Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who's still playing the Sims 1 from time to time?

Comments

• SoniaSimmerSoniaSimmer Posts: 85 Member
    Xannah wrote: »
    @SoniaSimmer ¡Muchas gracias! Thank you so much! That's really helpfull, as I'm not really good with software. I'll try to work it out as soon as I gather all my original cd's!

No problem ^^ If you have any doubts when you install it, just tell me and I'll help you. Though I can assure you it's easier than it seems :)

resubida_zps0kskeuy1.gif

• SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited December 2016
    I am helpless, I installed the sims original the base game from the triple deluxe pack on my vista 32 bits to test if it works. I turned the game into compatibility mode win 2000, win 95, win xp and I ran it as administrator that didn't even launch . :'( I even went to properties - compatibilities - parameters - I checked everything and hit ok , it has errors.
    I have the full collection on separate cds. I also possess the triple deluxe version for base game with hot date, vacations and the 1st add-on. No ultimate collection. I want to play it, please help me. My computer runs ts2 and ts3.

Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
    I am helpless, I installed the sims original the base game from the triple deluxe pack on my vista 32 bits to test if it works. I turned the game into compatibility mode win 2000, win 95, win xp and I ran it as administrator that didn't even launch . :'( I even went to properties - compatibilities - parameters - I checked everything and hit ok , it has errors.
    I have the full collection on separate cds. I also possess the triple deluxe version for base game with hot date, vacations and the 1st add-on. No ultimate collection. I want to play it, please help me. My computer runs ts2 and ts3.

Have you tried what I said about changing the installation rute? That might be the problem.
    resubida_zps0kskeuy1.gif

• LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    edited February 2017
    i wish i had the sims 1 for computer i have it for gamecube but i wish i had it for my laptop. i am unable to buy the disk since my laptop came without a cd rom ;n; it was too young when the game came out to get it
    Post edited by LadyTachunka on
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • RadioAChickenRadioAChicken Posts: 163 Member
    I still play from time to time. I was re-adding a bunch of CC a couple of months back although I never had that much for TS1 compared to the other versions due to being stuck on dial-up at the time.
    I have the original discs as they were released at the time but I ended up buying the Complete Collection on eBay a couple of years back because you don't have to swap discs so much when installing.

It definitely has a different feel from the other versions but it has a charm that can't be beat. Probably the nostalgia talking but just listening to the sounds effects of things like the TV and buy/build mode music is incredibly soothing.
    iscQh5U.png
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    edited February 2017
    I am still playing it from time to time. I just played it for about a week two weeks ago. I might go back to it again soon. I never played past Unleashed the first time it came out because my computer at the time just couldn't handle it. Now is my chance to finally catch up. I've been trying to find Superstar and Makin Magic but it's very difficult to get a copy that isn't dodgy.
    It definitely has a different feel from the other versions but it has a charm that can't be beat. Probably the nostalgia talking but just listening to the sounds effects of things like the TV and buy/build mode music is incredibly soothing.

The last time I listened to the Buy/Build music tracks, I was really struck by one of the piano solos for some reason. It just seemed so strange that the composer created it for the game. It's such a beautiful but moody, dark, multi-layered piece, yet he composed it for a rinky dinky little game about goofy little people. I don't have the name for it right now, but it's "build5" in the Build Mode folder. Just a wonderfully textured composition.

I always loved the TV sounds and found that the TVs in later versions of the Sims weren't as funny or entertaining even though they were better produced. I particularly love the action channel. It's pretty dark, too. I think the woman gets shot or something and the guy is reacting with shock.

EiFlric.png
  • RaphaelSimsFanRaphaelSimsFan Posts: 2 New Member
    I've actually played it a lot recently. Thing is, for all my life, I've used computers that were at best a bit less than up to date, and at worst waaayyy behind. And still today, as long as I can use basic office software, surf the Web including Youtube, watch DVDs, and play older games on my pc, I'm happy. Of course that means that the latest games just laugh at my pc's specs. So older games work better for me.

