Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who's still playing the Sims 1 from time to time?

Comments

• Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Sel

No worries but just to let you know this world has only been out for a couple of weeks I know because I have waited months and months for him to finish it :)
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    That world looks gorgeous! That's the one thing I will give TS3 credit for, the worlds look amazing!

*Says the Simmer sat playing TS1 superstar* :p
  • Options
    @Goldbear86

It is and I am crossing fingers and toes it all runs okay because it has all the elements I like in my 3 worlds a city skyline but a sunlit tides water style world and those 2 are my favorite things so I would like to play in it for a long time. Will will see I am being cautious and not counting my chickens when it comes what will and won't happen in sims game mechanics but I am hoping for the best-)

I wish I was playing TS1 superstar my tech has not even replied to my email god he's so eccentric and I put up with it because hes great at what he does and he doesn't charge me anywhere near what other PC tech's would for their services but he is so quirky and it has to all be done in his own time so it's either pay double or more to someone else or shut up lol...........I will shut up and wait as always :) its more cost efficient-)

• Options
    A good techy is invaluable! Also quite rare at times! I'm sure it will be worth it in the long run!

I didn't get time to play the sims 2 or 3 tonight. Spent longer than I meant to in the sims 1!
  • Options
    @Goldbear86

Honestly though hes the type to be banging on my door at 6am not realizing the time shouting get up I have finished your computer hahaha lol

but he has not clue what I am talking about when I explain the madness of getting everything to work with sims games he always says ooh I would give it up if its that frustrating-)

I just noticed a simguru was on the city life expansion pack thread and I asked her politics aside could she please tell us when we are going to get a live stream about that expansion pack but no reply yet lol I hope they are going to do one because I really want to know more on this one however I keep having to remember the countless times I have been excited then equally disappointed... but look at that hookah and that festival area I just hope sims could walk to that lot without loading screens.... you what are you thinking I am already thinking I will be having it... :)
  • Options
    @SPARKY1922 I am excited I admit. The one thing that will dampen my excitement is if we find out the apartments are not like in the sims 2. I saw your post to Sim Guru Drake! I hope we will get one stream at least.

Today I'm concentrating on my sims 3, my legacy founder wants to throw a gift giving party. I can't for the life of me remember if there's Christmas trees in the game? I'm sure there is? Tonight I will be playing the sims 1 and more messing around in superstar.

Yeah a lot of tech people have that attitude, my friend has. He's a software engineer, he tried to get TS1 working for me, he couldn't and proclaimed it too old. Thank goodness I sweet talked my husband into trying just one more time to get the game working!
  • Options
    @Goldbear86

I am back on 2 today as a player sent me some files that worked to stop her game playing up on the same Graphics card as I have just installed and so far so good but it will need more time to be sure...

3 and Xmas trees lol I am sure there must be one somewhere because I have used them but cannot remember where they are for sure because I hardly use a tree or gift giving in 3 anymore because it takes up so much space and if I am playing in a smaller space it's too much bother....... I bother with the tree in 2 as Santa might come-)

A player told me the live stream about city life was today but I have searched around and cannot find any info so I doubt it's true..I hope they do have one though as the simguru never answered me. Have they ever released a pack without a live stream? I cannot remember.

I spent all day playing 4 yesterday and admit to being a total noob as my knowledge re the game is appalling-) I have noticed a few players are complaining that they cannot play generations because the game culls friends and family alike.. and that the Mods/cc system is borked and troublesome.

How much 4 have you played do you know any more about it than me?

I don't understand the gallery either I ticked no CC then when I am downloading lots the game tells me I must tick another box if I want it furnished so made me wonder if that was allowing CC thought despite it saying no CC?

I usually never play sims games with mods/CC until a series ends as that way creators usually patch to the last patch then there are no more worries around it but if things are so troublesome with 4 and I decide to play more it looks like I am going to have to use mods..

Oh I found a mod yesterday that makes the group dances 5 times longer than they are normally in game its those sorts of little mods to change things that are annoying I would want to add first..

• Options
    @SPARKY1922

I'm sure I read SimGuruDrake saying there is no live stream this week. There is more information coming next week?

With the sims 3 I didn't bother with the tree, I couldn't find one and they still had their gift giving party, the guests just dumped their gifts on the floor. I did think of the sims 2 as you can have the tree and Santa. Although saying that in my sims 2 save their Christmas tree caused 3 house fires. Thank goodness for fire alarms!

