Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thoughts on what is left of The Sims 4 era?

WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
edited August 2016 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Assuming it is like the predecessors, The Sims 4 has 2 years left of dedicated support/content (3 at most). With those 2 years passed by, any thoughts on how they dealt with patches and content, and the time they take to release each pack (mostly expansion packs, do you think we will have enough by the time The Sims 5 gets announced?)

ME:

I am speechless (in a bad way, if you can't tell)....2 years left and we only have 2 expansion packs? Patches only having such little content? (With a few exceptions). Stuff packs have been swarming and overtaking any other packs, which is accpetable, but not when we barely have any other packs. At this rate The Sims 4 will only have 5 expansion packs unless they release 3/4 per year. I don't know what to say really...
Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
Post edited by Wulfsimmer on

Comments

• Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I really hope they will let Sims 4 live for a longer, so that the game gets more EPs and is completed.

If it doesn't, I think I would not purchase Sims 5....I would not be able to trust them again and refuse to purchase a game which might end up alf complete.
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    I suspect that because of the change in how they're handling content (with the live service stuff), that their current plan is for TS4 to last more than 4 years.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I really hope they will let Sims 4 live for a longer, so that the game gets more EPs and is completed.

If it doesn't, I think I would not purchase Sims 5....I would not be able to trust them again and refuse to purchase a game which might end up alf complete.

I don't trust them to make a 'complete' game now. I doubt that all the things people are expecting to happen will.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    what the devs understand of a sims game had to be completely changed io to have a fully functional & fleshed out game at the end of it
    i think simmers who expect a richer gameplay could call themselves lucky if TS5 is not a mobile game

i don't expect anything anymore from EA regarding TheSims franchise
    they have succeeded in only two years to tear the whole franchise down & apart
    & they either don't see it, don't care, are unable or think players who judge this game like me are lunatics
    what is there to expect after all that ?

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    sims 5 is gonna be some sort of mobile game 100%
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited August 2016

I don't trust them to make a 'complete' game now. I doubt that all the things people are expecting to happen will.

Guess that means I won't be disappointed.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    At this point not even 10 EPs would make it feel complete. Don't care for the direction they've taken with the packs.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    I unfortunately can see the franchise fizzling out. Of course there are dedicated players, but will there continue to be enough players that makes creating a new game worth it? Especially after they've given us so very little in 2 years? Eh....:/
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    kremesch73 wrote: »

Guess that means I won't be disappointed.

To me a base game is something that you should be able to play and have fun with for some time. It's shouldn't be something designed to need new content just to keep going with it.

I agree. I played the earlier games for months without stopping and without getting bored. I'm still playing them. I haven't touched this one for 8 months and couldn't care less about booting it up to see what's new anymore. This game can't disappoint me any further than it already has. If they do add something I like, they'll nerf it or break it with their wonderful Live Service. *shrugs* I just can't get excited about that when I know it can and has happened.

I know what I like. This game is not something I like. I get frustration for free on a daily basis just trying to make ends meet. There's no need for me to pay for it on top of that.
  • Options
    cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member
    They strayed too far form the original concept, slashed and burned what they should have kept and improved and reduced the experience to some immature level and effectively alienated a huge percentage of it's fan base. Sims 4 has killed off the Sims legacy and each day just seems to twist the knife in deeper.
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    I fully expect Sims4 to have the least amount of EP's released, due to Game Packs.

Personally, I don't mind having focused Game Packs intermixed with EP's. Spa Day is done very well, Dine Out would have been perfect if we had the option to run all aspects of the restaurant. Game Packs are a game changer.

As for the other comment. After two years, the lack of certain content ... IE: Toddlers/Cars (and everything else that was supposed to be in the base game) is disgraceful.

I hope that when Sims5 is released, the powers that be learned from the Sims4 release, so that it doesn't happen again. I also hope that there are Game Packs for Sims5 mixed in with EP's.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Imo a bit of a embarrassment, when the sims 5 comes out ima act like this series never existed...
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    ebuchala wrote: »
    I suspect that because of the change in how they're handling content (with the live service stuff), that their current plan is for TS4 to last more than 4 years.

Starting at the five year mark it's going to rapidly start seeming dated (if not sooner- things move fast). This game like all games has a shelf life. I still have hope (for absolutely no reason) that one EP will come this year with two per year for the next three years making a total of nine. That said, if they are on par with GT which aside from Grouping and DJ/Dancing didn't add a lot to the game then nine EPs doesn't sound like a lot. Maybe 4-5-6 more GPs well help the equation plus the 18 or so SPs BUT even still I see no way the Sims 4 will ever match the scope of 3 or 2. I've said before I can't see them releasing a Roaring Heights or Dragon Valley or any of the more niche style, fantastical elements that came with Sims 3 in Sims 4. They seem to not have the staff OR the game engine is simply not easily adaptable enough to create content at a greater pace. We've had delays with both GT and DO due to development issues so my feeling is leaning more toward a glitchy retrofitted game engine proving hard to use. I just think of it more and more as the Sims Lite.

For everyone waiting for the Sims 5 (LMAO!) I agree with so many others that most likely it will be an internet based game and nothing like what people are expecting and it's most likely three years way.
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    They strayed too far form the original concept, slashed and burned what they should have kept and improved and reduced the experience to some immature level and effectively alienated a huge percentage of it's fan base. Sims 4 has killed off the Sims legacy and each day just seems to twist the knife in deeper.

