March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A couple ideas to improve parties a bit...

Okay, here are two things that I think would really make throwing parties work better for me, and much less frustrating.

1: Being able to look at/invite people from the whole household. This is especially annoying when it comes to kids, because kids can't throw parties, but then if I want the kid's friends to show up, I have to go the trouble of introducing them to the kid's parents, which is a huge hassle. So, it would be AMAZING if I could just click on a button saying, say, "show (household member)'s contacts", and invite from that list as well. I mean, it makes sense in story too...if you're throwing a party for your kid, you'd be able to, Oh I don't know, ask them who they want to invite?

It would also be super cool if, when getting married to an NPC, we could look at the NPC's contact list once they've been designated as the bride or groom. I mean, just because they're an NPC their parent's don't get invited to the wedding?

2: Social actions to direct Sims you hire for your event. So, if you hire a caterer, you could go up to them, click, and say, "ask/direct to make Garden Salad" (or whatever). Same with mixologist. Hell, I'd actually appreciate this with the maids and repair people as well...being able to direct them towards a certain task.

And, lastly, this is mostly a quibble, but I've noticed that all the household members get the confidant "sucessful host" buff after the party, which kind of makes me wonder why we're asked to designate a host at all. Anyway, just some thoughts.

Comments

• CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    Great suggestions! I think they'd all be good improvements.
  • Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    Great ideas! No. 1 is so frustrating, I hope they read and implement your suggestion.
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Reviving this cause have a few more things to say about parties, lol.

3: I would like it if Dinner Parties had a formal dress code instead of party dress or, even better, if we were able to designate a dress code for our parties! So we can choose what the vibe is! Maybe it's just a casual house party, and we just want people showing up in their everyday outfits...maybe it's a fancy dinner party, and a more formal attire is approppriate, maybe it's a dance party and we want people in their party clothes...but it's weird for sims to show up in the same outfit for all these events :-/

4: Since City Living came out, I'd like to be able to hold parties--particularly birthdays--there, which we can't right now. That's probably an oversight.

5: I wish there was more variety in what sims wear at things like costume and black and white parties. Srsly, why does everyone where the same dress and the same 5 costumes? Just put in any black or white dress, and it's be cool if some of the more "historical" outfits were options for costumes, like the von haunt ghost outfits and some things from the vampire pack, that sort of thing.
  • determigdetermig Posts: 75 Member
    I really miss the option to choose when and what to wear. Also the parties are too short - you should be able to choose time and duration for each party. The time before meals are cooked, people got inside and mixologist making drinks the party is already over before my sim can get to 'party'. Also I would like to throw a houseparty, like a dance party but at home, and a pool party. I barely use the pool, so why not a pool party?
  • NephilimNephilim Posts: 64 Member
    I loved the way sims in TS3 were wild after some juice like dancing on bars, feeling woozy and being all bonkers :lol: wish our sims could have more "party animal" animations.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I wish they would get rid of the list of what you must do. It's a pain in the rear.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    catitude5 wrote: »
    I wish they would get rid of the list of what you must do. It's a pain in the rear.

It's optional. Untick "prestige event" when you're creating the party.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member