I don't think they have released a sims 4 pack without a stream. We have been getting streams for game packs so I'm guessing an expansion would be worth a stream?

Yeah culling is a big issue in sims 4. It's not a bug it's something EA implemented to enhance performance. I believe when your population reaches around 180 it will cull unplayed sims. Which sounds fine to me and makes sense but people are reporting their sims are being culled and ghosts are being culled.

I personally haven't experienced it but I have the sims installed on my PC, I've also signed into my account on my husbands gaming PC. On my PC and save file I don't have mods and I haven't noticed culling yet.

In my game on my husbands PC my save file is a little bit older, I think I'm on generation 3. Again I hadn't noticed any culling but because my save file was getting older and because I didn't want my town to simply age and die off I installed MC Command Centre which does lots of things. One is it stops culling and it also enables story progression which I like for my legacy. (Ironic as I hate story progression in the sims 3) but I was finding without story progression in the sims 4 for certain play types like a legacy there was no children being norm and my town was becoming a ghost town after a while.

The other and main gripe I have with the sims 4 is relationship decay. I'm a rotational player unless doing a challenge and since relationship decay was introduced my sims are forgetting their friends and co workers which is really annoying naturally. Again MC command can fix that.

The reason I haven't put MC command on my own PC was because I was waiting to see how it would run with the game, normally I don't like putting mods in early either for the same reasons as you but MC command centre gets updated quite regularly. And if it stops my culling issues but ,ore importantly my relationship decay issues I have no problems with it,

I think like any moddable game, some work together and some don't, that's one of the reasons I try and keep my game vanilla unless it's to fix annoying issues like relationship decay. That issue is a deal breaker for me with the game. It made playing rotational a pain!
  • Options
    @Goldbear86

Okay well I hope for a live stream at some point on this expansion pack I keep trying not to get excited about -)

I am not sure where I got my Xmas tree for sims 3 I was convinced it was from the store and went on a little hunt but maybe it's discontinued? Anyway take a look on the following link I think the store content is all free..

http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductListing.html?scategoryId=12858

also a you tube simmer says you can get the store ( used to be free Xmas trees) from the following links if you want to take a look

Published on Nov 15, 2012
    *************And if all else fails, http://www.thesims3.com/globalSearchR...

*****If you are having problems with the files below, try this link. http://www.mediafire.com/?umd92w20j5b...

Christmas Tree set: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php...
    Christmas Set 2: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php...
    Christmas Set 3: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php...

Do you take the MC mod out prior to patch updates with 4? and then put it back when MC is updated?

Another 4 player suggested I should use MC but it looks quite involved and I don't know much about the game yet myself but do you think its worth using and learning about then?

If I start playing 4 more I don't want my sims to lose their relationships either as they are so hard to get and retain..

I think you are more experienced about all things 4 than me-)
  • Options
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/837115/need-help-with-mc-command-center-ask-here/p98"]forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/837115/need-help-with-mc-command-center-ask-here/p98

I find this thread quite helpful for MC Command centre. I have to update mine for the first time as I've only had it in game about four weeks. It is a complex mod but can solve culling, relationship decay, adjust alien abduction and a whole host of other features I haven't fully tweaked myself yet. I sometimes wonder if I need it as I haven't had first hand of culling - yet. But I do like it for story progression. I wont like the story progression if I'm playing say something like the Royal Kingdom challenge and I wouldn't enable it.

Thanks for the Christmas tree links. I could have sworn I had a Christmas tree link when I first got TS3, but then there is lots I need to remind myself about the game. I had forgotten for instance that toddlers cant interact with each other. Its one of my favourite things for toddlers in TS2 to do.

I've just spent more time it feels playing around in 4, sometimes when I play 3 there is parts of it I have to google or go and find a guide. One of my friends commented she thought the sims 3 expansions didn't have a lot of content?! Whereas I think they had lots!
  • Options
    @Goldbear86

you are welcome with the links I save tons of them but then have to scroll through loads when I suddenly remember I need to look for something specific.

Goodness me I think 3 had tons of content in their expansions that's why I love massive worlds to play in so my sims can have a million entertainment/social options/lots-)

I love story progression in 3 ( a Nrass Mod) but then had to get used to 2 and rotational play with time remaining static in the rest of the hood and I am still not sure which one I like best but in 2 I have learned to make the system work to my advantage so there is for and against..