What bothers me most is beside the point that they did stray off the path.I was willing to accept it as a new game. I was enjoying it for what it was. Then came the:
    • Broken bar glitch that lasted a month. I became frustrated.
    • They fixed it, I got back in the groove. All was well.
    • Then I discovered culling. I became frustrated.
    • Found a mod. All was well.
    • Then I discovered all these bugs. I'm talking about the ones that never got fixed ti this date. I became frustrated.
    • I let it slide.
    • I told myself it would get better. They said it would.
    • Spa Day? Everyone became muscular=frustration.
    • GTW. Was told I didn't need to follow my sims to work. All lies except for the Science Career.
    • GTW. Aliens. Couldn't get it right. Gone now.
    • Autonomous Woohoo. What? Couldn't get that right. All my sims acted like their libidos were on fire. Every. Single. One. Great month that was. didn't play for that month. Frustration.
    • GT. Great. Wait! What's this? My sims have all forgotten each other?
    • Pools. No one used them autonomously for over month. Pointless.
    • Every release. Not tested. Problems. Frustration.
    • Mods broken every month. Have to wait until I can get the updated mod. Frustration.
    • Play with emotions? Why? They change every 2 seconds. Pointless.
    • New features every month? Oh wait. They broke the way I was playing. Time to change strategy again. Not fun.
    • Family trees? Culling: need I say more?
    • Ghosts: culling. Ad nauseum.

Toddlers, terrain tools, world building, CAW, CASt are so not what's wrong with this game. Not for me. What is wrong with this game is that they tell you one thing. Then they change that the next month. They omit to tell you that they're breaking the way you play. Increase the population limit? Sounds good. Wait a minute. Why is everyone forgetting who they've always known before this fix was implemented?

Nothing was said about relationship decay. That's beyond me. I stopped playing long before that. But again. Ooh. Great feature they've implemented! Off to go update another mod!

What happens if that modder gets tired of having to update all the time?

Not worth it. Mess. Game over!

I agree with everything but you actually can send sims off to work without following them :blush:
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »

What bothers me most is beside the point that they did stray off the path.I was willing to accept it as a new game. I was enjoying it for what it was. Then came the:
    • Then I discovered all these bugs. I'm talking about the ones that never got fixed ti this date. I became frustrated.
    • I let it slide.
    • GTW. Was told I didn't need to follow my sims to work. All lies except for the Science Career.
    • Autonomous Woohoo. What? Couldn't get that right. All my sims acted like their libidos were on fire. Every. Single. One. Great month that was. didn't play for that month. Frustration.
    • Mods broken every month. Have to wait until I can get the updated mod. Frustration.
    • New features every month? Oh wait. They broke the way I was playing. Time to change strategy again. Not fun.

Toddlers, terrain tools, world building, CAW, CASt are so not what's wrong with this game. Not for me. What is wrong with this game is that they tell you one thing. Then they change that the next month. They omit to tell you that they're breaking the way you play. Increase the population limit? Sounds good. Wait a minute. Why is everyone forgetting who they've always known before this fix was implemented?

Nothing was said about relationship decay. That's beyond me. I stopped playing long before that. But again. Ooh. Great feature they've implemented! Off to go update another mod!

I agree with everything but you actually can send sims off to work without following them :blush:

I know you can, but mine never got promoted unless I actively participated. Did yours?
  • Options
    @kremesch73

I thought the aliens themselves were done well in Sims4. Though the voices tend to get annoying. My only real complaint with aliens is how difficult it is to get abducted and/or pregnant.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member

• I let it slide.

I know you can, but mine never got promoted unless I actively participated. Did yours?
    Yeah mine didn't....the bar would hardly ever move and it took forever to get anywhere even with the "work hard" option.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    Gruffman wrote: »
    @kremesch73

I thought the aliens themselves were done well in Sims4. Though the voices tend to get annoying. My only real complaint with aliens is how difficult it is to get abducted and/or pregnant.

They were done well. The issue I ran into was I was one of the lucky ones where abductions happened every single night. I did complain. I wanted them to fix it. Unfortunately, they're fix was not the fix I was asking for. It became so rare after that, and if you were abducted, the chance for pregnancy was practically non-existent.

If that changed since December, I am unaware. I haven't played since then.
  • Options
    @kremesch73

They were done well. The issue I ran into was I was one of the lucky ones where abductions happened every single night. I did complain. I wanted them to fix it. Unfortunately, they're fix was not the fix I was asking for. It became so rare after that, and if you were abducted, the chance for pregnancy was practically non-existent.

No, sadly it hasn't. The abductions/pregnancies are rare as ever.
  • Options

• I let it slide.

Mine never got promoted.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    edited August 2016

No, sadly it hasn't. The abductions/pregnancies are rare as ever.

I know you enjoy the game and I appreciate that. It was nice to see you comment on the topic.

I really wish they could have just fixed it. You know? Not obliterated it all together. I know it's not everyone's thing. But it was a thing I always like about The Sims. It was also the first time I had ever complained about a feature being far too dominating. The result was less than satisfactory. I never said I wanted it gone. I participated and suggested, ad nauseum about the best way to approach the issue was. What I got was. Nevermind.

I stopped reporting because the results were always more disappointing than the actual problem for me. I just can't support this team.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @kremesch73

I saw Sim Guru Nick say that the abductions were at 100% and they tweaked them down to 25% and he's going to look into the possible reasons why some Sims aren't getting abducted. In 18 months I've had either 1 or 2 abductions and 0 pregnancies.
    ~~~

@kremesch73 My big problem with the 'fix' is that I actually bought GTW for the aliens and abductions. Now I have an EP that doesn't have the one thing I bought it for.