Oh, and I like the no aging thing.
  • SelSel Posts: 430 Member
    btw @everyone TheSimSupply just started a new ts1 series on his channel!! so if you like his videos & like ts1 check it out :p (that's not an ad btw i was just happy to see he started playing it again :D)

@RaphaelSimsFan tru i hated how i needed startup cheats in ts2 to prevent aging. but then again i can't really compare ts2 to ts1 lmao :/
    Origin ID: Selxna
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I've been playing it a lot this week. I think it's still a great sims game!
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    SimChickee wrote: »
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    I am playing fine now on windows 7 with discs so it can be done however I would really like a no crack cd program I think its called so I could remove the disc from the tray if anyone knows where I can download a safe version as the last time I tried I got rather a bad virus when taking a chance :)

I think I got mine before from GameCopyWorld or something like that, just search that in and it should pop up. I don't recall ever getting a virus from there myself. Good luck! I hate changing CDS so all of mine have those No CD cracks.

Hi sorry for asking about this again but I went through months of hell after a PC upgrade and windows 10 getting 2&3 series to work properly so I never reinstalled 1 however I have an old laptop and have downloaded series 1 onto that and its working fine but when I went to look for the no disc CD download at Game copy world there are 3 options for the complete collection of the sims and I don't have a clue which one to download. If you do not mind I am wondering if you could point out which one is best from the list below.

I always thought it was the last disc in the series which is makin magic so I might even have the following info wrong-)

Game Fixes:
    The Sims: Complete Collection v1.91 [MULTI] No-CD/HD MOD
    The Sims: Complete Collection v1.91 [MULTI] No-CD/Fixed EXE
    The Sims: Complete Collection [MULTI] No-CD/Fixed Image

http://www.gamecopyworld.eu/games/pc_the_sims.shtml
  • mooredt21mooredt21 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Man I use to have TS1 Collector's Edition with everything but it's long gone... and to get my hands on one would cost lots of money... but if I had it I would. The simplicity yet fun of TS1 was part of my childhood :smiley:

I found one at a local bookstore for under $20 a few days ago. It's possible.

<----LOQUACIOUS LURKER HERE

***Please bring back Sims 2 style storytelling features and make them publishable.***
  • mooredt21mooredt21 Posts: 1,105 Member
    I'm playing all the Sims games, but especially TS1 after getting the complete collection. I'm so excited. I'm playing on WIndows 8.1 and it installed and worked straight from the disk, though I did have to run as an administrator the next time I loaded it. I have played every game since the beginning and I hope to come back here soon to post pictures.
    <----LOQUACIOUS LURKER HERE

***Please bring back Sims 2 style storytelling features and make them publishable.***
  • SelSel Posts: 430 Member
    Game Fixes:
    The Sims: Complete Collection v1.91 [MULTI] No-CD/HD MOD
    The Sims: Complete Collection v1.91 [MULTI] No-CD/Fixed EXE
    The Sims: Complete Collection [MULTI] No-CD/Fixed Image

well, the first one just lets you play in hd resolution (but i would just recommend playing in the original 4:3 tbh...
    the second one has a fixed .EXE which is the one i'd personally get (but backup the original .exe first)
    and the one with the fixed image apparently just fixes the cd image, but i don't have any CD version so idk anything about that one...

so i'd just try the second one and see if that works :)
    Origin ID: Selxna
    Thanks Sel

Next time I open my laptop I will try and see if it works :)

Have you tried what I said about changing the installation rute? That might be the problem.

@SoniaSimmer and everybody here : No I didn't mind it ! It could be a good hope for me. I normally installed it in the default folder. In which directory/folder I have to install it? Program files, My documents? Thank you for bringing me hope !! and I am sorry I didn't answer because I received no notifications .

@SPARKY1922 I am afraid of crack I used one for my legit sims 2 and I got a virus because I only have one cd/dvd reader on my computer. I got ramnit so avoid to use them they are dangerous most of the time. Not everytime.
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    @Simsophonique

Yes, I am a little afraid of using them too because one time I took a chance and tried downloading the no cd crack for sims 1 and it if had not been for the exceptional security programs I have on my PC I would have been screwed so I have not tried it since however I still like the idea of not having to have a disc in the tray.
  • basslinewildbasslinewild Posts: 268 Member
    I wish I didn't sell mine! I've been playing remade Sims 1 families on Sims 4. Jeff Pleasant will finally fulfill his dream of being an astronaut!
    Tessa :)
    Gallery items under : TessaNicolle
    Check out my houses!
  • GraveDirtGraveDirt Posts: 42 Member
    So happy I'm not alone--I never stopped playing the original Sims! Miss Crumplebottom ranting at nothing or ranting at people kissing downtown is the best.

