Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any very hard challenges to try?

Hello simmers! I want to try and put my skills in the Sims to the test.. So, is there any really difficult challenges that people have tried or completed and would like to share? It can be based on TS2, TS3, or TS4 doesn't really matter! I have seen lots of challenges around, and I think there is way too many great ones to try! Is there any difficult but yet pretty fun challenges to try out? Thanks! :)

Comments

• Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I would try playing a town-based legacy with the game Modded out with the NRaas Mod collection and try to manage the entire town in a larger world.I've been playing a modified 100 baby challenge in Storybrook County and any baby born to a resident in the town counts.This is for Sims 3 and you can play that form Sims 2 though it's a lot easier in that game because you can add new districts like shopping districts or a downtown district to get more space for children as they grow up and want to move out on their own.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    TheSimsFan96TheSimsFan96 Posts: 102 Member
    Hey, that seems like a pretty interesting challenge! It'll be pretty interesting especially since the whole entire neighborhood will be populated with just family! Will have to try that out sometime! Thanks for your suggestion for a challenge! Any other challenges anyone may have let me know!
  • Options
    Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    @TheSimsFan96 I created a challenge for myself which I never really advertised here before I'm just doing it myself. It requires a couple to max all skills and complete all skill challenges. This is a difficult and time consuming challenge. There are some other specific rules that you can read about at this link: The Quest for Supremacy Challenge

The challenge I'm doing based on my story is called Going Solo and that one is long to complete but it is easy. It can also be played in either Sims 3 or 4 and I think the rules can be adapted for Sim 2 if you wanted to. I have a link to that one also: The Going Solo Challenge
  • Options
    The town wouldn't have just family because you're supposed to move sims in from edit town and play all of the families in town.I would allow adoptions or adding roommates if you have UL and the roommated fix mod from MTS.
  • Options
    @Piazzagirl1015 That's a great challenge idea! I've always wanted to hear about a challenge that involves maxing out your skills and completing all the skill challenges and I also really love the idea of moving worlds in order as well! Definitely going to have to try this out! @TadOlson I really do love that twist to it when you can use "Edit Town" because I have tons of single sim families to use for that, I'm definitely going to have to try that challenge out as well! Thank you both very much for your suggestions!
  • Options
    I've got a link to my blog in my signature and there's rules for my 100 baby challenge posted there.They're modified and sims are supposed to be married to their baby dad or get pollinated if they're close to elder and can't find a husband.Young women having babies out of wedlock usually do it because they got pregnant just before the husband died.I use empty custom worlds for my 100 baby challenge and Mod the game heavily to stop bugs and glitches like the EA social workers deleting sims from the game which can corrupt the save.
  • Options
    Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    @TheSimsFan96 If you do try it let me know how you are doing with it or if you find mistakes or have questions along the way. I have never written a challenge before so I would appreciate the feedback. :)
  • Options
    hp_enchantresshp_enchantress Posts: 62 Member
    I've read about The Mansionacy Challenge, and I thought that sounded a little complicated. It's not getting the 10 generations that seems hard, but adding 5 rooms to the house/mansion/castle/whatever for every sim added to the family (whether through marriage or birth). I can't help but think that eventually they'd run out of space to put more rooms. How would the floor plan work with that anyway? Yeah, it sounds complicated to me!
  • Options
    @TadOlson I like your modifications, in my opinion makes the challenge so much better due to the fact that with this you can actually add your own sims using "Edit Town", awesome! Don't you just hate it when your saves get corrupted too? Worst thing ever.
    @Piazzagirl1015 Thanks! When I do end up trying it out I'll let you know how it is! Pretty sure it'll be a very incredible experience!
    @hp_enchantress I've never even heard of the Mansionacy challenge, that sounds pretty hard. Especially for the fact you'll run out of room so fast with even the biggest lots in the game. :( Sounds like a very intriguing and challenging challenge! Thank you all for your suggestions! Much appreciated! :)
  • Options
    CharKittyBooCharKittyBoo Posts: 569 Member
    I would love to do the 100 baby challenge but I know I could never stick to it haha
    Family player we got toddlers...my life is complete 1/12/17 best. day. ever.
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree
  • Options
    I've had a few get corrupted after EA's non-playable social workers removed children from families in three saves.The first was an inactive child and my toddler's family tree started showing family pets as his parents.The next one was even worse and it was Claire Ursine's baby that got taken after she died.That one got my toddler assigned into the law enforcement career and his child aged sister was in military.That save was also corrupted by the baby being deleted.The last one was from my active family's baby being taken and that one was the worst for getting corrupted.Houseold objects started showing up in family trees along with vehicles and pets.It ended up getting a IU failure and I deleted it because it wasn't playable after that.
  • Options
    SimplyObsessed28SimplyObsessed28 Posts: 148 Member
    edited September 2016
    @TheSimsFan96 The I'm a Lover Challenge is pretty tough :smile:

https://youtu.be/4uyoChMNGaw
    Check out my YouTube channel for awesome Let's Plays, CAS vids, Speed Builds and more!