Having tested 2 all day and hoping the 4 week problem I have had might be on it's way out I am off into 4 for an hour before bed to see if I can learn some-more-)
  • Options
    The Expansions in 3 are huge, I was shocked she thinks TS4 Eps are bigger!

I have over watch and something else I can't remember in my sims 3 game. I'm only on my second gen of my legacy so haven't noticed neighbours disappearing or anything.

I do love TS2 neighbours not aging if playing a 'hood with the majority of my families, I tend to play a week in each household so things progress anyhow and I would hate them to do their own thing. In something like my legacy I do like the fact we can age NPCs so they don't stay a child when your sim child becomes a teen but sometimes for the sake of a story it is annoying having to move an NPC in and play them for a little bit and give them a job etc. In the sims 3 I will be happy to move my spare sims out and let them live their own lives. For me it depends on what play style I'm in the mood for. I don't play rotational in the sims 3. Because i play rotational in the other games maybe that's why it doesn't bother me.

I think that's what appealed to me about 4. The fact I could play rotational and my neighbourhoods wouldn't age. But then the relationship decay happened and my sims started forgetting their friends and neighbours lol
  • Options
    ShadowLabrysShadowLabrys Posts: 281 Member
    @SPARKY1922 I know how you Feel :)
  • Options
    @ShadowLabrys

Lol I am thinking this thread should now be entitled how to play series 1-4 in a day without going insane :)

@Goldbear86

Overwatch I think is for the excessive car clean up in 3 and even though I play with story progression on and an SP mod I often still turn aging off because I send my sims on long vacations and don't want everyone to have died or be elders by the time I get back-)

With 2 there is no problem of that happening and I quite like that fact, I also like the group/outing system better, I defo think I get more fulfillment out of 2 game play than 3 in some ways... and I cannot speak for 1 yet can I >:)

In fact I am getting so desperate now I have focused intently on my PC tech thinking I can see you at my door now with my laptop in hand, today today today hahaha lol but no yet another day goes by while I pretend I do not care :) If only those supernatural items in sims games actually worked :)

• Options
    Ah yeah I figured that as it talks about stuck cars. The other one talks about stuck sims and TVs left on. I would have to turn my aging off if I sent my sims on holiday in 3 but it's the one thing my sims have never done. (Bad sim Overlord)

The sims 1 and I are not friends at the moment. Lol. My cat came trotting into the kitchen with a mouse, the scream my husband let out made me come running and i forgot to hit pause. Long story short- Cassandra Goth is now at military school. :o

But given that her father is a zombie and her Mum is well, Bella perhaps she may be better off there.

Except unlike in the sims 3 when kids go to boarding school, in the sims 1 they never come back. That military school must be far away.

Did you enjoy 4?

Fingers crossed your laptop arrives soon!!
  • Options
    @Goldbear86

hahaha lol re the Sims 1 scenario I will take note that while you can get up and forget 3 without much happening and 2 you have to be much more careful it appears 1 beats them all for not taking your eyes of them :)

yeah I heard about them not coming back from boarding school in 1 but I thought children did not age up unless a spell was used? so what age is Cassandra? and what the heck happens to children when they cannot grow up and a spell is not used to age them up? can they live on their own somewhere with other no longer wanted children :)

I suppose that's where the rotational play comes into play as you can fill your hood with different sims/families and play them when you feel like playing that story-line ...

mmm Qdog said something akin to playing 4 is a little like playing angry birds and I can relate to that... In some ways I can just play but then I want more to do than just play so its back to 2&3 where I can developed my hoods/worlds more my way.. I think there is too little space for that in 4... I think to be fair if you just want to play a game and nothing more its satisfying enough for that but for players who have been with the sims since the beginning or are used to having a lot more choices I just don't think its enough...

What really worries me about 4 is this relationship decay you mentioned as it takes a while to make friends and I want my sims to be able to keep those relationships so did you find anything to fix that?
  • Options
    @SPARKY1922

The children don't age in TS1 unless you use a spelll in making magic. Cassandra is a child, she was sent to military school for very poor grades. The social worker in the game only removes babies if they are neglected, they don't remove children if there is a neglected baby in the household.

Children sent to military school are out the game completely. They don't appear in the Sim Bin.

