Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Focus on what we as players want in the game!

It sad how many things are missing from the game! I remember everyone complaining about rabbit holes, looking bad on it they were a lot better than nothing! The whole phone cover thing was a waste in my opinion, why can't you actually read what we want. If any gurus actually read this il be shocked. Comment what you think should be added. Until this is fixed I'm not wasting my money on expansion packs that il only be buying for hair and clothes due to the fact that the base game has NOTHING which is very disappointing. The sims franchise used to be better than this. As long as the game is as boring as it is now I will continue playing the sims 2 and 3.
If these were added I feel that the game would be much better than it is now.
On second thought anything is better than it is now.
What needs to be in the game:
-Bikes
-Toddlers
-Pre Teens
-Cars
-Sports
-Rabbit holes
-Design tool
-Cribs
-Changing Tables
-Walkers
-Pets
-Seasons
-Better worlds
-Terrain Tools
-A school bus (at the least)
-Story Progression
-A larger number of sims per household, its sad that I can't play the game how id like without using the 16 sims mod.

*ADD IN WHAT YOU THINK IS MISSING IN A COMMENT BELOW*

Things wrong with the game:
-Babies just pop in to children! I thought this was a life simulator...
-The whole monster under the bed thing is the most annoying thing ever.
-Babies are objects. You can't take them anywhere or set them down ect.
-Nothing to do in game.
-Unrealistic
-No cars, what kind of life simulator doesn't have cars? Im sorry but that was a dumb move.
-Maps are awful. Why can't we just have an open world?
-Hair is inanimate
-Boring. Your sims get a job, you build a house, they have kids, they raise the kids, the kids go to school, you wait for them to get back, the parents get home from work, ect. Then the cycle repeats with the next generation. You can't send them to college, you can't enroll them in a private school, you can't bathe your child like in real life.

I do love the sims 2 and 3 and have been playing since I was 7 years old, however I'm deeply disappointed that you wasted your funds for the sims 4 on "emotions" instead of things we as players wanted.

Comments

• Options
    Sim2BladeSim2Blade Posts: 550 Member
    🐸🐸🐸🐸 has drivable sims 4 cars and flyable space ships
  • Options
    gamingstylistgamingstylist Posts: 115 Member
    As much as I'd love an open world with all the loading screens I'm not sure if it's possible for them to fix that though I'm no programming genius so maybe it's easier or way harder than we think. I just wish they'd actually give us answers on things and communicate with us more like with toddlers I know they have something where they can't apparently mention things out of quarter if it's going to be in the game or not but I think a lot of people would appreciate (since it is base game since sims 2 just because they want to change things up they shouldn't get rid of pretty much base game things by now) it if either we got a simple 'yes we're working on it', 'we worked on it and sadly it wasn't possible so no' or just 'no we can't add on it this iteration of the game we're sorry' sure they'd lose potential sales but at least there was honesty.I think most people would prefer getting a answer than getting a carrot dangled in front of them to keep buying the game then never get what they want... I know with the phone case thing I actually didn't notice it until you mentioned it lol. I know there's some people that say if you don't like Sims 4 go play 1,2,3 but its just why should we go back to playing them we bought 4 in hopes that from 1,2,3 that they'd have an amazing base and be able to surpass 1,2,3 with the base game, they're losing money if we go back to play the older games anyway. I don't mind the emotions for sims 4 though for me they feel like they give too much of an effect when my sims are constantly happy but at the same time I wish they would've focused on completing their base game stuff (pools, ghosts,toddlers, cars, bikes, I know some people think basic weather should be base by now) As critical of Sims 4 as I am I still like this game and hope it can improve... that turned into another rant sorry lol.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Sim2Blade wrote: »
    You're referring to this?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    A_CullerA_Culler Posts: 1,133 Member
    You want more rabbit holes? Really?
    Loneliness is a tax we have to pay to atone for a certain complexity of mind.

36187445662_5c73f737ed_c.jpg
    "I have yet to find a gold so pure that it's worth it's weight in dog."
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    The trouble with your list is, as a player, I don't want most of it, not even a half as much as I want Vampires in my game.
    So, scrap your list, and replace it with one word: VAMPIRES.

Story progression would be nice, as would the relationships being fixed, and memories added.
    I'd also like turn on/offs.

But mostly I want vampires... and maybe werewolves.

Julie2100 wrote: »
    -Boring. Your sims get a job, you build a house, they have kids, they raise the kids, the kids go to school, you wait for them to get back, the parents get home from work, ect. Then the cycle repeats with the next generation. You can't send them to college, you can't enroll them in a private school, you can't bathe your child like in real life.

What was there to do in the previous versions?
    Your sims get a job, you build a house, they have kids, they raise the kids, the kids go to school, you wait for them to get back, the parents get home from work, ect. Then the cycle repeats with the next generation.