https://www.youtube.com/c/SimplyObsessed

Twitter https://twitter.com/Sim_plyObsessed
    Instagram https://www.instagram.com/simplyobsessed_/
    Tumblr http://sim-plyobsessed.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    ItzAntz7ItzAntz7 Posts: 7 New Member
    The Danganronpa challenge, the animal crossing challenge, the A-Z baby challenge, the 30 day challenge and the Runaway teen challenge. These are all amazing challenges.
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    You could try a Hum-Alien challenge Legacy. Same rules as a normal Legacy EXCEPT you have to start with either a human or and Alien and, by the 10th generation, breed all of that out of the family. So if you start Human, by the end, all related sims of that last generation MUST look Alien, or if you start Alien, they all MUST look entirely Human.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    AlexSimzAlexSimz Posts: 155 Member
    I find the 100 baby challenge to be really hard just because of the sheer patience it takes to take care of 100 babies. Plus I keep getting twins, so my matriarch is broke.
    KUAOATG.png
    The Holton Legacy
    (Currently on Generation 1)

• Options
    There's a lot of 100 babies challenge suggestions! That seems like it would be very interesting so I am definitely leaning on trying that one out! @SimplyObsessed28 I looked overthe rules for that one, and I love legacy based challenges and that one definitely seems like a great objective-like challenge, which I really like having a certain set of objectives! @ItzAntz7 Nice list of challenges! I've never heard of the Danganronpa one before, so I'll have to check it out to see what that's about! @DarkAmaranth1966 Hum-Alien challenge sounds really cool, I really like the idea around genetic-blending between different life-states (alien and sims), that sounds like a great challenge especially to make it more difficult I'll try it out for Sims 2! Thank you so much for all the great suggestions everyone!
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

There's the Sims 2 Build a City Challenge... I've restarted mine at least 6 times. I keep thinking I can start it better. XD
    http://boolprop.net/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=45

I love the Sims 2 Apocalypse Challenge with Advantages and Handicaps:
    http://apocalypsechallenge.kaleiope.com/
    * http://boolprop.net/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=515

I'm trying an Adult Start, Hopeless Apocalypse on the largest lot. :)
    She just had her 3 baby and is 2 days from Elder but all her kids are boys. Now I have to use those 3 lifts to open up Music & Intelligence so one of the males can get abducted. :lol:
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Try reaching on top of career with sim with short lifespan before they turn into elder. To make it harder, try doing this with 3 different households (And they must age, too).
  • Options
    KajkaElinaKajkaElina Posts: 201 Member
    Have two cats live outside and have them catch their own food. It is ridiculously hard to feed your cats with the prey and the hunger drops really quickly. Even if your cat is level 8 in hunting, they miss every second prey. It´s a bit stupid.
    CATS ARE THE BEST!

My Origin ID is catKajka.
  • Options
    @Rflong7 I've heard of the Build a city challenge before! Seems like an interesting and very time-consuming challenge to do but nonetheless seems very fun! I like reading about the Apocalypse challenge to, seems to be extremely difficult, probably one of the most out of a lot of the challenges I've seen! (And I must say, I am an absolute huge fan of your worlds that you build! I love using Legacy Island, Glenvale City, and much more! You seriously deserve an award for all of the amazing creations you've done for The Sims 3!)

@EgonVM I'll have to take a look at the days it takes for the short age span. That seems like a very difficult one! Especially I can see it more so in TS4.

@KajkaElina Honestly have never played households with pets too much but that seems like a very interesting idea! Especially if there was a rapid-motive decay mod to go along with that? Imagine that difficulty!

Thank you all so much for the wonderful suggestions!
  • Options
    Namaya92Namaya92 Posts: 934 Member
    The apocalypse challenge for The Sims 3! It's huge and theres a lot of reading to do, but I really love that challenge and it really makes you appreciate some things in the game that you never knew you'd miss haha!
  • Options
    IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    Another idea is the Drifter Challenge for sims 4.. it's complex and long, but definitely a challenge.
  • Options
    alsvalsv Posts: 36 Member
    Oh, I've created a new challenge that you might find fun! It's not exactly very hard, but I don't think it is very easy on the other hand. It's the The Sims 3 Expansion Challenge. It is legacy-based and has a set of rules and objectives for each generation: [...]discussion/900635/the-sims-3-expansion-challenge (sorry, I'm a new member and I can't post links yet)
  • Options
    absin0901absin0901 Posts: 44 Member
    Good post
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    @Namaya92 Thanks for the plug! @TheSimsFan96 We have been working all summer to tidy up the rules for the Apocalypse Callenge for Sims 3 and in fact are starting a tournament on October 1st. You can read all about it here. We have a lively and friendly group on our Facebook Group and would love to have you join or anyone else that loves Sims 3 challenges join us. If you don't want to join the FB group we will be monitoring the tournament thread for questions and anyone is welcome to post there instead even if you don't want to join the tournament you can still ask questions. We have lots of folks that test it out to get their feet wet before diving in. :)