I completely agree that when you want to be truely creative most Simmers I know go back to the previous games. I love being able to build neighbourhood from scratch in the sims 2, I love owning businesses (although I am very bad at it!) and I love filling up my neighbourhoods. It's completely personal to me in the sims 2, as everyone's game is.

I try and fill all my neighbourhoods in the sims 1 too. It's a bit more challenging as sims don't age but it's a lot of fun. I don't have to worry about stuff happening I didn't want.

Can you create a world in TS3? If you can I've never noticed or know how lol But I love being able to recolour everything in the house and make it unique, I can be creative but I feel I have more freedom in The Sims 2.

To stop relationship decay MC command centre will be your best bet as it has a ton of options around relationships and it can also take away any romantic interests your sim has developed in your absence.
  • Options
    @Goldbear86

That's it then the perfect way to get rid of children in sims 1-)

I will have to look at MC properly sometime soon but have spent all my spare time today testing another batch of mods in 2 so tomorrow I can start testing CC, its like so many sims series so little time :)

In 3 you could basically bulldoze the whole world's builds/lots but you would really need to keep the rabbit holes as these are tied to learning and careers etc or you could replace some of them with player made multi rabbit hole lots so there is more room in the world for you to add your own lots, however you would only be able to replace any bulldozed lots with the lots of the same size and you cannot just plonk lots down anywhere in the world like you can in 2.

The only way to change the world outside the perimeters mentioned above would be by using CAW and I have no experience of that at all and nowhere near enough knowledge to try it..

There is a CAW tutorial should you wish to take a look

https://www.thesims3.com/content/global/downloads/caw/CaW_WalkThrough.pdf
  • Options
    Thanks for the link @SPARKY1922, I will check it out!

I thought that was all you could do without using the CAW tool in the TS3. I do like putting buildings in my game but I don't actually tend to change too much of my game.

I think that's why I don't get that frustrated with any of the games because if a particular version doesn't offer it, another certainly will!
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    @Goldbear86

It depends how many expansions/stuff packs/store content you have and what sorts of things you like to have in your worlds? I like everything in my worlds utilizing all the expansion/stuff packs and store content for my sims to enjoy in one world and that can be quite difficult in smaller worlds so I often use Lucky Palms or Roaring heights because they have a lot of different sized lots that are already empty so I can add my favorite lots without too much rearranging.. However now I have found that remake of sunlit tides that has everything already in the world that's going to be my go to world for now.. and so 3 is taken care of but I still have to add/test all my mods/cc yet as well..so there is still a lot work to do before I am finished..

I can quite understand why simmers we want everything we like from other series in one complete series because lets face it one game like that would be completely awesome and I actually think it would be doable if a company was interested enough :)

Finally my tech got in touch and the delay is that he is waiting for parts I mean where are they coming from Timbuktu :s
    Post edited by SPARKY1922 on
  • Options
    TheOrangeBird01TheOrangeBird01 Posts: 171 Member
    I just bought the Sims 1 yesterday, and let me tell you, I am HOOKED! This games is so much better than 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
    tmKZ8py62rDk4.gif
  • Options
    @TheOrangeBird01

I am pleased for you and hope to see some pics from you when you are able some of us tend to go off topic now and then but always come back around :)
  • Options
    TheOrangeBird01TheOrangeBird01 Posts: 171 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @TheOrangeBird01

I am pleased for you and hope to see some pics from you when you are able some of us tend to go off topic now and then but always come back around :)

Sure thing, the next time I play I'll try to remember to take pictures. Is there a folder where the in game screenshots will go?
    tmKZ8py62rDk4.gif
  • Options
    SelSel Posts: 430 Member
    i was just building a house in ts1 yesterday :D it's so funny because there's so many limitations :p i tried to go for a victorian look but it's really hard when you can only have 2 stories lmao! :smiley: didn't take pictures yet cause i'm not done with furnishing :)
    Origin ID: Selxna
  • Options
    @Sel

I am not a builder of any series I am really bad at it but what you describe sounds quite difficult lol I remember when I first fired 1 up and thought it was a joke as all I could find were 3 floor coverings and of course nothing matched-) Could you please explain to @TheOrangeBird01 where the sims 1 pics go as I forget and don't want give wrong information..

Also can we use player made builds in sims 1 and add them to the game? If so just wondering if yours might be available in future ( she says hopefully-) Oh and of course some nice pics when you are done.. I just love looking at pics I will be taking loads when I get my laptop..

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top