Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's your checklist for perfecting Sims 4?

Similar thread I saw earlier that was talking about existing content you wanted to try in the game.
Instead, what's your checklist of the content that you'd like to be added for your game to feel 'complete' in a way?
I know I've got one:
- Pets
- Seasons
- University
- Generations
- Supernatural
- City/Fame
- Exotic Vacation Destinations
Just the basic themes of old expansions from previous games I'd love to have in this iteration to be occupied for an infinite amount of time. Anyone have any new ideas - whether variations and new spins on the above, different priorities or new content all together that we have never had before?

(disclaimer: I'm one of the people who is pretty happy with the current game, think it has great potential and will be fantastic when fully fleshed out with packs at the end of its run! Feel free to disagree of course, maybe your checklist will be what it will take to make the game tolerable for you)

Comments

• TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    An on/off toggle for supernaturals, current and future, is what I hope for most. The sooner I can turn off alien abductions, the better. I assume I'll get other things I'd like to see eventually, but that's the one thing that would greatly improve my game. I want all the packs for build/buy mode items and worlds and such, but I have almost no interest in supernaturals.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • ZenoraZenora Posts: 63 Member
    I would like to try stuff that is not in the previous generations of the sims. Maybe going to conventions or concerts, maybe adding something like flying in planes, you could learn to fly one or travel with them to other places for holidays. Maybe instead of small pets there are magical pets like dragons and unicorns. Maybe places to visit like a zoo or an aquarium, a large playground.

Things like this, something that's not done before.
  • mmertormmertor Posts: 186 Member
    As a person playing this game since sims 1, I must say Sims 4 is by far the best. Graphics, animations and the details are amazing. There is so much life in it. Yes there is lots of stuff missing, but I think with time everything will be just perfect. If I had a chance to choose what comes next, my list would be like this:
    1. Pets (Every household I play has an imaginary pet for now)
    2. Seasons (I miss winter and fall so much)
    3. Toddlers (You know...)
    4. Ambitions & Freetime Type of pack (I need new hobbies, careers, aspirations and traits)
    5. An option to turn off all supernaturals.

And that would be all.
    After that, I could say the game is complete for me, and every new EP, GP or SP would be a nice addition to my gameplay.
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    In order of importance:

1. Town editing tools (customization of town and public spaces )
    2. Toddlers (and preteens to make up for the lack of real teens) and stuff for kids to do (play tag, play cops and robbers, tree houses etc)
    3. Difficulty slider so that we can tweak the chances of accidents, abductions, etc.
    4. More careers (way more careers) and university
    5. Seasons

Of course there are many more things I'd like to see added, but for me those are the basic ones and I need them to fully enjoy the game.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    More intimate actions in the social menu. Like kids being able to chase each other. Or for teens thru elders slow dancing. Things like that. I also like new game play as well. I don't want everything to be the same from past iterations. If so, some how different. Not sure if that makes sense but it does in my head. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • NordicPhoenix22xNordicPhoenix22x Posts: 301 Member
    I have a couple of things as well:

- Seasons!! I've been done with the eternal summer for a long time now.
    - a beach world, not necessarily tropical, but with lots of ocean in and around it, maybe consisting of connected islands
    - a city world (maybe we'll get one soon!)
    - any Sci-Fi/futuristic pack
    - neighborhood editing / terrain tools / CAW / anything to customize our worlds a little!
    - the pie menue on the fridge to choose which leftover we want to eat
    - home businesses

I also wanted to add some points that were on my checklist and we've already gotten, to sound a little more positive ;)
    - a desert world > Oasis Springs
    - all hairstyles available for men and women > we got something even better
    - aliens > came with GTW
    - restaurants that we can run ourselves > came with Dine Out
    - turn lights on and off per room > came with update
    "Children of the night, Soldiers of our time
    Scream it out loud, One generation
    Riot in the streets, Fighting and debris
    Raise your fist high, the Generation Wild!"
    182kwx.png
  • MarmarSimsMarmarSims Posts: 183 Member

