Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Safe cc sites

Any safe cc sites?
Thanks.
Xfimx5.gif

Comments

• Options
    CoemgenusKCoemgenusK Posts: 211 Member
    I wasn't aware there are unsafe cc sites.
    positively Epicurean
  • Options
    FunnySims4FunnySims4 Posts: 4 New Member
    I use The Sims Resource and all sites that www.fantayziamaxismatch.tumblr.com recommends (bad English :p)
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I find youtube to be a great friend for finding good quality cc. Some of my favorite youtube simmers like Alexis at SimsVIP have a cc finds series. Also, as @FunnySims4 The Sims Resource is a great collection of talented cc creators as well as Mod the Sims.

Like @CoemgenusK , I don't find as many unsafe ones anymore like there were back in the TS2 and 3 days. I just steer clear of sites with an over-abundant number of pop up adds and the like. As a rule of thumb, if the site looks suspicious don't download from them until you do some checking around and asking in the sims community. Most are quite friendly and willing to give their input! Good luck and happy shopping.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    I never download custom content from any sites that use ad.fly to control the number of downloads.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    CunninghamCunningham Posts: 1,310 Member
    edited August 2016
    It's hard to tell if anyone custom content site is safe. The creator might not even know they have a virus when you're downloading their content.
    I never download custom content from any sites that use ad.fly to control the number of downloads.
    @SimsILikeSims I agree, if I see ad.fly I just leave it...However I did download one female hair, it just messed my main screen up with adding adds onto the front screen when first loading up.
    'I'm Just Another Plum Faced Irishman, Am I Not?'
    "Dr Moose's daycare challenge "
    The Sims 3 - Wishlist/Top5
    oGh7KNi.gif
  • Options
    EpochismEpochism Posts: 411 Member
    The Sims Resource definitely. Never had one bad cc from there, and I download a lot of it.

• Options
    EpochismEpochism Posts: 411 Member
    Plus, The Sims Resource is very easy to download items from.
  • Options
    Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    TSR is safe, but their content is getting worse and worse everyday.
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    ModTheSims, never had a problem there and, been using it since Sims 2. Just read the comments after a patch to see if your stuff needs updates.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    soulfullsoulfull Posts: 104 Member
    qdogsims uses save cc, idk her sight, however that is her Origin ID
  • Options
    UniSimsUniSims Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited August 2016
    ModTheSims, never had a problem there and, been using it since Sims 2. Just read the comments after a patch to see if your stuff needs updates.

^^^^^^

If you're looking for mods I recommend Zerbu
    Simista is also a cute little site for various objects and clothes.
    laughing-gifs-old-timey.gif

Everything is more colourful in black and white
  • Options
    HeyyysimsHeyyysims Posts: 251 Member
    simsresource is good. Make sure you don't click any ads. You can scan the downloaded files if you like extra safety i guess.
    Download Celebrity Sims on my Blog: https://moongalaxysims.com
  • Options
    deezenodeezeno Posts: 48 Member
    I've never had trouble with Tumblr finds either
  • Options
    LanieGamesLanieGames Posts: 2 New Member
    I mostly find my CC from tumblr (direct downloads under their posts) and have to yet come across anything unsafe!
  • Options
    benguin229benguin229 Posts: 1 New Member
    so like I am also looking, and I want to use The Sims Rescource, but I don't know what ad blocker to use...
  • Options
    CheyTheHumanCheyTheHuman Posts: 56 Member
    benguin229 wrote: »
    so like I am also looking, and I want to use The Sims Rescource, but I don't know what ad blocker to use...

uBlock Origin is a excellent ad-blocker, It can also block trackers and malware domains. It also takes up less CPU and memory than AdBlock Plus.