I bought TS2 when it came out 13 years ago but never got around to installing it. I just got a new laptop with Windows 10 and am afraid to even try.
    @GraveDirt

Welcome new member :)

I am not an expert in sims 1 I started Sims with the 3 series and went backwards to 2 (which I play the most now) and then I purchased the complete series 1 which has now been installed on my ancient laptop and plays perfectly.

If you already bought sims 2 discs, try contacting EA support and ask them for the UC digital version explaining you can prove you already own the discs. It may take several tries of different customer service reps but the majority of players asking for it are being given it. I along with a lot of other players are using sims 2 UC on windows 10 without many problems. I altered the graphics screen resolution and removed the black shadows under sims feet and it plays fine.

@basslinewild

It's weird for me going backwards in series but I only purchased my complete series 1 a few months ago, so I could experience having played it more than anything else however I actually enjoy playing the series from time to time. Maybe you could pick up a good second-hand copy of the series and get back into game? I play sims 4 sometimes but not nearly as much as all the other series as it lacks a lot of depth for me.

• GraveDirtGraveDirt Posts: 42 Member
    @SPARKY1922 Thank you so much! :)

Thank you also for the tip on contacting EA support. It's worth a try.
    @GraveDirt

You are very welcome :)

Apologies I forgot to add the link to the dedication discussion re obtaining Sims UC

http://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/814708/how-to-get-ts2-ultimate-collection-windows#latest
    edited April 2017
    @Simsophonique

Yes, I am a little afraid of using them too because one time I took a chance and tried downloading the no cd crack for sims 1 and it if had not been for the exceptional security programs I have on my PC I would have been screwed so I have not tried it since however I still like the idea of not having to have a disc in the tray.

@SPARKY1922 Now no matter the antivirus you use they are all labelled as virus and most of the time even false positives are labelled with Ramnit even if you sandboxed them and they are safe from sooner or later, ramnit will wake up even years after . Ramnit is the aids of the computer. I tell you much on private because people repproached me to speak too much on stuffs like that on forums and I had to leave them because they don't understood I just chatted up and I am not for at all ! No I am not a pirat but I am somebody who thinks a lot and I understand a lot.
    Take the crack and let your antivirus catchs it, read the log I am sure Ramnit will be detected and that's better antivirus quarantine this 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
    So don't use it and use the cd instead, the game will be more fluid and less crashy. With plum crack , the game is always crashy.
    I am happy I can play with my cd now and with ts1 if the game works on my vista I will use my making magic cd.

I share my ts2 experience with but it's always the same with ts1.
  • StarCraft89StarCraft89 Posts: 1 New Member
    I play it time to time
  • karasuhimechankarasuhimechan Posts: 41 Member
    I played a lot about a couple of months ago!! The thing that I really didnt like was keeping track of the sims needs :/ I couldnt get anything done orz but something I like from the sims 1 are the quick reactions of the characters and how difficult it is to forge and keep relationships...kind of like real life jaja
    edited April 2017

@SoniaSimmer and everybody here : No I didn't mind it ! It could be a good hope for me. I normally installed it in the default folder. In which directory/folder I have to install it? Program files, My documents? Thank you for bringing me hope !! and I am sorry I didn't answer because I received no notifications .

@Simsophonique
    This is weird; I replied you in this thread yesterday, but my post doesn't show. Anyway, this is what I wrote; I hope it works for you :)

1) Install the base game in this rute: C:\Maxis. Once you do this, you'll have the following directory C:\Maxis\The Sims.
    (So don't install it in the default rute: C:\ProgramFiles\Maxis, that's the important thing).

2) Go to that directory, and inside the folder called The Sims you will see an exe file called Sims. You have to send it to your desktop, and go to its properties:
    2a) Then, click on Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows XP (Service Pack 3).
    2b) After that, also in properties click on Run this program as administrator. Click on accept, and that's it.

3) Try the game without installing any expansions to see if it worked. If not, maybe you have to select another option in compatibility mode, though that's the only one that worked for me.

If you can play the Sims, install all expansions in the rute I named, and that would be all. You don't have to do anything else to the exe file, that's required just when you install the base game, and then it stays that way.

If you have any doubts just tell me and I'll reply asap :#
    Post edited by SoniaSimmer on
    resubida_zps0kskeuy1.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top