Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Time Machine; To the Past!

I saw something slightly similar in a post about kilts, (which we totally need) but I had a crazy idea for a full-fledged pack, not just some cool clothing.

I had an idea for an EP that would sort of combine World Adventures and Into the Future from Sims 3.
A time machine that your sim discovers, that goes to the past. They could choose from two or three locations, and (hopefully) visit various time periods. Medieval England/Ireland would be awesome, as well as perhaps Ancient Rome, Greece, or maybe even Egypt. The sim would have to conceal the time machine, and try to fit in with the local people, while going on quests, (Somewhat like opportunities from Sims 3) learning new recipes and skills, (Perhaps magic?) using special interactions, and purchasing special ingredients, books, clothing, and more, that would only be available from that time period. Then, the sim could sell some of those objects when they get back to the present time as 'Antiques' and make a pretty penny. The sim would probably have to build the machine themselves using the Handiness skill, or perhaps acquire it in the Scientist career.
So many ideas and possibilities!

So what do you think? Would you add or change anything? Would this work out well? Or is there some issue that I didn't think of? (Probably so)
I haven't done a ton of research into this, so if anything like this already exists or has been hinted at, please tell me.
Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    So what do you think?
    I like the idea. And may have even suggested something similar not too long ago. I like your concept of incorporating something like world adventures, that's a bit different.
    Would you add or change anything?
    Yar.
    Maybe 4 possible destinations.
    Ancient world (a bit Egypt, a bit Rome)
    Medieval Europe (germany/france/italy)
    Tudoresque England (with less beheadings/burnings) (thought this could be merged into the medieval one)
    1700's Scotland (I know of a lot of housewives who would fall over each other trying to buy a pack that contained this)

It'd be nice if the time portal was either a ring of standing stones, or an arch made of standing stones.

Would this work out well? Or is there some issue that I didn't think of?
    I think it would be awesome.
    And if they're not adding supernaturals in other packs, this would be the one to do it in (a witch in the ancient world, a medieval vampire, and a 1700's scottish werewolf)
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    EmeraldEclipse1EmeraldEclipse1 Posts: 103 Member
    I think a Supernatural pack would be great to go along with this, but I think it might be too much to ask for to have it included, if you catch my drift. Supernatural was a huge EP, with tons of new content. I think it would be best for it be on its own as a EP, so that it could be a fully developed standalone Expansion Pack that just goes along really well with this one.
    I love your ideas, especially the stone portal! The Tudors would be really cool as well.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited August 2016
    there should be many options to time travel.

Scientists building a time machine

Sorcerers or fairies trying to cast time travel spells.

you know its one of the laws of magic.

You can't make someone love you
    You can't bring back the dead
    You can't change the past
    Supernaturals can't be made.

You see Laws were only meant to be broken by someone superior, and they're more safety precautions.
    not because it says "can't" it's more "You shouldn't"

The challenge alone is difficult. whether building the machine or casting the spell.

if you're going to the past, you have to be really careful

one slip up and you or loved one can be erased from existence. a house or build you worked so hard on might not be there when you get back.
    you could come back poor/richer.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    EmeraldEclipse1EmeraldEclipse1 Posts: 103 Member
    Oooh, trips to the past are risky? I like this idea.