Uni was just another expansion pack, maybe the TS4 one will be out later. You don't know what they have planned for the game yet.
    And children can bathe themselves.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    tselphtselph Posts: 36 Member
    AMEN on the design tool. Create-a-Style from TS3 needs to make a comeback to TS4. ESPECIALLY since the furniture and building options are already so limited as is.
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    A_Culler wrote: »

Yes, I want rabbit holes back. They are better than the stark barren waste land that we have right now.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member

We don't have anything now. Rabbit Holes are much better than vanishing.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    um there are TWO rabbit holes-ones with buildings-ala Sims 3. Then there's are the Rabbit holes from the first two Generations one where you don't see the buildings.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    GypsyPrinceGypsyPrince Posts: 118 Member
    Devs and Rachel be like
    ZpYK7.gif
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member

Still it is very understandable that they omitted rabbit holes after reading all those threads in the Sims 3 forum from people who just hated rabbit holes and became angry every time they saw one ;)
  • Options
    jusMehjusMeh Posts: 424 Member
    edited August 2016
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Sim2Blade wrote: »
    You're referring to this?

Oh Gawd, all those loading screens... I can't even... and I wouldn't call those cars exactly "drivable" from what I saw in that video. I'm sorry but that's just pitiful. :/
  • Options
    jusMehjusMeh Posts: 424 Member
    Erpe wrote: »

Still it is very understandable that they omitted rabbit holes after reading all those threads in the Sims 3 forum from people who just hated rabbit holes and became angry every time they saw one ;)

Why is that understandable when they don't listen to any other feedback? LOL
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    jusMeh wrote: »

I want to know why people think that simply disappearing into thin air is preferable or superior to a sim entering a rabbithole. Technically, they're both the same thing, but one is a little more believeable and the other one is just silly. Even sims in TS2 drove away in a car on their way to work.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member

there are rabbit holes in TS4 too, didn't you notice ?
    maybe it was just a very clever move to not include a particular building as a rabbit hole & just to remove the whole thing completely out of sight & let the player just have some adjustments menue, very clever :grimace:

there are only two differences between TS3's rabbit holes & TS4's rabbit holes
    1. in TS3 the sim has to actually move through the city io to get there
    while in TS4 the sim just disappears from the boardwalk in front of the own home

2. in TS3 the building is actually placed in the city
    while in TS4 the player is allowed to imagine the building where the sim works somewhere in an unknown nowhere

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Welcome to the forums, OP! :smile:

It is sadly not the first time that there is a list of requests, some of which are the so called 'missing features' and although that list is not as large as it used to be, it is still there.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member

Because it doesn't cost them a bit to omit the rabbit holes - while it would cost them a huge fortune to give people free toddlers like so many greedily demands ;)
  • Options
    A_CullerA_Culler Posts: 1,133 Member

maybe it was just a very clever move to not include a particular building as a rabbit hole & just to remove the whole thing completely out of sight & let the player just have some adjustments menue, very clever :grimace:

while in TS4 the sim just disappears from the boardwalk in front of the own home

while in TS4 the player is allowed to imagine the building where the sim works somewhere in an unknown nowhere

I never said The Sims 4 had no rabbit holes, I am merely surprised people would want more to be included. I personally find it much more rewarding to go through a portal and enter a new area than to go through a portal and be confronted with text based chance cards.
    Loneliness is a tax we have to pay to atone for a certain complexity of mind.

36187445662_5c73f737ed_c.jpg
    "I have yet to find a gold so pure that it's worth it's weight in dog."
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member

The TS2 ones are better than the TS4 ones. At least in TS2 your sims would get into a car, before driving to their unknown workplace. I don't know why they didn't just repeat the TS2 method, with the carpool turning up outside your sims home when's time to go to work.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

This is a TS4 rabbit hole is it not?

12891133_1726235877659097_3495803193910390717_o.jpg
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    WillowG145WillowG145 Posts: 351 Member

The solution was not make them rabbit holes, but make those structures complete and make semi active careers/funcions. That was actually what I was expectiong as evolution for the sims 4, instead of having vanishing even worse than the sims 2 (at least cars appeared to take the sims at work/school :/ )

No one ever said to take away all that make a town. plus, at least with rabbit holes we had more careers, now there is very little.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member

Because it doesn't cost them a bit to omit the rabbit holes - while it would cost them a huge fortune to give people free toddlers like so many greedily demands ;)
    As you call people greedy, some can say the company is stingy and it is not greedy to ask for something that should have been included.

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member

This is a TS4 rabbit hole is it not?

12891133_1726235877659097_3495803193910390717_o.jpg
    Yep, you know some people have selective sight.

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Devs and Rachel be like
    ZpYK7.gif

LOL!

Gosh, I needed that.

--T
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Are we setting ourselves up for disappointment if we have any expectations that ts4 will be influenced by what players want? Is there a long list of evidence that players are influencing any content thus far in this iteration of the franchise that I don't know about? I've seen some free content added to an already lacking base game after an upswell of discontent... content that felt like it was thrown out hush us up for a bit. The packs seem to be a meandering mishmash. The new rule for EA's stance with Sim players seems to be silence or deflection. They don't seem to want to meet us halfway with their goals or our goals for the game's future.