Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lesser Known Features in The Sims 3 - THREAD

I'll go first!

If your pregnant Sim eats about 10 apples before the birth, your Sim will have a boy. If your pregnant sim eats about 10 watermelon, your Sim will have a girl. If your Sim eats both, I think the fruit that was most recently consumed determines the sex of the baby.

I would love to see what you guys have found out in your games!

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited August 2016
    The effect of the fruit only goes as far as 5 of either, after which no further impact but no harm done. The fruit must be consumed before the middle of the second trimester, so for a standard pregnancy (no mods) that would be from conception chimes to the middle of the second day. If the sim consumes a different fruit than what they had been eating, then it cancels out one of the others. In other words,
    5 apples + 1 watermelon = 4 apples
    5 apples + 6 watermelon = 1 watermelon (and some possible postnatal weight gain)

If the sim does anything else in-game to help determine or predict the gender of the baby, then any additional fruit will no longer be effective. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Using the large display case enables your sim to transmogrify their collectibles. Certain combinations will give you certain results. It's great fun !
    Pyromaniacs are able to transmogrify any fruit into flame fruit.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    RsandaRsanda Posts: 257 Member
    Babies raised in the future (without ever returning to the present) will have level 10 Advanced Technology skill after reaching child stage. (However every baby I raised had the Future Sim hidden trait from birth. So that might be a requirement too as well.)
    Not a native English speaker. Sorry for any mistakes