You know how this game would be perfect for ME?
    • Custom Age Sliders in the settings, the 'normal' seems short, the long is VERRY LONGGG. Short is shorter.
    • More social events, I need this game to be logical. We need a funeral and a babyshower.
    • Seasons!
    • On/off for zombies, [if Supernatural ever happens, zombies annoy and terrify the heck out of me).
    • Toddlers and pre-teens, it seems like yesterday when the baby was born he already turned into a child.
    30uejra.jpg
    Origin: maritakoyaki
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    1. Supernaturals
    2. Pets
    3. University
    4. Seasons
    5. Darkness and dark humour and more unexpected events
    6. Apartments (my sims often can't afford houses)
    7. Memories like in Sims 2
    8. A town like Magic Town in Sims 1
    9. Different cultures in the game
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited August 2016
    I'm so glad you made this thread!

-Toddlers
    -Seasons
    -Pets
    -University
    -Cars
    -Apartments
    -City world
    -Beach vacation
    -More things for babies, kids, teens and elders
    -More venues
    -More hobbies/skills
    -New jobs and careers
    -Farming
    Post edited by Simanite on
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited August 2016
    In order:

Personality - I don't know why but the whole emotional unique personality gig, lead me to believe this should have been the foundation of the sims 4. and then I see interactions in the game "discuss interests "order favorite drink" but they don't have one.
    Favorites - this system impacts sims emotionally both positively and negatively.
    Favorite Foods +happy when eating; +sad when poor quality/haven't eaten it in a while
    Favorite Color +confidence when wearing; if supernatural favorite color will influence particle effects like magic.
    Favorite Music Genre(s) +inspiration; +confidence
    Favorite Film/Book Genre(s) +Focus
    Favorite Weather relaxes sim from any emotion that starts with "very"
    Favorite Animal +playful when around favorite animal

Fears, Perspectives towards Life States, and adapting
    I want Sims to gain mutable traits. it's when Sims acquire a trait through game play experiences instead of selecting traits in CAS or purchasing them.

Fears - first the emotion Afraid and Terrorized eventually Scared to Death needs to be an emotion

Hydrophobic - A sim who has survived drowning, or something happened in the water to fear water.
    things like this

and then when Sims rack up 5 and Conquer those 5 fears, they will be rewarded the Brave Trait. However if Your sim continues to rack up more than 5 fears, they could be branded a Coward.

Perspectives towards life states
    If you're easily annoyed like me, you were annoyed when even supernatural fans, had that "Scared" animation when a Witch was casting a "Good Luck Charm" on a sim.

So here's what I think, Sims gain a perspective on the different life states, and that shapes how they react to what they do. and their perspective and reactions can be shaped, +/-, by what they watch on tv, the internet, gossip, to actually encountering the supernatural or Life state themselves. but that goes for Pets and Other life states too, Humans can have a bed outlook too.

Seasons. I, like many, am not a fan of eternal summers. I want blizzards, snow accumulation, and thunderstorms, and

Supernaturals is a big one for me, I literally put my stories on hold because of this one. All my characters are in my library waiting for their story to unfold, but they can't because they're not whole. I tired playing their story without magic, it was so boring. really want a city world to come with it, well at least a down town area and a residential neighborhoods, and forest surrounding the town.
    Ripping hearts out, darker ingredients for potions and curses.

World Adventures - I love Adventures, Not really much for the vacation, it ties with Supernatural a little.

My Sim is a sorcerer, his best friend is a Werewolf, and His girlfriend is a skilled Magic Huntress, who tried to kill them both... purposefully... twice. Anyway, I want them to go on adventures to places around the world. Mason, also known as Inferno, for his crazy fire magic, He has this big mansion, and he wants to collect some magical Mythical Artifacts. Basically My sim, If you watch Once Upon a Time, he's the semi good version of Rumplestiltskin.

