Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More Aspirations...

It's way past due time for some. We need aspirations for all these new jobs we have, plus ones for owning a shop/restaurant.
Until then, anybody know if there's a mod for this? I've never used mods before but the game is getting stale enough to do so. I've played through every aspiration already, I never ever have done that before in any Sims game, which seems sad to me.

Comments

• MinecraftdSimmerMinecraftdSimmer Posts: 561 Member
    Yes! We definitely need more focused and unique aspirations!

Also this kinda fits, MORE TRAITS!

We need A LOT more traits in the Sims 4, we also need the option to have more trait slots for our Sims
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    More career-focused ones, for sure. Same for retail and restaurants.
    Kids need some new ones, as well. Like, "Voidcritter Master", as a sort of precursor to the adult's Curator aspiration.
    wJbomAo.png
  • rbubblesrbubbles Posts: 158 Member
    There are two modded ones that I know of:
    -Class Clown (for children): they learn comedy and mischief faster as a reward once completed, made by scumbumbo
    -UFO Investigator: focus on aliens, allows humans to use alien powers and can command aliens to abduct other sims, made by r3m
    They're both available on MTS
  • foxx_fennecfoxx_fennec Posts: 761 Member
    Didn't TS3 include a LTW for each career track? I'd really like to see that return in TS4. It's frustrating when you KNOW your Sim's main goal in life is to reach the top of x career, yet you have to pick a different aspiration for them because there isn't one relevant to their career.
    Origin ID: foxx-fennec
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Reviving this, because I had a thought--I think it'd be kind of cool to have unlockable child aspirations. So, you start with one of the basic four, you complete that one, and then you have the option of selecting on eof the other 3 OR a new aspiration, unlocked by completing the first! That way your brainy kid could go on to be SUPER BRAINY, instead of switching over to something else. Sure, you could make the kid well rounded if you want, but you could also double down, and it would motivate to really build beyond those 4 base skills. Each of the child aspirations requires maxing out one of those skills, so then the new aspiration would be about building the skills accessed by maxing those ones (for this to really work, there'd really need to be some skills unlocked by maxing motor, but that's another story)

So like, completing the Whiz Kid aspiration, would then unlock an aspiration that was logic focussed, like, idk, chess master or something. And creative would unlock something about playing instruments or whatver. Ect ect.

AND/OR there could be teen specific aspirations (I'm undecided whether I'd prefer the regular aspirtions to still be available,or to have fully exclusive teen aspirations. Teens really need to distinguish themselves more, but on the other hand it's SO NICE to get to a start on a lot of aspiration early...I dunno.). Anyway, the rewards could be a boost in a specific career. Like, a computer whiz aspiration which lets you start one level up in the tech guru proffession, stuff like that. A class troublemakes aspiration that boosts a criminal career. A junior spacewlker aspiration lets you skip the entry level for astronaut. You get the idea.

Anyway, I thikn it would really give kids and teens for playability if thee were more aspirations for them.