Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Loading takes so long... Someone please help

So when I first got the game it loaded for about 2 minutes, an hour later my screen took about 5 minutes to load, and now it takes more then 10 minutes... This is rediculous, I paid for this game and even spent a little more money on the deluxe pack. And I tried everything... I went to game setting out everything on low, and it's still taking more then 10 minutes. I've been looking for a solution forever, but I couldn't find one so I'm writing this. Can anyone please help, I'm desperate for help, anything to make it at least back to 2 minutes would be great. Thanks

Comments

• BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    So when I first got the game it loaded for about 2 minutes, an hour later my screen took about 5 minutes to load, and now it takes more then 10 minutes... This is rediculous, I paid for this game and even spent a little more money on the deluxe pack. And I tried everything... I went to game setting out everything on low, and it's still taking more then 10 minutes. I've been looking for a solution forever, but I couldn't find one so I'm writing this. Can anyone please help, I'm desperate for help, anything to make it at least back to 2 minutes would be great. Thanks

Do you have any CC/Mods installed? What additional Packs do you have installed along with the base game? What Mac do you have?

apple-signature.png
  • AustinSimsStarlingAustinSimsStarling Posts: 2 New Member
    I do not have any mods, I'm pretty sure the deluxe is a pack, and I have a MacBook Air.
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    Do you have any additional content added? Like Get to Work/Get Together/Spa Day/Outdoor Retreat etc?

How big is your save game, in Mb? You can see in Finder or single click on the saves folder, hold down CMD and press i and an info window will open telling you how big the folder is. Additionally open the folder and see how big your individual saves are.

MacBook Airs are great but don't have very powerful processors and graphics for gaming. This means that the longer you play and the bigger your saves become, the slower your game will lag.
    apple-signature.png
  • MarleyTheWizardMarleyTheWizard Posts: 962 Member
    This means that the longer you play and the bigger your saves become, the slower your game will lag.

this makes so much sense now that I think about it. no wonder my current game is a little...slow
    I Sometimes Tweet About The Sims 4
    Gallery ID: MarleyTheWizard