I want to collect things like Pandora's Box, Poseidon's Trident, Eye of Fates (the Ultimate Crystal ball), Eye of Gorgon (Unlock the spell to turn sims to stone), Magic Genie Lamp, Midas's Hand (Unlock the spell to turn things to gold) Aphrodite's Amulet Have victim gaze into the jewelry and they'll fall in love with he wearer, beware of obsession.

and then just Hobbies and sports like Sketching, Soccer, archery, use the wood working bench to craft my own bows and arrows.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    -toddlers
    -Fixed culling
    -Supernaturals
    -More towns=more space°
    -more children eqiupment like swings and etc
    -Unique teen activities or just add preteens
    -University
    -Pets
    -Seasons
    -More vacatin destinations
    _Something like Island Paradise
    -Turn on and offs system
    -More traits
    - Fixed whims (some should be more detailed)
    -More alternative styles for clothing and furniture
    That is all I can think of at the moment.
  • EmmaHallEmmaHall Posts: 34 Member
    Supernaturals
    Island Paradise
    vampires
    werewolves
    witch
    fairy
    mermaid
    gins
    demons
    angels
    updated ghosts
    zombie
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I completely forgot the most important thing: No more culling or played inactive household relationship decay!
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    I flew off the handle in a NEPs attack and blurted out these:
    Generations! Seasons! University! Supernatural! Metropolis! Farm Life!

I agree about the culling of relationships.
    I thought one of the selling benefits of this game was rotational play without the game making unwanted story progression changes.
    But if I have to start over with relationships because I was away too long, that really bites. They really need to fix that.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited August 2016
    @CK213 OMG I forgot farms! Thanks for reminding me.
  • GlacierGlacier Posts: 193 Member
    I don't know exactly what would perfect Sims 4. I just feel that the game gets boring quite quickly after CAS and building. It lacks something that can keep me playing for hours, apart from making sims and houses. Maybe interesting drama between the sims that I can watch or participate in.
  • khaysymobarnkhaysymobarn Posts: 5 New Member
    I would love Seasons more than anything. Oh and I can't wait for pets. Also, like everyone else repeatedly states: please add the toddler age cycle and all other items that would help contribute to the playability of babies and toddlers (ie. Strollers, play pins, diaper stations etc.)...BEACHES AND THE ABILITY TO SWIM AND DO OTHER ACTIVITIES IN THEM. I've played the Sims since I was 9 years old. I'm now a few weeks from 25 and I've never been so bored with a sims series...Everyone knows it's my favorite Game franchise ever but I can't stay entertained with so much lacking. Especially since I believe they are just trying to get money from the sims 3 still.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    This is hard for me after GT added a system I never thought of and never would want to be without. I wouldn't want to do without anything else similarly exciting and new and not a player idea! But this is roughly my list of what I have thought of:

- Granular per save controls on culling, decay, supernaturals, and any story progression
    - assigning npc jobs myself
    - saved outfits
    - farms. With sheep and crops.
    - weather! With indoor temperature issues.
    - windows that open
    - apartments with neighbours
    - individual funds
    - active school!
    - adult part time jobs
    - wakes and reunions
    - seniors' homes
    - laundry and other chores
    - more arts and crafts and sports
    - a wider range of clothing representing more cultures
    - editing neighbourhood space
    - a way to tell which save file is which in the folder, and the same in Tray
    - a "pioneer" tech-off mode available from the household level up
    - fairs

Lots else I'd like but this is my main wishes :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    The Sims 4 travel the world :)
    afterworld
    cemetery
  • EpochismEpochism Posts: 411 Member
    • Preteens
    • Seasons expansion pack
    • University life expansion pack
    • Supernatural ep
    • Cemetery ^^
    • Open world?
    • Shorter teens if no preteens
    • Toddlers//maybe?
    • Ik this probs won't happen, but maybe the height varies in each sim? Like, randomly generated based on their parents' genetics.
    The sims 4 Apocalypse was fun :)
    The sims 4 Apocalypse was fun :)