Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would be cool if upgrading ubjects increased home/object worth

Mostly, I'm just thinking in reference to the Mansion Baron aspiration, I think it would help distinguish it from the plain old wealthy aspiration, but it would also just be neat to be able to sell a object for more once you've gone to the trouble to upgrade it :-)

Comments

• Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    I've always thought that comfort levels of furniture (and corresponding value) should be upgradable with the handiness skills. I like the look of some of the lower comfort furniture, but I want the comfort.

I'm not a legacy player (if I understand the term applied to the Sims), but I always though it'd be nice to designate certain items (grandfather clocks, sofas, mirrors, etc.) as "heirlooms" passed down from Sim to Sim family member. Maybe even have them take on a certain patina as the furniture ages or received its "heirloom" or "antique" status.
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I'd love a way to take crummy furniture and to upgrade it and sell them in a shop for a profit! Things like this would be a nice addition to the handiness/woodworking skill. It'd be good for electricals too.
  • YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    Seeing as how the appearance of the object doesn't change, not sure if it would be with the trouble
  • FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    These are all great ideas - I totally support them. I would love to have a retail store where my super-handy sim could upgrade appliances and furniture and then sell it on at a whopping profit. He does not have enough outlets for his skills at the moment.