you!! I look forward to reading your story! I just finished catching up on @Sourocha story & she has so much written; love it! I never really have a plot until I let my sims kind of play the plot out for me and then they let me write their story and share with the world...

@Sourocha Thank you for all your wonderful comments!
    Yeah, some of these girls have some personalities on them, but I def have my favorites! Lyla, of course, is totally one of them. There's just something about her... did I keep going back and forth on Nadia/Natalie? I thought I did... :D I know, Emma totally needs to set up her game, but is it a lost cause already?! ;) Thank you so much for reading!!
  • Options
    Ok peeps, I have actually created a new page for the story so you do not need to get lost in all my other (*cough Drifter*) unfinnished stories:
    http://keepitsimplysims.com/the-apocalypse-challenge/with-hope-for-a-better-world/ @Sourocha feel free to update the index in the top!

And I have a new chapter out. Not the longest in history but I am pleased with it at least: Chapter 1.1
    AMB.jpg
  • Options
    @Bloudwed Okay, I put In the index! And now, about the first chapter!
    Hope is smart! I really liked that, I liked her because she has style and a brain! Oh! So she is working for the goverment...maybe they left her In there? Maybe something happen In the dome? Things could not be só shiny and pretty...Her house is little, but in apocalypse is very nice! None of the people she met look dangerous...but apparence can be wrong! I wonder at what point would they go to enter the dome... :D
    @xshear Okay, about my and your story!
    Lyla is vey special, ineed! Go rock princess! Is never too late, Emma! Go dress something pretty and go get him! Robin is a very nice person, and thanks! Their Honeymoon sure was nice, but the Windenburg scenery helped a lot! And Yes Robin could see Andre more than as a friend...? :D